Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-17-2012, 12:56 PM   #1
Tinkerbell1989
DIS Veteran

Finally got my own way - TR - 10.10.12

Wednesday 10th October

We woke pretty early for an 8m reservation at the Polynesian. Tom drove there and we were checked in, and given our leis almost immediately!

We were sat down and given a glass of Jamba juice (yum!), tea, coffee, breads and some really fresh fruit... which was delicious!

Next came our hot food – Mickey waffles, breakfast scones, potato wedges, bacon, sausage and scrambled eggs. We had the whole thing refilled, but it was so good! Then, the characters made their rounds. Pluto was so playful and tried to pull up a chair to join us!

Our server was so lovely – and even offered me a glass of juice to go. Which I graciously accepted!

We took a stroll around the beautiful lobby of the Polynesian hotel, where I expressed how much I loved it, and would love to stay. A lovely man saw we were trying to take our own photo and offered to take it for us... and then said “On your honeymoon?” Tom and I both laughed and said no!

So, after breakfast, we took a drive to Walmart for some provisions – cereal, milk, drink, crisps and sweets (M&Ms... yumm!) We got back to Coronado Springs to relax for an hour or so and taking another walk to El Centro.

As comfortable as those hammocks look, they are a pain to get into and very uncomfortable once there! Cue very embarrassing video of me trying to get in a hammock! Watch this space!

We caught the bus to Epcot for the rest of the day. We had a couple of Photopass pictures before trying to find the Leave A Legacy of my brother, sister and I from 2003. We couldn’t, so I text my Mum for the location code to try and find another time!

Spaceship Earth... I love a dark ride, but I wish my camera would take good pictures without a flash! However, the commentary is still amazing, and the Your Future video is brilliant fun!

We then followed the signs to Innoventions East. In 2010 we only did Innoventions West, so it was good to do the other side!

First, we noticed Stormstruck was about to start, so we got in line. It was actually really interesting. We watched a film of a house in a storm and then had to, as a group, redesign it so it would withstand a storm. Next was Sum of all Thrills. We designed our own rollercoaster, and then rode it in a giant robotic arm! A very weird experience, but pretty cool!

Finally, we toured the Vision House, which was full of energy saving gadgets!
We left Innoventions and went over to Mission Space (the green one) which had hardly any wait. It was very cool... but Tom was determined to try the orange one before the holiday was out! I was not so sure.

We also had to send some postcards home – one to each set of parents!

Continued...

2013's Big Celebration Christmas Trip 'Finally got my own way!'...October 2012 TR Playing 'I Spy' in Disney... December 2010 TR Our Youtube Channel

DLRP August 2004 DLRP June 2008

WDW October 2000 WDW April 2003 WDW December 2006 WDW December 2010 WDW CSR October 2012 WDW December 2013
Tinkerbell1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 01:24 PM   #2
Tinkerbell1989
DIS Veteran

It was about 4pm at this point, and I was starting to feel a bit hungry, so we wandered around to World Showcase and sampled a couple of treats from the Food and Wine Festival.

Jerk chicken drumstick

Shrimp on the Barbie

We continued our walk around and was asked to take a photo for a group of people in their traditional ‘sombrero picture’. Then they made us start our own tradition!

We jumped on the Gran Fiesta Tour, which is still very cute – but I love how different it is to other rides, which the screens and the scenes!

Tom thought we deserved a drink, so what else but... frozen fiesta margaritas!

They really hit the spot, as it was getting quite hot! We continued to walk round a bit further again, just taking in the sights. We reached America and people were sat in the theatre. So, without knowing what we were letting ourselves in for, we sat down ready for Eat to the Beat.

I’d heard of BoyzIIMen, but I wasn’t sure what they sang or who they were! But we were happy to be there, so we watched! The crowd loved them, and to be fair, they were amazing! And I recognised a couple of songs!

After this brilliant and impromptu (for us) concert, we went to Japan so I could get my long overdue birthday present! Tom bought me a necklace 4 years ago, and it’s broken so many times, that I no longer have insurance on it. So, for my birthday this year, I was bought a new chain, with a choice of pendants... Pick-A-Pearl won!

I stood next to 2 women who had done this 8 times in the last 5 days! I could only afford to do it once! It is quite expensive (I think anyway) but for a one time treat, and considering how different an experience it is, it was worth it!

How beautiful is this place?! We didn’t wonder too far from Japan as we had a dinner reservation for Teppan Edo. We were seated almost immediately and ended up sitting with a family of 6 from Colorado.

I ordered the shrimp, and Tom ordered the steak and shrimp. Our chef was called Tomo, and he put on a fab show, and the food was delicious! I didn’t take any pictures of the food, because I was so engrossed by what was going on! Sorry!

2013's Big Celebration Christmas Trip 'Finally got my own way!'...October 2012 TR Playing 'I Spy' in Disney... December 2010 TR Our Youtube Channel

WDW October 2000 WDW April 2003 WDW December 2006 WDW December 2010 WDW CSR October 2012 WDW December 2013
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-17-2012, 01:38 PM   #3
Tinkerbell1989
DIS Veteran

Tomo was a crazy chef, and made the famous volcano, a sesame street, a hidden mickey, found Nemo in a shrimp!

However, I did have to have special ‘kid’ chopsticks, as I can’t use normal chopsticks! I am still a child really!
After our dinner, we stood on the balcony of Teppan Edo to watch Illuminations, and Tom picked up some drinks from Morocco. I had a Mimosa!

We also got chatting to a couple from North Carolina, which was lovely. I forget how friendly everyone is in Disney! The fireworks were beautiful as always, and to watch from somewhere different was great!

The park closed after the fireworks, but we had Extra Magic Hours, so we (along with everyone else) went to Soarin’. However, we weren’t prepared to wait 75 minutes, so we went on Living with the Land. The last time I went on this it was boring (I was 15 though...), but maybe because I’ve grown up a little, it was actually quite interesting.

We decided to risk it and joined the queue for Soarin’. We only waited 25 minutes in the end. I always forget which row to ask for, so when we sat in 1B, I was pleasantly surprised that we had prime seats! Brilliant!

We slowly head out to the bus stop and waited a bare 5 minutes for a bus!
What an amazing day!

Next – Florida Mall, and Blizzard Beach!

Old 11-19-2012, 12:51 PM   #4
tinks_1989
need a like button

Great day. We had Tomo on our first visit to Teppan Edo. We loved him he is the best we have had.

I love your updates can't wait for more xxx
tinks_1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 05:26 AM   #5
Tinkerbell1989
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinks_1989
Great day. We had Tomo on our first visit to Teppan Edo. We loved him he is the best we have had.

I love your updates can't wait for more xxx
He was so funny... he introduced himself as Tomo from Jacksonville, Florida! The food was nice but if we were to go back it would be because of the 'show'!

Just looking for Blizzard Beach photos which are on the waterproof camera before doing the next day! Xx

Old 11-24-2012, 05:54 AM   #6
tinks_1989
need a like button

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbell1989

He was so funny... he introduced himself as Tomo from Jacksonville, Florida! The food was nice but if we were to go back it would be because of the 'show'!

Just looking for Blizzard Beach photos which are on the waterproof camera before doing the next day! Xx
Ha ha yeah he did to us too lol we have been twice an both times it was amazing but have heard a lot of people recently say the show was better then the food. They have a restaurant in Bristol like this don't know if it would be as good though.

Can't wait for the next day. X
tinks_1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:24 AM   #7
Chilly
I was having a bit of a blonde moment
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

I agree the "show" is better than the food. Its nice to sit with other people for a change as well.
Chilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 03:13 PM   #8
Tinkerbell1989
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilly View Post
I agree the "show" is better than the food. Its nice to sit with other people for a change as well.
You're right Claire, it was lovely to sit with another family (not that I don't like sitting with Tom!), and like I said, everyone is so friendly in Disney, and so you don't get weird looks if you strike up a conversation about where you're staying, or where you're from!

Old 12-28-2012, 01:26 PM   #9
Nubbedy
I was born without a 'Hidden-Mickey-spotting' gene
ºoº

Great day. You seem to have fitted a lot in but had a really relaxed day too!

Sara My Disbuddy is kristieuk
Disney World - July 2006 (ASMo), Aug 2007 (ASMo), Apr 2008 (Pop), Aug 2009 (POFQ), Aug 2010 (POFQ), Oct 2011 (POFQ) Aug 2012 (POFQ) Aug 2013 (POFQ)
Disneyland Paris - Jan 2007 (NY), Oct 2008 (Ch), Feb 2010 (Ch), Feb 2011 (Ch), Aug 2011 (SL)
Feb 2012 (Ch) Dec 2012 (Ch) Feb 2013 (Ch) Feb 2014 (Ch)
Nubbedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 04:30 PM   #10
Tinkerbell1989
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nubbedy
Great day. You seem to have fitted a lot in but had a really relaxed day too!
We did, but we didn't feel rushed either! X

Old 02-13-2013, 02:32 AM   #11
jockey
Repeat after me....I LOVE CROC's, I LOVE CROC's, I LOVE CROC's!!!!!!

What a great day...The Ohana breakfast looks fab...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: