Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 623 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 11-26-2012, 07:59 PM   #1876
Alysa
DIS Veteran

I LOVE the muffin tin dinners! So clever!
78 & 85: Offsite w. parents, 00: New Years Eve at Port Orleans & Anniversary at BWV, 01: Star Wars Weekend at POR & Christmas at GF & BWV, 04: Baby's first trip AKL, 05: Spring at BCV; 06: Big Family Trip, BCV & Vero-WL homeless trip, 08: Minnie Marathon with my sister, Big family Not so scary halloween party, 10: Star Wars Weekend boys trip & Vero/WL summer holiday, Big Family Christmas, 11: Star Wars weekend, Summer road trip, 13: Halloween without mum

Up next June 2015 Changing my Life
Alysa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:08 AM   #1877
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

We had our Toy Story Movie night a few weekends ago. I had a good time planning this one. DH and I decided to have a little fun with the invitations, so we made them into paper airplanes:

DS6 had colored these pictures MONTHS ago and asked me to save them for when we had a Toy Story movie night:

DD13 used some of "Andy's" artwork that I printed off to create this wall:

I had every intention of borrowing some Potatohead toys from some friends to put on the table. I had even called her to make sure I could pick them up Friday afternoon...but I forgot! So my table decorations are, shall we say lacking? I did the best I could with what I had, and the kids were just fine with it.

There is a little paper Toy Story play set there that I printed off from the Disney Family Fun website, and some little green army men.

The food:

While I was cooking, the kids made "Galactic Hero" playdough:

This stuff turned out great, and they played with it all weekend. We have it in a ziploc bag, so it will keep for a while.

The last activity for the night, which DH "helped" with was a DOOZY! This thing was small and difficult. I didn't ask for any "turn around and smile" shots since everyone was pretty concentrated:

I wanted DH to be in the "finished product" shot since he ended up having to do a great bulk of the work, but he wanted to just let the girls do the picture (DS6 didn't help with this one at all):

And a close-up:

Our movie night was yet another success! We didn't draw for our next movie night theme since it will be December, and December is always packed with Christmas fesitivities and preparations. We do plan to catch quite a few of the ABC Family 25 Days of Christmas movies, and I have a couple snack and drink ideas to go with a few of them. But there will be no dinner menus, activities or full on decorations to do for those. We will pick the Disney movie nights back up at the start of the new year...which is only 3 weeks away, can you believe it!?!?
oopsiDAISY is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-30-2012, 05:37 PM   #1878
PrincessMom4
DVC member-SSR

I love the TSM!!!
ALK-Jambo-August 21-29/11; AKL-Kidani Villas-March 13-17/11;1st DVC trip-Kidani Villas-September 5-11/10; Space Ranger Mission - August 16-22/09;DS4th WDW birthday trip - March14 - 20/09;Pirate adventure-August 26-Sept 2/08;1st family trip-August 23-Sept 1/07
PrincessMom4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 03:42 PM   #1879
CoolSurfPenguin
Earning My Ears

Emperor's New Groove

Any suggestions for Emperor's New Groove? We're doing that for L is for Llama week. We don't like spinach so Kronk's spinach puffs are out of the question...

Also, any Disney movie ideas for any of the following?
N - nut, nest, ?
V - volcano, vulture, vacuum, ?
Y - yak, ?
I'm open to other suggestions, but that's all I could think of since I'm trying to stay away from character names.
CoolSurfPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 05:06 PM   #1880
Alysa
DIS Veteran

"You owe me a new acorn"

You could also recreate the diner scene.
Waitress: Ordering. Three pork combos, extra bacon on the side, two chili cheese samplers, a basket of liver and onion rings, a catch of the day, and a steak cut in the shape of a trout. You got all that, honey?
Kronk: Three oinkers wearing pants, plate of hot air, basket of Grandma's breakfast and change the bull to a gill, got it.

or

Yzma: Make me the special. And hold the gravy!
Kronk: Check. Pickup!
Kuzco: You know what? On second thought, make my omelette a meat pie.
Kronk: Meat pie. Check.
Yzma: Kronk! Can I order the potatoes as a side dish?
Kronk: I'll have to charge you full price.
Yzma: [annoyed] Ooh.
Kuzco: Hey, how about a side of potatoes, my buddy?
Kronk: You got it. Want cheese on those potatoes?
Yzma: Thank you, Kronk. Cheddar will be fine.
Kronk: Cheddar spuds coming up.
Kuzco: Spuds yes, cheese no.
Kronk: Hold the cheese.
Yzma: No, I want the cheese.
Kronk: Cheese it is.
Kuzco: Cheese me no "likee."
Kronk: Cheese out.
Yzma: Cheese in!
Kronk: Ah, come on. Make up your mind!
Kuzco: Okay, okay, on second thought...
Yzma, Kuzco: ...make my potatoes a salad.
78 & 85: Offsite w. parents, 00: New Years Eve at Port Orleans & Anniversary at BWV, 01: Star Wars Weekend at POR & Christmas at GF & BWV, 04: Baby's first trip AKL, 05: Spring at BCV; 06: Big Family Trip, BCV & Vero-WL homeless trip, 08: Minnie Marathon with my sister, Big family Not so scary halloween party, 10: Star Wars Weekend boys trip & Vero/WL summer holiday, Big Family Christmas, 11: Star Wars weekend, Summer road trip, 13: Halloween without mum

Old 12-01-2012, 10:06 PM   #1881
CoolSurfPenguin
Earning My Ears

Emperor's New Groove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alysa View Post
"You owe me a new acorn"

You could also recreate the diner scene.
Waitress: Ordering. Three pork combos, extra bacon on the side, two chili cheese samplers, a basket of liver and onion rings, a catch of the day, and a steak cut in the shape of a trout. You got all that, honey?
Kronk: Three oinkers wearing pants, plate of hot air, basket of Grandma's breakfast and change the bull to a gill, got it.

or

Yzma: Make me the special. And hold the gravy!
Kronk: Check. Pickup!
Kuzco: You know what? On second thought, make my omelette a meat pie.
Kronk: Meat pie. Check.
Yzma: Kronk! Can I order the potatoes as a side dish?
Kronk: I'll have to charge you full price.
Yzma: [annoyed] Ooh.
Kuzco: Hey, how about a side of potatoes, my buddy?
Kronk: You got it. Want cheese on those potatoes?
Yzma: Thank you, Kronk. Cheddar will be fine.
Kronk: Cheddar spuds coming up.
Kuzco: Spuds yes, cheese no.
Kronk: Hold the cheese.
Yzma: No, I want the cheese.
Kronk: Cheese it is.
Kuzco: Cheese me no "likee."
Kronk: Cheese out.
Yzma: Cheese in!
Kronk: Ah, come on. Make up your mind!
Kuzco: Okay, okay, on second thought...
Yzma, Kuzco: ...make my potatoes a salad.
Love the ideas! Thanks a bunch!
Old 12-02-2012, 08:56 AM   #1882
My2Qtz0205
DIS Veteran

This is more for the Dark Side, but since we're going to IoA for one day, we did a How the Grinch Stole Christmas movie night. We had roast beast croissants, Who-berries, and Grinch floats (lime sherbet with Sprite). You could also add Who-pudding, as that is something the Grinch pulls out of the fridge.

My December 2012 Trip Report via my Scrapbook: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post49171745
My Almost a Grand Gathering, 10th Anniversary Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post34138322
My2Qtz0205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:31 PM   #1883
CoolSurfPenguin
Earning My Ears

Elf

Quote:
Originally Posted by My2Qtz0205 View Post
This is more for the Dark Side, but since we're going to IoA for one day, we did a How the Grinch Stole Christmas movie night. We had roast beast croissants, Who-berries, and Grinch floats (lime sherbet with Sprite). You could also add Who-pudding, as that is something the Grinch pulls out of the fridge.
I love it! This is also not-so-Disney, but we just had an Elf movie night on Saturday. We had spaghetti with maple syrup, m&m's, and poptarts. I'm the only one who braved putting everything on the spaghetti though. Hubby & little dudeman just ate their sweet stuff on the side. I'm not gonna lie, it was a little strange at first. I think most of it was psychological though since those are things that shouldn't be on spaghetti. The trick is to not put too much sauce or syrup on and don't get too much since you'll probably want to just eat everything separate anyway. But it's fun to say that you tried Buddy the Elf's version of spaghetti!

We also made cookies & paper snowflakes. Here's some of Buddy's activity suggestions: "First we'll make snow angels for about two hours, then we'll go ice skating, then we'll eat a whole roll of Tollhouse Cookiedough as fast as we can, and then we'll snuggle." "I thought maybe we could make ginger bread houses, and eat cookie dough, and go ice skating, and maybe even hold hands." You could also have a snowball fight like they do in the movie.
Old 12-03-2012, 01:12 PM   #1884
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolSurfPenguin View Post

We also made cookies & paper snowflakes. Here's some of Buddy's activity suggestions: "First we'll make snow angels for about two hours, then we'll go ice skating, then we'll eat a whole roll of Tollhouse Cookiedough as fast as we can, and then we'll snuggle." "I thought maybe we could make ginger bread houses, and eat cookie dough, and go ice skating, and maybe even hold hands." You could also have a snowball fight like they do in the movie.
I'm DYING here... I cannot believe you ate that stuff!! I try to be a fun mom, but I will now step aside and place that #1 Mom crown firmly on your head!!! Way to Go, CoolSurfPenguin!!!!!

Last edited by oopsiDAISY; 12-04-2012 at 04:25 PM.
oopsiDAISY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 02:59 PM   #1885
Alysa
DIS Veteran

Penguin, You are officially my hero!

Old 12-04-2012, 03:37 PM   #1886
CoolSurfPenguin
Earning My Ears

Haha... Thanks guys! My hubby said I must be pregnant to have even wanted to try it like that! It definitely doesn't compare to normal spaghetti, but it's really not that bad once you get over the fact that it is COMPLETELY different than spaghetti. I thought it would be a lot worse and that I would be gagging the whole time or throwing it up, but I survived.
Old 12-14-2012, 05:56 PM   #1887
CoolSurfPenguin
Earning My Ears

The Jungle Book

J is for Jungle - The Jungle Book: http://lifeisfantasmic.blogspot.com/...ngle-book.html

While watching The Jungle Book we ate mango, sticky rice, dragonfruit, jungle animal crackers, banana, banana candies, & gummy 'snakes'. I thought about getting prickly pear, but I couldn't find any prickly pear out here right now.
Old 12-14-2012, 11:35 PM   #1888
CoolSurfPenguin
Earning My Ears

The Lion King

K is for King - The Lion King: http://lifeisfantasmic.blogspot.com/...lion-king.html

While watching The Lion King we ate wildebeest meat (chicken), a lion sandwich, asante sana squashed bananas, gummy worm grubs, pride rocks (I just used melted white chocolate chips & crushed oreos), & a zebra striped boston creme roll (I couldn't find any actual zebra cakes).
Old 12-14-2012, 11:39 PM   #1889
CoolSurfPenguin
Earning My Ears

The Emperor's New Groove

L is for Llama - The Emperor's New Groove: http://lifeisfantasmic.blogspot.com/...ew-groove.html

We ate Kuzco's potatoes, llama bread & breaded chicken, Yzma's cheesy potatoes, bacon, salad, Kronk's creme puffs (since we don't like spinach), & acorns.

Thanks for all the great suggestions!
Old 12-20-2012, 08:40 PM   #1890
scrapbookmommy
Mouseketeer

I'm amazed every time I come back to this thread. Such wonderful ideas! I would love to find more Brave ideas. We plan to start back our Disney nights with Brave after the holidays are over.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: