Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-04-2012, 05:24 PM   #9
bookgirl
I don't eat onions-they squelch when you bite into them
I don't eat raisins-they look like dried up bugs
Can we say food issues?

I had no issues or at least none that would make me absolutly refuse this resort in the future, but it's not my favorite.

I sleep hot but did not notice that it was overly warm at night. I did notice that it wasn't 'cold' but it was fine for me. (just to give you an idea I sleep with only a sheet for most of the winter and I sleep in shorts and tshirt, I get hot when sleeping and it wakes me up if I"m too warm). However I did notice it never would set below 68 and I don't think it ever got lower than 70

Was in the Ursula Building 7, 3rd floor on the end near the LK section (could see the parking lot from my corner) overlooking the walkway to the LM pool. The walk was nominal. I'm so not in great shape but I made the walk in less than 5 minutes it was easy, and had nice scenery. Heck I had more trouble navigating the Beach Club hallways then this, and it took longer to get to the buses, food or Epcot and it was no further from Ursula to the FC than it was from the back of Music to the FC, okay maybe a little further but both walks were about the same to me. Really a non issue. Don't worry about the walk unless you are seriously immobile or you have no stroller for your toddlers other than that I don't think you'll have a problem. Saw tons of kids walking it without even a whine.

I had no problem connecting to wifi with my ipad. I used my phone all over the resort (at&t iphone 4s). No real noise to speak of and no extreme noise from the neighbors. I could hear the occasional flush, but I hear the occasional flush in lots of hotels and it was not constant or bothersome.

Food Court was moderatly busy on Saturday night, but lines were managable. They did not have any Ganache Mickeys. I found out I do NOT like curry. The Tandori Chicken was okay but I disliked the seeds in the rice, the red sauce on the roasted califlouer and, the spinach, though the little hunks of cheese were not bad. The naan bread was very good. Tried the vegitarian curry at the F&W festival and am now really sure I do not like indian food so it wasn't the food court it was my taste buds that were the problem. Other choices at the food court looked and smelled good, just wish I had stuck with something I knew I might like instead of trying something new so I had a better idea of the offerings.

Did online checkin and it was fine, my room was ready at 8am, and it was very quick with no wait. Staff was all very friendly.

I did not swim but I will say the pool was almost always active and busy and while not decibel squealing loud it was easy to hear everything going on by the time you got to the end of LK section.

Buses were busy. Always full and slow to pick up from the MK (only park I went to while I was at this resort), but it was a Saturday.

I might stay there again if I needed the suites (which I might next trip) or it was the cheaper of two options and I needed to save money, but I'm just not a fan of over the top icons as decorations so it would not be my first choice (I actually prefer ASMu for a value stay as I was there on this trip as well and after two stays there I think it will probably be my value choice) for a standard room stay.

Last edited by bookgirl; 12-04-2012 at 05:33 PM.
bookgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: