Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-03-2012, 08:13 PM   #1
LoveDisneyinToronto
Earning My Ears

Gluten-Free on the Dream?

Hello,

I will be cruising for the first time ever! I will be on the Dream in November of next year. I have Celiac disease, and I know WDW is awesome at having gluten-free food (I go every year). But I read mixed reviews on gluten-free options on the Dream. I am not fussy (I can eat an omelet for breakfast and can do without gluten-free breads). But I read the restaurants and waiters don't really get gluten-free. I did say I was Celiac when I booked and they said it is noted.

Has anybody experienced first hand gluten-free food on the Dream? Was it a mixed bag? I am thinking of bringing some extra gluten-free snacks from whole foods if it's not that great (and can I do that?)

Thanks in advance!
LoveDisneyinToronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:44 PM   #2
4redheads
Earning My Ears

I have only had great experiences. Must be patient at times but their gf stuff is great! Never hungry. My best memory is going to the grill late the night before the end as they were closing. I asked do they have anything for me, and they had allergy free cookies! Very yummy and not something I get at home since they are about $3 a cookie. My magical moment.
4redheads is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-03-2012, 09:41 PM   #3
Kimbo71
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveDisneyinToronto View Post
Hello,

I will be cruising for the first time ever! I will be on the Dream in November of next year. I have Celiac disease, and I know WDW is awesome at having gluten-free food (I go every year). But I read mixed reviews on gluten-free options on the Dream. I am not fussy (I can eat an omelet for breakfast and can do without gluten-free breads). But I read the restaurants and waiters don't really get gluten-free. I did say I was Celiac when I booked and they said it is noted.

Has anybody experienced first hand gluten-free food on the Dream? Was it a mixed bag? I am thinking of bringing some extra gluten-free snacks from whole foods if it's not that great (and can I do that?)

Thanks in advance!
My sister & family have a celiac son, who HAS been on the Wonder & they said they always had food for him & the service was excellent.

We are going on our first cruise since *I* was diagnosed w/ celiac. I have no concerns, & I am not even taking any extra food. I figure w/ all the fresh fruits & veggies, & the fact that my celiac is noted, I'll be great!

Kimbo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:23 PM   #4
cgolf
Mouseketeer

I was on the dream last jan and had no issues. Long as it is noted on your res, which you said it is, it won't be a problem. Always make sure to ask for a chef to walk you through the buffets, because they point out everything that will be safe. I am always surprised by how much is gluten free. Enjoy your trip!
Fantasy 1/13, 1/14
cgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:29 PM   #5
LoveDisneyinToronto
Earning My Ears

Thanks! I guess the reports I read were from early sailings when the ship was brand new. I am glad to read everything is ok. And I am used to wait for my food at WDW so that's not a problem

Thanks a lot for your answers, cgolf, 4redheads and Kimbo71! Truly appreciate the help and feedback!
LoveDisneyinToronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:42 AM   #6
mmsmom
Mouseketeer

We sailed in January and they had gluten free rolls for our daughter waiting at our table at dinner. The first dinner you'll have to wait a bit but they can fix most any menu item gf. Also they have you order the next day's meals from the menu after supper so you won't have to wait after that! The pizza place by the pool will prepare gf pizza for you as well! Just let them know what you want and they'll bake it for you. At Castaway Cay they will deliver food to you at Cookies from the ship, again ordering the night before. Enjoy eating worry-free!
Old 12-04-2012, 07:00 AM   #7
Kimbo71
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmsmom View Post
The pizza place by the pool will prepare gf pizza for you as well! Just let them know what you want and they'll bake it for you. At Castaway Cay they will deliver food to you at Cookies from the ship, again ordering the night before. Enjoy eating worry-free!
Wow! That's cool! I never thought I would be able to eat that pizza by the pool again!

Old 12-04-2012, 12:00 PM   #8
mcgrawfan
Peace Love Mickey Mouse

We had an amazing GF experience on the Magic. Our servers and head dining room server were very accommodating! We even got creme brulee every night!
Old 12-04-2012, 01:36 PM   #9
Kimbo71
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgrawfan View Post
We even got creme brulee every night!
Yumm! Can't wait!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: