Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-2012, 10:13 AM   #1
nicolet
On the Fantasy in November!

Oral b or Sonic care electric toothbrushes.

Looking into getting one for my DS10. He just got his braces in July and we are having problems with plaque. He is brushing well but just can't seem to keep the plaque away.

Is there a better brand between the 2. And are any options better between the 2. I'm also looking at maybe a water pick or flosser option.

nicolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 02:58 PM   #2
penn19
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolet View Post
Looking into getting one for my DS10. He just got his braces in July and we are having problems with plaque. He is brushing well but just can't seem to keep the plaque away.

Is there a better brand between the 2. And are any options better between the 2. I'm also looking at maybe a water pick or flosser option.
I am partial to Sonicare. Saying that though, one of my kids had braces and also had a sonicare. Doesn't matter what kind you have if you don't USE it! His teeth were horrible after the braces came off. Like he is going to always have issues and has extensive dental work ahead of him as he ages. He was older when he had braces and I expected that he could handle it. He just didn't care and now is paying the price for it.

Anyway, you didn't ask that! But just keep on top of your son about it. And I will also ad that I think Crest maybe? has a new line of products out for kids who wear braces. Toothpaste, rinse etc......You might check into that. And I did hear that the Sonicare flosser thing was good for braces.
penn19 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-04-2012, 04:48 PM   #3
dis-happy
DIS Veteran

My ds with braces uses a Sonicare (as does the rest of the family). Every time he goes into the ortho they are extremely complimentary on how clean his teeth and gums look. Personally I'd alway choose the Sonicare over anything else. Love that thing!
dis-happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:56 PM   #4
SnoWhiteRabbit
DIS Veteran

For what it's worth, I was at the dentist yesterday and the hygienist recommended sonicare.

Next Trip 8/14 So Much to Celebrate! ASMo * 12/10 Our Very Merry SuRpRiSe ChRiStMaS TRiP * 1/08 Grand Gathering POR - Papa's 70th & Blaise's 6th - Pirate & Princess Party! * 11/05 POR - Jersey Week - Food & Wine Festival * 12/04 POP & ASMo - MVMCP * 10/02 POFQ & ASMo - DD 4th Birthday & MNSSHP * 5/01 AKL & POR - Flower & Garden Festival * 5/00 ASMo - Flower & Garden Festival * Childhood trips... 7/83 Disneyland * 2/79 POL * 12/75 First Trip - age 6 (off site) Thanks Gramma for the best Christmas gift ever! I'll always remember the magic...*

SnoWhiteRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 06:04 PM   #5
Nohal
DIS Veteran

I bought the Sonicare for DS1 & DDIL cause it was cheaper on BF at Macys $39.99 as opposed to their dentist who wanted $119.99. Thought it was a good idea so was at Walmart and bought for DS2 & DDIL forl 37.99 Talked to DS2 and he didn't want one and that DDIL already had one. So back to Walmart I go to return the 2 I bought there. Waiting in line and the lady behind me says that it was a good thing I was returning them because they won't be making the replacement heads that they use anymore. She said she was a hygentist and the Phillips saleman told her they are coming out with a new model. The model I bought was Essense. I quickly went and bought replacement heads for the other 2 that I bought. I'm hoping that she was misinformed because after they use the replacement heads the unit won't be good anymore.
Nohal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:24 PM   #6
Sadie22
DIS Veteran

I have the Sonicare Flexcare.

There may have been problems with waterpick type devices causing gum damage due to excessive water pressure on a high setting. Use these only with instructions from a dental professional.
Sadie22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:33 PM   #7
catgirl
Mouseketeer

I have an Oral B and a Sonic Care. I think my teeth are cleaner with the Oral B. My husband prefers the Sonic Care, he thinks it's gentler on his gums. So there are two opposite opinions for you, probably not much help... Sorry!
April 2010 POP w/mom & 7yr old niece-Birthday trip
4/21/12 Eastern Caribbean on Fantasy w/DH & DN
11/2/13 ASM w/now 10yr old niece
catgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:44 PM   #8
sommergirl25
Mouseketeer

Sonicare!!! If you can purchase at your dental office they are usually cheaper than buying from a store and will often times have rebate forms.
sommergirl25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:25 PM   #9
ceecee
DIS Veteran

I would go with a Sonicare over an Oral B. Usually you can get them cheaper at drugstore.com or I think Walgreens even have them on sale for $30 sometimes. You don't need the really fancy ones an Essence would be fine. OR you could even try a Crest SpinBrush, we recommend them at lot at our office.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: