Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-01-2012, 10:53 AM   #76
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Oh man, all your pictures of cake-like desserts are just really making me crave other cake-like desserts. YUM!

Completed Trip Reports:
December 2011 * July/August 2012 * May/June 2013
Old 12-02-2012, 09:24 PM   #77
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Your morning sounds so fun! You got a lot of great ToT pictures. That little girl sounds too cute!

Hahaha, ya think Emily was so star struck from seeing Phineas and Ferb that she forgot her lines?
Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Oh man, all your pictures of cake-like desserts are just really making me crave other cake-like desserts. YUM!
I think she definitely was star struck! Me on the other hand have never seen that show!

The cake desserts must have made me hungry for them too because i got a cakeball from our local cupcake place. Yummy!

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-03-2012, 11:16 AM   #78
MEK
DIS Veteran

I got several updates behind and tried to catch up this morning before work. At work I have a restricted computer and can't see any photobucket pictures. It's so annoying.

So - how was the veggie burger at AoA? I tried one at LTT and it was not all that great. BK's veggie burger was better.

Your food pictures all turned out really well. Everything looks so yummy.

Funny story about the American vs the European diet. I know the European breakfasts include better protein options like cheese and meat. No wonder they only ate fruit which keeps me full for about 2 seconds.

Great pictures in the queue at ToT and your pictures turned out really good - great colors and lighting.

Not bad waits at all for the big three.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 12-03-2012, 09:46 PM   #79
francis6306
DIS Veteran

I'm caught up!!

Looks like you are going to have a GREAT time at your new job! I wish that I could do something fun like TRAVEL for my training somewhere!

I will say that I was pleasantly surprised by all the buses at AoA other than the stupid MK buses! That just never seemed to run "every 20 minutes" like they say. And you are SOOO right about the Deluxe buses!

July '14 Girl's Trip!! PTR

Mar 2014 PTR ~ Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~
'99 Magical Music Days~81-90's Various offsite/onsite trips
Old 12-03-2012, 09:52 PM   #80
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

I'm Gonna Wreck It!

So it was time for our Toy Story Mania fastpass so we headed over to that area. We ran into the Green Army Man! He was standing completely still so I wanted my pic with him.

We stood by him a little bit more and a kid was looking at him and all of a sudden the army man jumped out of his standstill position and scared the kid! It was funny.

Next he beckoned me over to him to take another picture with him. We posed in a salute and I gave Emily my camera. She could not figure out how to zoom. She didn't know you had to turn the barrel. The green arm man just shook his head because it took her so long to figure out how to take a pic. It was funny.

I wanted one with Emily too.

So we rode TSM and I won again! This time I let Corey ride with Emily.

After TSM we headed to go see Wreck it Ralph at the Animation studio. Wreck it Ralph and Art of Animation Studio were my must do's today. When we came in there was someone asking if people wanted to do the animation studio. I decided to pass and see Ralph first and then do the animation studio- MISTAKE!

We get to Ralph and see he wasn't out but families were in line. We decided to wait in line. He was due to come out in about 20 minutes so we decided to stay.

At this point it was opening day for Wreck it Ralph so I didn't see it yet. I wanted to at some point and since he was new here I wanted to see him.

Hidden Mickeys in the carpet.

Corey in line. Awww

I was kind of leery towards this movie and thought it was kind of weird and thought Venelope was creepy looking. Well we saw the movie this weekend and I loved it! It was so cute. I really loved the last half of the movie. The first half I wasn't crazy about, but I liked it. I am so glad we met them!

When we get done meeting him we go to the Animation studio to draw and they are sending in a class and said there was only room for standing. I didn't want to do it if I wasn't going to get the full experience. We decided to skip it this trip. We just didn't have time.

Instead of the drawing studio we went on the Great Movie Ride, which was the longest wait i have ever seen. It was ridiculous!!! Normally you enter through the front and go right into the movie room. We went in some side door and it was a horrible line.

Emily's mom is obsessed with Wizard of Oz so I wanted Emily to see the Wizard of Oz scenes.

Here is just a random assortment of pics. At this point my feet were hurting really really bad. I knew there was something wrong with my feet because a 27 year old's feet should not hurt that bad.

Here is a bunch of pics!

It was actually really hard to take pictures in this ride. I thought it would be easy because there was a lot of light but it was actually quite difficult. I only got a few I liked.

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation
Old 12-03-2012, 10:00 PM   #81
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I got several updates behind and tried to catch up this morning before work. At work I have a restricted computer and can't see any photobucket pictures. It's so annoying.

So - how was the veggie burger at AoA? I tried one at LTT and it was not all that great. BK's veggie burger was better.

Your food pictures all turned out really well. Everything looks so yummy.

Funny story about the American vs the European diet. I know the European breakfasts include better protein options like cheese and meat. No wonder they only ate fruit which keeps me full for about 2 seconds.

Great pictures in the queue at ToT and your pictures turned out really good - great colors and lighting.

Not bad waits at all for the big three.
The veggie burger was pretty good! I loved the chunks of edamame. It was definitely made fresh and I could tell. It was actually pretty good! I think it would have been better at a peak time but it was still good.

I haven't even tried to go on the dis at my new job! I am too scared. I did at my old job though! Haha. Fruit doesn't keep me very full either. Unless its watermelon! I loved my pics too. Especially the inside pictures. I though it would be harder to photograph inside.

Thanks for commenting! I feel like no one is reading anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by francis6306 View Post
I'm caught up!!

Looks like you are going to have a GREAT time at your new job! I wish that I could do something fun like TRAVEL for my training somewhere!

I will say that I was pleasantly surprised by all the buses at AoA other than the stupid MK buses! That just never seemed to run "every 20 minutes" like they say. And you are SOOO right about the Deluxe buses!
Hi! I am so glad you are here!!!

So far I love my new job! I don't feel overwhelmed and I feel like I fit in. Yeah the buses weren't too bad. Sometimes they were but more often they were fine. Boo on deluxe buses too!!

Old 12-03-2012, 10:15 PM   #82
MEK
DIS Veteran

More great pictures inside GMR! They turned out really good. I enjoy seeing that attraction every few trips, although I wish they could get rid of the alien scene. I hate that. Yuck!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 12-04-2012, 07:05 PM   #83
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Oh my gosh, I LOVE Wreck-it Ralph! I've seen the movie more than once hahah, I just love it! I would love to meet them!!!

Completed Trip Reports:
Old 12-04-2012, 09:21 PM   #85
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

One Man's Dream (Happy Bday Walt!)

Since we still have a few minutes to kill until Lights Motors Action at 4:30 we decided to walk around One Man's Dream. I am posting this in honor of Walt's Birthday, which is tomorrow. I wish he got to see more of Walt Disney World. He would be so happy, even with the booze in the MK!

I think we have only walked through this once before and it was a while ago and I probably wasn't a fan like I am now so it was more meaningful.

I decided to use my 50mm lens which made it hard because that lens is "zoomed" all of the time.

Look at Mickey back then! He had human hands and not big mouse gloves!

I really enjoyed looking at Walt's desk!

Here is this cool looking Mickey rocker.

And Dumbo up in the air!

Well hello there Walt! Thanks for buying all of that Florida land!

I love this next picture. I loved how they showed all of the park icons in mini form in the glass cases! This one is just beautiful

And here is the new Fantasyland model. I told Emily we would probably be seeing the new Fantasyland on our MK day.

I wonder what they are going to put here when Fantasyland is opened for good on Thursday.

So we left here and headed to Lights Motors Action for our showtime.

Old 12-05-2012, 01:09 AM   #86
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Wow!! So many wonderful updates! Seems like I've seen those chicken nuggets and the eclair before! Honestly, the buffalo chicken nuggets look so good.

You take such awesome photos - especially from the Great Movie ride. I may have 1 in 12 photos that are halfway decent from that ride but then again, I have not clue how to change a setting on my Nikon camera so what do I expect?

You and Emily look lovely in all your photos. You two are very photogenic.

bummer about your feet hurting... hope it didn't bother you too much for the rest of the trip. I know you had bought new shoes for the trip - which I love the pink by the way! At least you are not silly like me and try to walk around Epcot for 8 hours in flip flops - no bueno!

Happy birthday to Walt! Thanks for the reminder.
Old 12-05-2012, 04:25 AM   #87
MEK
DIS Veteran

I, too, love One Man's Dream! It's such a great exhibit!

Old 12-05-2012, 09:14 AM   #88
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

All caught up! Thanks for giving me the info about the veggie burger - sounds delicious! I'm sorry that you didn't get to do the animation studio - that is one of my favourite things to do when I'm there. Hopefully next time.

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Old 12-05-2012, 03:20 PM   #89
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls

didnt realize you had this going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel09985 View Post
Yeah, definitely couldn't change the baby in the bathroom! That would be a little difficult! Lol! It was right when we got on and the plane was sitting at the gate. You would think she would change him/her before but it must have been an accident. It was kind of funny yet stinky!
saw you guys talking about this, there is usually at least one of these on the plans, they have a shelf/table that folds out of the wall on the side, then goes across and makes a complete closed in area.

i figured a picture would be better to describe it, the baby lays down there, and the adult stands in the open area, think the area that doesnt have the toilet is open the closed off area is above the toilet.

im sure my son loved me taking this picture while the plan is moving around 5 miles up, but he was little so i win.

took me awhile but finally found this picture for you.

Quote:

We finally got to our room (#8837) and it was HOT in there!! I turned the air down but it never did get really cool. You can't turn the thermostat past 68 and even that didn't feel like 68.

Value pillows suck. Luckily I brought my pillow so I slept good.
we had the same issue, we actually called maintenance, and the guy came and said that 68 is the lowest it goes because of trying to be energy smart etc.
he did however move the grates, or the way the air came out, he said most are pointed toward the wall but he turned them into the room and that helped a ton, we didnt have an issue after that.

as far as the pillows i get what you are saying, i find that in alot of hotels now the pillows are really small..here is what you do.

take the pillow out and put it back in the pillow case by turning it 90 degrees, then take another pillow out of the case and do the same thing, you can fit two of those little dinky size pillows in one case and make a giant pillow about 1 and a half times bigger than a normal pillow.

Quote:
They had an artist there signing. His name was Larry Dotson. I was about to buy a print and have him sign it but I decided against it. Some of the prints were absolutely beautiful. Actually they all were..
we have met him personally on our last three trips, each time we buy something and have him sign it, he has signed a first visit one for each kid...and made others out to our family.

we have two shots of the castle christmas and normal fireworks, each of the other parks major icons.

and the walt disney train at the MK station.

you can order right from his website as well and see when he will be there again.

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
Old 12-05-2012, 03:25 PM   #90
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Aww, what a perfect update for Walt's birthday! One Man's Dream is so incredible. Good point though, as of tomorrow, nobody will care nearly as much about that model as they will the real thing!

Completed Trip Reports:

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: