Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-26-2011, 04:38 PM   #31
SettinSail
Cruise With Me Baby
 
SettinSail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 793

Malta was beautiful!!! We did the same tour as you but we went to the fishing village first. After the tour, we had a quick lunch onboard, then rode the Malta bus into town and toured St John's Co-Cathedral. It was truly one of the most ornate cathedrals I've seen in all of Europe. It's almost completely gilded inside, the treasures and opulence are from the Knights. The bus ride was hilarious, did you see those colorful buses that are like 60 or more years old. There's a guide on there telling you about Malta but also telling you to shut up! sit down! every few seconds

So......I inquired for a room at Dusquenne Eiffel and they do have a triple available! It's 16 square meters, which is 172 sq ft so it will be about 13' x
13' and has a double bed and a twin bed in it It's 217 euros a night which I thought was quite expensive. But you can't beat the location and it is rated #28 on tripadvisor out of over 1800 hotels. We have to let them know by 4:00 tomorrow. My back-up hotel is Novotel Les Halles which is only 117 euros per night and is rated #234 on tripadvisor with mixed reviews but I think it looks OK. We are leaning towards splurging for something nice since it's our birthdays. I could not find a Hilton near the tower so it may be another brand. I'm really tired of researching and just want to book something! Thanks for your help!

Shawn
__________________
Me DH DS(17)
Oct 1994 WDW Honeymoon - Grand Floridian Feb 2002 WDW DS 1st visit at age 4 - Wilderness Cabin Oct 2003 DisneyLand - DL Hotel Oct 2006 WDW - Wilderness Lodge Oct 2007 3 day Wonder Cabin 6076 Jan 2009 7 day Magic (Western) Cabin 5622 Aug 2010 10 day Magic (Med) Cabin 2539
SettinSail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 06:22 PM   #32
pixie08
DIS Veteran
 
pixie08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: New York
Posts: 5,072

Quote:
Originally Posted by SettinSail View Post
Malta was beautiful!!! We did the same tour as you but we went to the fishing village first. After the tour, we had a quick lunch onboard, then rode the Malta bus into town and toured St John's Co-Cathedral. It was truly one of the most ornate cathedrals I've seen in all of Europe. It's almost completely gilded inside, the treasures and opulence are from the Knights. The bus ride was hilarious, did you see those colorful buses that are like 60 or more years old. There's a guide on there telling you about Malta but also telling you to shut up! sit down! every few seconds

So......I inquired for a room at Dusquenne Eiffel and they do have a triple available! It's 16 square meters, which is 172 sq ft so it will be about 13' x
13' and has a double bed and a twin bed in it It's 217 euros a night which I thought was quite expensive. But you can't beat the location and it is rated #28 on tripadvisor out of over 1800 hotels. We have to let them know by 4:00 tomorrow. My back-up hotel is Novotel Les Halles which is only 117 euros per night and is rated #234 on tripadvisor with mixed reviews but I think it looks OK. We are leaning towards splurging for something nice since it's our birthdays. I could not find a Hilton near the tower so it may be another brand. I'm really tired of researching and just want to book something! Thanks for your help!

Shawn
That is high! I think we paid 150 E. If you want o sluuuurge have you considered the Westin? Lori stayed there and loved it. She liked the location, it is a little touristy though. I guess they sold the Hilton? My friend stayed there a few years ago- yikes lol!
__________________
Mary
Too many times to count…

pixie08 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-26-2011, 06:55 PM   #33
akluss
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 99

We were on the 11 night cruise that left on August 28th. I also thought Malta was stunning and quite interesting to tour and learn about. We did the Disney "Tale of Two Cities" tour and got to see much of Valletta and then drove to the smaller town of Mdina. It's funny because just the other day my 17 year old daughter said one thing she would have liked to have done on the cruise was to get a t-shirt from the Hard Rock Malta, as she said, how many people have been there?

I am enjoying reliving the trip through your report and beautiful pictures, looking forward to more, Karyn
akluss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 02:38 AM   #34
Willem
Need Magic?
 
Willem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Belgium
Posts: 190

Great report! We're taking this cruise this summer so this is a great way to get an idea on what to expect.

to SettinSail: The Hilton next to the Eiffel Tower has been bought by Accor and is now named Pullman. It's a great hotel, stayed there last summer and really loved it!
__________________
Stretch your mind beyond fantastic
Dreams are made of strong elastic


Disneyland Paris +150 visits
WDW July/August 2013
DCL Magic July 2011
Disneyland Anaheim July 2010
WDW August 2008
DCL Wonder August 2008
Tokyo Disneyland August 2007
Disneyland Anaheim August 2006
WDW August 2004
Willem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 03:34 AM   #35
SettinSail
Cruise With Me Baby
 
