Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-2012, 02:09 PM   #16
RCMommy
DIS Veteran

I remember seeing a news report about a young woman dressed as Tinker Bell was turned away and not allowed in the park. (ruined her whole anniversary trip with her bf, of course!!)

So, I wonder how this guy is getting away with it?

Maybe some weird social experiment ?

2012 Xmas Port Orleans French Quarter ~~ 2012 US/IOA & Legoland ~~ 2011 Port Orleans Riverside ~~ 2009 xmas trip POP ~~ 2008 Xmas trip Polynesian-~~ 2008 Carribean Beach ~~ 2006 Windsor Palms ~~ 2005 All Star Sports ~~2000 offsite ~~~ Numerous other trips since 1977...
RCMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 02:15 PM   #17
t_daniels
They'll NEVER be replaced
Does it make all the boy mooses go BWAH!?

Wouldn't surprise me if lt was a legit cm. It does fit the character, to act all odd like that.

(Yes, I know he's said he's not. Sigh. Wishful thinking.Haha.)
t_daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-04-2012, 02:16 PM   #18
MinnieMO
he touched the butt?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCMommy View Post
I remember seeing a news report about a young woman dressed as Tinker Bell was turned away and not allowed in the park. (ruined her whole anniversary trip with her bf, of course!!)

I'm wondering if this isn't a disney thing ??? I remember awhile back with the new pirates movie JS was out signing autographs could this be something for the ride since he has only been seen at MK and HS both parks with a pirates attraction??? Taking a guess here

Me 24 : 96 off-site
05 POR and 07,10,12,13,14 POP Century
MinnieMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 02:19 PM   #19
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Quote:

The JS I saw clearly explained he could only go around the parks like that if he agreed to Disney's rules. If he didn't, he'd have to walk the plank so to speak.
Mesaboy's DLR Trip Report -- The Quest To See Dumbo Fly

FastPass+ Basic Information, Attraction List, and Suggested Priorities
MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ (courtesy andyman8)
Magic Bands 101 (courtesy MouseMomx2)
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 03:12 PM   #20
shalom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Likely because he's better behaved. The OP and mesaboy2 both report that he made it very clear he wasn't a CM, and that he refused to have pictures taken while in WDW.

He also may not present at the gate in full costume. From what I have heard, people who slip through in "Disney inappropriate" clothes are more likely to be hassled within the park if they are also acting inappropriate. If the gate CMs don't stop them, the CMs inside are less likely to interfere unless they have another reason to.

I don't think it was ever explicitly said, but I have wondered if the girl with Peter Pan was already "playing Tinkerbell" at the gate -- if people were taking pictures with her or she was otherwise causing a fuss before she even got to the gate, obviously Disney isn't going to let her in.
shalom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 03:32 PM   #21
cuchu2005
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieMO View Post
I'm wondering if this isn't a disney thing ??? I remember awhile back with the new pirates movie JS was out signing autographs could this be something for the ride since he has only been seen at MK and HS both parks with a pirates attraction??? Taking a guess here
I may be wrong, but last week someone reported this guy riding the Kilimanjaro Safari in AK.

Edit: I found the thread... http://www.www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=46769478

So, we are only missing an Epcot sighting.

Should be fun to join him Drinking around the World...

Edit 2: re reading the AK thread, appears as he's been spotted in DTD, where pics were taken. So should be fun if some Diser has any to share.

Mx
Jul 1994 - WDW with Mom and Dad and Sister - Feb 1999 - WDW with DW to be - Mar 2000 - WDW with DW to be - Apr 2002 - Disneyland Paris with DW on Honeymoon - Jan 2008 - Discovered the Dis - Feb 2008 - WDW with DW and first DD (2) and on my Bday. - May 2009 - WDW with DW and first DD (3) - Sep 2010 - WDW with DW and DD (4) and DD (9mths) - Feb 2011 - WDW with DW and DD (5) and DD (1) - Nov 2011 - WDW with DW and DD (6) and DD (1) - Feb 2012 - DLR with DW and DD (6) and DD (2) - Feb 2013 - WDW with DW and DD (7) and DD (3)

Last edited by cuchu2005; 12-04-2012 at 03:38 PM.
cuchu2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 03:46 PM   #22
MinnieMO
he touched the butt?!?!

I just find it hard to believe that Disney hasn't stopped this guy if he continues to do this and so many people have spotted him how has a cm not ???

Me 24 : 96 off-site
05 POR and 07,10,12,13,14 POP Century
MinnieMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 04:44 PM   #23
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieMO View Post
I just find it hard to believe that Disney hasn't stopped this guy if he continues to do this and so many people have spotted him how has a cm not ???
You assume that a CM hasn't seen this guy--of course they have. Apparently they don't have a problem with him.
Mesaboy's DLR Trip Report -- The Quest To See Dumbo Fly

FastPass+ Basic Information, Attraction List, and Suggested Priorities
MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ (courtesy andyman8)
Magic Bands 101 (courtesy MouseMomx2)
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:05 PM   #24
cuchu2005
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaboy2 View Post
You assume that a CM hasn't seen this guy--of course they have. Apparently they don't have a problem with him.
Hey, maybe he IS Jack Sparrow. Not a CM in costume, not even Johnny Depp (he is just an actor), but the actual pirate!
Jul 1994 - WDW with Mom and Dad and Sister - Feb 1999 - WDW with DW to be - Mar 2000 - WDW with DW to be - Apr 2002 - Disneyland Paris with DW on Honeymoon - Jan 2008 - Discovered the Dis - Feb 2008 - WDW with DW and first DD (2) and on my Bday. - May 2009 - WDW with DW and first DD (3) - Sep 2010 - WDW with DW and DD (4) and DD (9mths) - Feb 2011 - WDW with DW and DD (5) and DD (1) - Nov 2011 - WDW with DW and DD (6) and DD (1) - Feb 2012 - DLR with DW and DD (6) and DD (2) - Feb 2013 - WDW with DW and DD (7) and DD (3)
cuchu2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:08 PM   #25
Wendimn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuchu2005 View Post
Hey, maybe he IS Jack Sparrow. Not a CM in costume, not even Johnny Depp (he is just an actor), but the actual pirate!
Yessss...this ^^^^^
Wendimn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:19 PM   #26
gemxoxo
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonpan

We saw this guy a few weeks ago at HS. He sat next to my mom on Star Tours. I thought it was odd that Jack Sparrow was on Star Tours. My mom asked him and he replied that he wasn't a cast member. He went on to say that he can't take photos with people, etc.

While it did strike me as a wee bit odd (since it goes against Disney rules for adults dressing up), I must say that he looked JUST LIKE Jack Sparrow.
we saw this guy at probably the same time & ride, he was right in front of my husband and kids in line. I saw him a couple of days later and it struck me as odd, I even searched the board to see if people were talking about it lol!
gemxoxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 06:04 PM   #27
mickeymom629
DIS Veteran

I haven't seen this JS in WDW, but my family was driving around a shopping center here in MD sometime last spring (not even Halloween!) and right in the window of a Starbucks was Jack Sparrow sitting at the bar stool facing out the window!! I made my DH drive around the parking lot again to get another glance (my kids were telling me not to stare! ). I'm like "There's Jack Sparrow!!" I wanted to get out of the car and go into Starbucks and talk to the guy or get an autograph, but NO ONE and I mean NO ONE was even paying attention to this guy!! It was the strangest thing. I just couldn't bring myself to go in to find out what he was doing in MD (I was thinking of all sorts of questions to ask him - mostly, what was he doing away from WDW!!) Maybe he found his way back!

2014 Feb AKV/BLT for PHM!!; 2013 Jan ASM/BWV grand villa!!; 2012 April DL/DCA GCV (spring break); 2010 March Princess Half Marathon POFQ/BWV; 2009 May SSR villa; 2008 June OKW; 2008 March (Spring break) BWV; 2007 Dec. Quality Suites; 2007 July POP/OKW; 2006 April (Spring break) Quality Suites/OKW; 2005 June/July ASSp/OKW; 2005 March - (Spring break) OKW;2004 June/July CBR/OKW; 2003 Dec. BWV; 2003 Jan. Wonder Cruise/HH; 2002 Apr. (Spring break) VWL; 2001 July OKW; 2000 Aug. FW cabin/BWV; 1999 Oct./Nov. ASM/ASSp Became DVC owners!; 1998 Apr./May FW Cabin; 1993 Dec. Travelodge
mickeymom629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:52 PM   #28
lemonpan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaboy2 View Post
What date was this? I rode ST with JS on the evening of 11/17.

I'd post a pic, but he politely wouldn't let me take one. House rules, he said.
It was the evening of 11/16--our last night (and last ride!) while at Disney. We scooted into Star Tours just as it closed.
lemonpan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:50 PM   #29
princesspiglet
DIS Veteran

I so wish I would have seen him on our last trip in October! I LOVE JS but my DH and DD10 did not want to wait in the hot sun for an hour to see him.
princesspiglet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:14 PM   #30
shaynar
Mouseketeer

I stiil have a hard time believing that this isn't a Disney stunt. It would be one thing if this was a one time thing, but he's been seen in 3 parks and DTD.

Disney's no adult in costume policy has nothing to do with behaviour, but rather they don't want people to mistake guests in costume as CM's. (Which is exactly what is happening here.) The fact that this guy seems to avoid pictures and autographs "because they told him to" means, that not only has he spoken to Disney (or their security) but that he has an agreement with them.

But perhaps I'm being naive..... but I wouldn't put it past disney to have a character walk around the parks as a stunt.

Too many than I can remember.....
Latest: 09/2008 Honeymoon @ Poly, 10/2010 First "family trip" @ WL, 01/2012 Bringing Baby #2 @ Kidani, 01/2013 @ BCV/VWL and 1/2014 @ VWL !!!!
shaynar is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: