Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-02-2012, 11:25 AM   #421
esk
DIS Veteran

There was one in my 2 BR Presidential; it was under the sink, in a bag.

Not the strongest hair dryer I've ever used, but more than adequate.
esk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 01:58 PM   #422
nancy155
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by esk View Post
There was one in my 2 BR Presidential; it was under the sink, in a bag.

Not the strongest hair dryer I've ever used, but more than adequate.
There were two in our two bedroom deluxe under the sinks. As said above not the strongest, but worked just fine.

nancy155 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-03-2012, 11:48 AM   #423
myjourney
DIS Veteran

New to this BC questions

I have not read every thread but this appears to be a group of resort hotels? Who do I contact for pricing and availability? What should I expect to pay for a 4 bedroom and how many people can occupy it. We are 6 adults and 4 children. What is the minimum length of stay?

I see the term tower, does that refer to a hotel? Which is the best to ask for?

Dec 2014 Fort Wilderness 8 nights
Oct 2014 Fort Wilderness 14 nights
Oct 2013 Fort Wilderness 9 nights
May 2013 4 nights AKL, 5 nights at POR (love Yeeha Bob!)
May 2012 5 nights AKL, 3 nights BCV, and 4 nights SSR TH
March 2011 SSR and POR
October 2010 CSR
May 2010 Kidani Village and Saratoga Spring Resort
Oct 2009 Saratoga Springs Resort
May 2009 Saratoga Springs Resort
Nov 2008 Saratoga Springs Resort
June 2008 Animal Kingdom Lodge

Last edited by myjourney; 12-03-2012 at 11:56 AM.
myjourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 03:35 PM   #424
DSLRuser
Age is a state of mind

1 bedromm = 4 persons max (1 king bed sleeps 2, 1 pull out bed sleeps 2)

2 bedroom = 8 persons (1 king bed sleeps 2, 1 pull out bed sleeps 2, 1 quean bed sleeps 2, 1 quean bed sleeps 2)

So you will need a 3 bedroom or bigger to sleep your group.
Port Orleans FQ x3
Coranado Springs
Caribbean Beach Club
Contemporary Resort
Animal Kingdom Lodge
Yacht Club
Polynesian Resort
<<Disney Wonder>>
Marriot Sable Palms x 4
Marriot Royal Palms x 4
Bonnet Creek x 3
Marriot Cypress Harbor x 2
Marriot Grande Vista
DSLRuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 07:28 PM   #425
manhattanman
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by myjourney View Post
I have not read every thread but this appears to be a group of resort hotels? Who do I contact for pricing and availability? What should I expect to pay for a 4 bedroom and how many people can occupy it. We are 6 adults and 4 children. What is the minimum length of stay?

the first post does a good job answering your questions with a lot of other information as well. This is a long running thread but I think you can get most of the info in the first post.

6 adults means three bedroom deluxe ( with two people sleeping on the pull out) or 4 bedroom presidential. The three bedroom presidential exists but it does not have the pull out couch and the max occupancy is 8.
manhattanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:50 PM   #426
dissy_dee
Mouseketeer

Returned from Bonnet Creek after an 8 night stay. It met my expectations as usual and then some. The staff were excellent this trip. The room was clean.

We requested a fireworks view and boy did we get one. Unit 735 building 2 - We had an awesome view of the EPCOT ball, could see Holiwood Studio Ears in the distance. We could not see the castle but we did have an awesome view of the fireworks. SO we watched fireworks over at Magic Kingdom and also at EPCOT. It was awesome.

The kids enjoyed several of the pools and the lazy rivers. They had no complaints about either.

On Thanksgiving I woke up and could barely walk so called the front desk to ask about renting a scooter. They put me through to K&M Rentals who has scooters onsite. I was able to retrieve a scooter immediately for a very reasonable price.

So I am in the club of I sooo Love Bonnet Creek!!!!
dissy_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:57 PM   #427
haPevraftr
DIS Veteran

We check in on 12/28 and I would love to make it to MK to see the castle lit (at 6;15 ish). If they don't let us check in until 4:00, will we be able to make it? We will have our own car to drive.
Visited WDW many times as a child; Engagement trip OKW '01 ; Disneyland '04 and '05; Off-site '06 and '07 ; Pop Century '08 ; POFQ '09 ; ASMo '10 ; CSR '11 ; AKL/SVR '12 ;NYE '12-'13 WBC Easter '13, SLR/CBR ;Thanksgiving '13, VVP; April '14, WBC; WBC Spring Break 2015

Last edited by haPevraftr; 12-04-2012 at 10:03 PM.
haPevraftr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:01 PM   #428
haPevraftr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by myjourney View Post

To give you an idea, our 3 bdrm presidential is $1950 including tax and fees for 9 nights over NYE booked thru Vacation Strategy..
Visited WDW many times as a child; Engagement trip OKW '01 ; Disneyland '04 and '05; Off-site '06 and '07 ; Pop Century '08 ; POFQ '09 ; ASMo '10 ; CSR '11 ; AKL/SVR '12 ;NYE '12-'13 WBC Easter '13, SLR/CBR ;Thanksgiving '13, VVP; April '14, WBC; WBC Spring Break 2015
haPevraftr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:18 PM   #429
dissy_dee
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by haPevraftr View Post
We check in on 12/28 and I would love to make it to MK to see the castle lit (at 6;15 ish). If they don't let us check in until 4:00, will we be able to make it? We will have our own car to drive.
This is very doable. You are within minutes of the Parks. Check in and head over to MK.
Old 12-07-2012, 03:57 PM   #430
drmnofdisney
Earning My Ears

Does anyone know what they sell in the Bonnet Creeks little market?I was gonna use garden grocer but when i called bonnet creek the front desk said they sold it there...
drmnofdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 04:47 PM   #431
dissy_dee
Mouseketeer

The little store at Bonnet Creek is very small and fairly expensive. They have some sundry items but not a lot. Not sure exactly what all they carry but it is nothing like a food market. They carry general items you might forgert such as toothpaste and have souvenir items.
Old 12-07-2012, 07:24 PM   #432
wgeo
That's the kind of day where you can't open your mouth without a song jumping right out of it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmnofdisney View Post
Does anyone know what they sell in the Bonnet Creeks little market?I was gonna use garden grocer but when i called bonnet creek the front desk said they sold it there...
I remember it being very small, it could NOT have replaced our grocery store run to Wal-mart. They did have some small stuff, like mini boxes of cereal (single serving) and chips - but it was quite small.

DH me DS 10 DD 9

WDW Trips: 1982, 1987, 1994, 2011, 2012, 2014
Disney Magic: 2014
wgeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 07:51 PM   #433
JimMIA
A little Miami humor...

Location: Miami, Wyndham Great Smoky Mountains, and EVER (Everglades National Park)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmnofdisney View Post
There are two grocery delivery services to choose from. One is Garden Grocer, the other is WeGoShop.

I've never used either, but there has been a lot of discussion on the DVC boards about them.

Garden Grocer has a set list of items you can purchase. I assume the items are marked up slightly from what they are paying, and there is also a small service charge.

WeGoShop will go to any store you want, including Super Walmart, Costco, etc, and buy whatever brands, sizes, etc you want. They bring you the receipts from the stores and add a small service charge.

Both companies can leave groceries at resorts without you being there, and most resorts can store the groceries in refrigerated areas, if necessary. (I'm pretty sure WBC will)

All of the feedback I've seen in the last 3-4 years on both companies has been low-cost, good-service performance.

As others have stated, the selection of food items at WBC is VERY limited.
JimMIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:28 AM   #434
2goofykiddos
Budding Disney addict

Dissydee-- When did you request your view?? So awesome that you got a good one. Sounds like a nice vacation
May 2010- 3 days off site
May 2011-- 6 nights POFQ
May 2012- 7 nights VWL!!!!!
Oct 2012 Adult's only F&W trip
Dec 2012- Bonnet Creek with extended family,
1 night CBR
March 2013- off site
May 2014- Bay Lake Tower
Dec 2014- WBC again!
2goofykiddos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 01:01 PM   #435
Chelley00
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMIA View Post
Both companies can leave groceries at resorts without you being there, and most resorts can store the groceries in refrigerated areas, if necessary. (I'm pretty sure WBC will)
We've used Garden Grocer on pretty much every trip. WBC stored our frozen stuff in a freezer and our fridged stuff in a fridge, and bell services brought it directly to our room. I like GG just because I can order from their website and know what I'm getting, as opposed to WeGoShop where you have to make a list and send it to them with sizes and stores. GG is just a little easier for us.