SettinSail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 793

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixie08 View Post
That is high! I think we paid 150 E. If you want o sluuuurge have you considered the Westin? Lori stayed there and loved it. She liked the location, it is a little touristy though. I guess they sold the Hilton? My friend stayed there a few years ago- yikes lol!
Yeah, their rates for singles/doubles are quite reasonable. I've decided if you need a triple in Paris you are just going to pay out the nose! I probably should have booked the Novotel when I saw it yesterday for 117 euros, it is showing 164 euros per night now, wondering if I saw it wrong yesterday? The Westin is 405 euros per night and is ranked #400 and something on TA. I bit the bullet and booked the Dusquene. It is so highly ranked and such a great location. I think we will just not enjoy the size of the room, lol.

Shawn
__________________
Me DH DS(17)
Oct 1994 WDW Honeymoon - Grand Floridian Feb 2002 WDW DS 1st visit at age 4 - Wilderness Cabin Oct 2003 DisneyLand - DL Hotel Oct 2006 WDW - Wilderness Lodge Oct 2007 3 day Wonder Cabin 6076 Jan 2009 7 day Magic (Western) Cabin 5622 Aug 2010 10 day Magic (Med) Cabin 2539
SettinSail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 01:18 PM   #36
pixie08
DIS Veteran
 
pixie08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: New York
Posts: 5,072

Quote:
Originally Posted by SettinSail View Post
Yeah, their rates for singles/doubles are quite reasonable. I've decided if you need a triple in Paris you are just going to pay out the nose! I probably should have booked the Novotel when I saw it yesterday for 117 euros, it is showing 164 euros per night now, wondering if I saw it wrong yesterday? The Westin is 405 euros per night and is ranked #400 and something on TA. I bit the bullet and booked the Dusquene. It is so highly ranked and such a great location. I think we will just not enjoy the size of the room, lol.

Shawn
You are going to lkie it I think. It is a small hotel (the lift and hallways are small, rooms not too bad), nothing like the novotel or Westin. It is neighborhood boutique hotel, but still very parisian chic! It was very quiet which was nice.Decent breakfast too. We bit the bullet and booked and we were happy we did. It was much easier than trekking out looking for breakfast....even though if you want to that is possible. There are two nice cafe's down the block, and rue cler just a few blocks away!
__________________
Mary
Too many times to count…

pixie08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 04:34 PM   #37
pixie08
DIS Veteran
 
pixie08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: New York
Posts: 5,072

Tunisia (well sort of)!
__________________
Mary
Too many times to count…

pixie08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 07:19 PM   #38
VickidiBobbidiBoo
Earning My Ears
 
VickidiBobbidiBoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Norristown, PA (30 min outside of Philly)
Posts: 6

Great!

Great trip report so far! Can't wait to hear about your private tour from Naples - we are looking for a recommendation for a tour when we go in June!!! In just 4 months we'll be on our way to Europe - can't believe it!!
Vicki
VickidiBobbidiBoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 01:15 PM   #39
pixie08
DIS Veteran
 
pixie08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: New York
Posts: 5,072

Thanks!
__________________
Mary
Too many times to count…

pixie08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 09:00 PM   #40
pixie08
DIS Veteran
 
pixie08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: New York
Posts: 5,072

I've posted my Naples recap.
__________________
Mary
Too many times to count…

pixie08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 11:56 PM   #41
pixie08
DIS Veteran
 
pixie08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: New York
Posts: 5,072

I have reviewed our day in the port of La Spezia. We toured Santa Margherita and Portofino for anyone interested!
__________________
Mary
Too many times to count…

pixie08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:43 PM   #42
clairedy6
Mouseketeer
 
clairedy6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 172

Hi where can I read the rest of your Trip Report?
clairedy6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 08:57 AM   #43
Brynnie
Mouseketeer
 
Brynnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 262

I want to read the rest too!
__________________
-Angie

offsite 08/96 * All Star Sports 03/98, 04/00 * All Star Movies 05/01, 02/05 * Caribbean Beach 05/02 * Wyndham Palace Resort and Spa 01/03 * Royal Pacific Resort 05/03 * Hilton Downtown Disney 07/03 * Offsite 10/03 * DL- Crowne Plaza Garden Grove 12/03 * Coronado Springs 5/04 * Dolphin~WL 7/04 * AKL~Polynesian 07/05 * AKL~POR 01/06 * Swan 2/08 * Caribbean Beach 10/08 * DL- Embassy Suites South 01/09 * PBH 3/11* Swan 02/12* SSR/DCL DREAM 4 nt Bahamas May/12!!!!! * SSR/DCL DREAM 4 nt Bahamas Sept/12 * DCL Wonder 5 nt Western Caribbean out of Miami! 1/13
Brynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:13 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.