Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-04-2012, 06:44 PM   #10
SaraJayne
Stop moving those smilies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston Tea Party View Post
I was the spouse in grad school. I graduated last summer. I took two courses in the Spring and Fall, and three in the summer. There were many nights where I would come home immediately after work (I was a teacher and would get out at 4:30) get started, eat dinner with one hand and work with the other, go to bed about 2 AM and head back to work with about 3 1/2 or 4 hours of sleep.

I was busy every weekend. Many Saturdays and Sundays I worked all day and into the evening.

But I made it.

My kids at the time I started were 15 and 8. I missed a lot of outings, family movie nights, etc. I couldn't have done it without the support of DH.
I'm worried about DH missing so many of the kids activities. DS will be a junior and senior during those times and as people with older kids know, some activities during senior year are really important to the kids. I worry him being in school will cause a lot of resentment in the kids for all the things he'll miss.

Up to this point, DH has come to everything (programs, sporting events, concerts, etc), so having him miss those will be a big deal. DD is 11 and DS turns 16 in five weeks.

But on the other hand, there has never been a better time for him to go back. Up until now, there was always some obstacle in the way.

The kids are older, much more independent (though busier), our home life is comfortable and settled and the extra money involved in having him in school (books, gas, food, etc) isn't an issue.

Looks like we have some more discussing to do.
SaraJayne is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: