Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-2012, 10:39 PM   #1
NicoleK1974
Mouseketeer

SOOOOO bummed!!

They just did a change to CRT dinner menu.
The pasta I fell in love with...the reason we cancelled perfect time BOG ressies....it's gone....

So bummed! Oh well....at least my DD will be happy to be back at CRT again...
*sigh*
Anyone else have a second fave to suggest?

NicoleK1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:10 AM   #2
Peter Fan
Peter Fan

Wow! Did they replace it with anything? Cuz they didn't have much to offer to begin with.
Peter Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-05-2012, 12:05 PM   #3
NicoleK1974
Mouseketeer

Looks like they replaced it with either braised Cobia (I'm only a fish fan if it is done PERFECTLY) and fried chicken with mac and cheese.
Just doesn't seem right to be eating fried chicken and mac and cheese in the castle!
Lol!
Seems like most of my dining ressies have changed their menus quite a bit VERY recently.
Sci-Fi, SOA and now CRT.
Oh well...not like we will starve, but I WAS really looking forward to that pasta!
I'm thinking about asking our server if they might be willing to part with the recipe.

Old 12-05-2012, 12:19 PM   #4
Luv4Disney
DIS Veteran

Bummer! I was bummed when they got rid of the Major Domo's pie.

At least you'll still be in the castle!
Old 12-05-2012, 01:05 PM   #5
River Country
DIS Jedi

I was bummed when it changed names from King Stefan's Castle to Cinderella's Royal Table. On top of that they got rid of the Prime Rib
River Country is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:14 PM   #6
loriandmatt
DIS Veteran

whatever you do, dont' get the Pork Three Ways. it was by far the worst meal i have ever had on WDW property....and that's saying something. we visit for at least a week, at least yearly and have a sit down meal at least once a day....that's a lot of meals to pick from and that was hands down the worst.
8/1980 (a one day trip to MK, but the magic was planted), 9/2000 ASMo (the long awaited return - i am hooked), 10/2001 - FW, 2/2002 - offsite, 6/2002 - ASMu, 8/2003 FW (it's been over a year- ack! I am going thru withdrawl), 3/2004 FW, Wow - a new house and a new baby - will have to wait a while for out next trip. How long do you think we can hold out?!?!?!?, 9/2005 - Pop (Held out for 18 months - that was hard!), 8/2006 - ASSp and POR, 8/2007 - FW,6/2008 - off site windsor hills villa,8/09 - just swung by for two day trips while staying at Cocoa Beach,07/10 - WL, 07/11 - AKL,8/12 - POR, 7/13 - Poly, 2014 - planning - leaning towards FW cabin
loriandmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:52 PM   #7
NicoleK1974
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by loriandmatt
whatever you do, dont' get the Pork Three Ways. it was by far the worst meal i have ever had on WDW property....and that's saying something. we visit for at least a week, at least yearly and have a sit down meal at least once a day....that's a lot of meals to pick from and that was hands down the worst.
Ooooh!
Thanks for this info!
It was the one I was leaning towards....
Hmmmmm.....
Anyone else have a yea or nay on the CRT entrees?

Old 12-05-2012, 02:32 PM   #8
czmom
DIS Veteran

We will be eating there on Sunday. Where did you find the new menu? The one on Allears says it was updated 9/12.
Old 12-05-2012, 03:00 PM   #9
loriandmatt
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoleK1974 View Post
Ooooh!
Thanks for this info!
It was the one I was leaning towards....
Hmmmmm.....
Anyone else have a yea or nay on the CRT entrees?
ya know...it really sounded like it would be in my wheelhouse too. i think it was a combination of the pulled pork being flavorless, the bacon being almost non existant in the dish and the swiss chard being very bitter and overwhelming. (and i am a fan of bitter greens, but this was just over the top. it was all you could taste and it almost had a fishy undertone.) my expectations were high and i was very disapointed.

i swore for other reasons to never go back. service was the worst i have ever had a WDW. from the greeter to the waiter we had - grumpy, not in character at all, slow - as if they know their gratuity is included in the price of the meal so they just dont try. not worth two dining credits at all. my daughter saw it once and is over it because it simply was not magical because of our experience with the greeter and waiter. However if i had to and had to pick a menu item, i would try the cobia. love that fish! or the beef dish. (husband had it and didn't hate it. best beef dish on property in our opinions is the prime rib at Boatwrights at POR....oh, or the filet at Cali Grill...but i digress.) you can't go wrong with WDW fried chicken, but man they have that on like every menu....by the time we leave WDW i am fried chickened out for a while.

Good Luck, Happy Planning and Have a Great Vaca.
8/1980 (a one day trip to MK, but the magic was planted), 9/2000 ASMo (the long awaited return - i am hooked), 10/2001 - FW, 2/2002 - offsite, 6/2002 - ASMu, 8/2003 FW (it's been over a year- ack! I am going thru withdrawl), 3/2004 FW, Wow - a new house and a new baby - will have to wait a while for out next trip. How long do you think we can hold out?!?!?!?, 9/2005 - Pop (Held out for 18 months - that was hard!), 8/2006 - ASSp and POR, 8/2007 - FW,6/2008 - off site windsor hills villa,8/09 - just swung by for two day trips while staying at Cocoa Beach,07/10 - WL, 07/11 - AKL,8/12 - POR, 7/13 - Poly, 2014 - planning - leaning towards FW cabin
loriandmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:16 PM   #10
NicoleK1974
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by czmom
We will be eating there on Sunday. Where did you find the new menu? The one on Allears says it was updated 9/12.
Ummmmm....I'm not sure...I have been in planning overdrive for the past few days and have read about 20 different websites.
I do remember it was updated 10/12 if that helps at all.

Old 12-05-2012, 03:25 PM   #11
NicoleK1974
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by loriandmatt

ya know...it really sounded like it would be in my wheelhouse too. i think it was a combination of the pulled pork being flavorless, the bacon being almost non existant in the dish and the swiss chard being very bitter and overwhelming. (and i am a fan of bitter greens, but this was just over the top. it was all you could taste and it almost had a fishy undertone.) my expectations were high and i was very disapointed.

i swore for other reasons to never go back. service was the worst i have ever had a WDW. from the greeter to the waiter we had - grumpy, not in character at all, slow - as if they know their gratuity is included in the price of the meal so they just dont try. not worth two dining credits at all. my daughter saw it once and is over it because it simply was not magical because of our experience with the greeter and waiter. However if i had to and had to pick a menu item, i would try the cobia. love that fish! or the beef dish. (husband had it and didn't hate it. best beef dish on property in our opinions is the prime rib at Boatwrights at POR....oh, or the filet at Cali Grill...but i digress.) you can't go wrong with WDW fried chicken, but man they have that on like every menu....by the time we leave WDW i am fried chickened out for a while.

Good Luck, Happy Planning and Have a Great Vaca.
The swiss chard was my tipping point....I love it if done correctly....

Our server last year was extremely friendly and accommodating, but was uninformed on a major issue (we ended up paying for the meal TWICE and had to call when we got home for a refund) so hopefully the service will make up for it.

In all honesty, if it weren't already paid for (on a joint credit card with the ex, that I don't have access to anymore and I was made to pay my portion of, and I KNOW he would not give me the $$$ back when it was refunded to his card.) I would probably cancel it....

I cancelled BOG ressies in favor of it too...

I do remember the rolls were excellent as was the the shrimp cocktail so it isn't a total loss! Lol!

Old 12-05-2012, 08:34 PM   #12
North of Mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by River Country View Post
I was bummed when it changed names from King Stefan's Castle to Cinderella's Royal Table. On top of that they got rid of the Prime Rib
I agree! We're *old timers* also
North of Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 03:26 PM   #13
PoohsFan1
DIS Veteran

When I first read the title of this thread, it got me scared. Thankfully they still have the beef tenderloin, not like we are going anytime soon so I can enjoy it. This is an entree that DH and I always get and it has yet to disappoint. Maybe this could be another option for the OP. OP I would be bummed too, especially after getting rid of a BOG ADR. Hopefully you will find something there that will be pleasing to you .

PoohsFan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 04:49 PM   #14
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

there's another thread about this that references wdwinfo.com's menu area (aka the Dis's info side). And shows that there are no chicken or cow-based entrees anymore.

And shows that they changed the risotto (yay) to a cassoulet (bleah).

allears and disney still show the other info, but I don't think the Dis's menu people are pulling the menu change from nowhere, know what I mean?

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!

Last edited by bumbershoot; 12-06-2012 at 04:56 PM.
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:39 PM   #15
mlittig
DIS Veteran

I was also extremely disappointed when they removed the delicious prime rib from the menu

5/87 Polynesian 5/90 Polynesian 12/02 Off site 8/08 French Quarter 6/09 French Quarter 8/09 All Star Sports 4/10 French Quarter 12/10 Old Key West 4/11 Old Key West 8/11 Pop Century 9/11 Pop Century 4/12 Old Key West 8/12 Old Key West 4/13 Old Key West 8/13 Old Key West 4/14 Old Key West 8/14 Old Key West 4/17/15 Pop Century
mlittig is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: