Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-01-2012, 10:06 PM   #631
Sadie22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepe of ohio View Post
Hi there, frequent train travelers .. The roomettes is close... No wasted space at all.... 2 seats opposing each other, one seat has the toilet right next to it with the pull down sink above and the other seat has a small storage area next to it... Small table that folds between the 2 seats..... Little cubby above across from upper bunk when the room is set for sleeping....

Drapes cover the inside window and door, most times not that well (Velcro worn or missing ) suggest you pack some clothes pins or Arco clips to aid in securing curtains.... Person in upper bunk has to climb upon the toilet, then onto sink to reach upper bunk, 2 people cannot fit in one bed!!

Each bunk has reading lights, upper bunk has a window for viewing, only entertainment is what you bring with you.... Fairly quiet in sleeper car and with your door slid shut, peaceful.....

Good luck, we've used the sleeper, roomettes , on a few occasions from DC to Kissimmee and back but it gets rather claustrophobic in there for me, especially made up for sleeping , I prefer coach seats now... Tons of room around a pair of coach seats, plus the separate restrooms in each car over the toilet in the roomette, one must step out while the other uses facility, unless the other doesn't care....but to each their own! Have a nice train trip!.
For the roomettes on the AutoTrain, I believe there are steps to the upper bunk, and the toilets are not in the roomettes but down the corridor. You may be thinking of the bedrooms which have a toilet and shower.
Sadie22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 06:33 AM   #632
TandyR
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadie22 View Post
For the roomettes on the AutoTrain, I believe there are steps to the upper bunk, and the toilets are not in the roomettes but down the corridor. You may be thinking of the bedrooms which have a toilet and shower.
For the train going from NYC to Florida roomettes do have toilet and a sink, but no shower. It is the difference between a viewliner and superliner trains. I forget which is which but one has toilets in the roomettes and one doesn't.
4/1982 Fort Wilderness, 3/14 - 3/17/2001 Holiday Inn Family Suites, 3/17/ -3/21/2001, Wilderness Lodge, Became DVC Members June 2001, 4/12 - 4/20/2002 Villas @ Wilderness Lodge, 2/10 - 2/21/2004 Villas @ Wilderness Lodge, 5/13 - 5/16/2005 Coronado Springs Resort for the Danskin Triathlon, 4/14/2006 - 4/21/2006 Villas @ Wilderness Lodge, 4/17/2008 - 4/25/2008 Beach Club Villas, 11/1 - 11/08/2008 Hilton Downtown Disney (I won a raffle for this trip. ), 11/23 - 12/3/2010 Villas @ Wilderness Lodge, 06/29/2012-07/06/2012 Bay Lake Tower, 06/27/2014-07/05/2014 Bay Lake Tower
TandyR is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-02-2012, 09:11 AM   #633
cajunmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunmommy View Post
For those of you familiar with the Albany, NY station, are there any rental car desks inside? If not, any idea which are closest?

We'll be in Cooperstown (DreamsPark) for a week, and I'm wanting to bookend our week with a side trip to NYC and/or Washington, DC. I know we'll need a rental to go between the Albany station & Cooperstown, and would like suggestions.

Also, if anyone has advice for travelling btw Albany & NYC / DC via the rails, share away!!
Guess I should've been clearer...the baseball trip is not until this summer
cajunmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:13 PM   #634
scm200
Mouseketeer

AMTRAK has done a great job getting back up and running. We are scheduled to leave at 815 thursday - - connecting in NYP to the Silver Meteor for Orlando and WALT DISNEY WORLD....We have a roomette and cannot wait to get on the train.
Old 11-05-2012, 10:09 AM   #635
pepe of ohio
DIS Veteran

Location: Hubbard, Ohio, northeast Ohio 7 miles from Pa. border

Quote:
Originally Posted by scm200
AMTRAK has done a great job getting back up and running. We are scheduled to leave at 815 thursday - - connecting in NYP to the Silver Meteor for Orlando and WALT DISNEY WORLD....We have a roomette and cannot wait to get on the train.
Good to hear... We can't wait to board either. (We board at 3am)...getting aboard and seated ( we do coach the first leg) and stretching back, snuggling in our blankets, anticipating the travel to WDW relaxes us as we roll down the tracks... Nothing better than a train trip to WDW....enjoy!!

DIS Dads Club Member
pepe of ohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 10:41 AM   #636
lisa-upnorth
Disney Lover

just booked my roundtrip bedrooms for May vacation to the mouse-

FREE WITH AMTRAK REWARDS POINTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SO HAPPY ABOUT THAT!!!!
Old 11-07-2012, 11:48 AM   #637
DanBoris
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TandyR View Post
For the train going from NYC to Florida roomettes do have toilet and a sink, but no shower. It is the difference between a viewliner and superliner trains. I forget which is which but one has toilets in the roomettes and one doesn't.
Viewliners have toilets in the Roomette, Superliners do not. Viewliners are used on routes that pass through the northeast corridor, Superliners are used pretty much everywhere else including on the Autotrain.
DanBoris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 05:03 PM   #638
NJGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa-upnorth View Post

SO HAPPY ABOUT THAT!!!!
I did the same for May!!!! I like free and I love the bedrooms...so much more room!
NJGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 10:39 PM   #639
lisa-upnorth
Disney Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJGirl View Post
I did the same for May!!!! I like free and I love the bedrooms...so much more room!
we head down May 21st
Old 11-10-2012, 08:04 AM   #640
Pooh2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa-upnorth View Post

SO HAPPY ABOUT THAT!!!!
How many points is it it for a bedroom?
Can you give us some tips on accruing points? Is this through the Amtrak Master Card?
Pooh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 08:08 AM   #641
lisa-upnorth
Disney Lover

Info on the amtrak rewards points is in this thread.
Briefly-the best way to get a large chunk is applying for the credit card(that is how I paid for my trip). Read through and learn from the train lovers
Old 11-11-2012, 08:19 PM   #642
NJGirl
DIS Veteran

We're heading down the beginning of the month.
NJGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:22 PM   #643
lisa-upnorth
Disney Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunmommy View Post
Guess I should've been clearer...the baseball trip is not until this summer
you are traveling my routes! I leave out of Albany every trip. It is small station with a coffee shop and mag/newstand shop. No rental car place BUT sure there is one nearby that would pick you up or you could take a taxi to it.

The trip to DC is a nice one!! Easy ride and Union Station is not to be missed!!!!
Old 12-04-2012, 07:09 PM   #644
LuvEeyore
DIS Veteran

So excited!!

[B Can wat!! We leave in 8 days via Amtrak for our Dec 15 Fantasy Cruise.][/B]Thanks for all the advice and suggestions posted here.
Riverside-12/1995 , off property 10-1994, Carribean Beach 1/1994, off property 1977
url=http://distickers.com/ticker/][/url]
LuvEeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:06 PM   #645
lisa-upnorth
Disney Lover

Talking

be sure to post for us when you get back!!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: