Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-03-2012, 08:23 AM   #76
Pixie Princess
DIS Veteran

Location: With Cinderella's mice making a new dress for Belle

I want the Simba pillow pet. Soo cute! DD has a "standard" pillow pet that is a dolphin. His name is Azul. That thing is so darn soft. She had it while we were at Disney, and when we were at AoA Mousekeeping set it up on the bed one day like it was diving out of the clam shell headboard.

We never got to try the pool at SSR (or AoA for that matter). I'm trying to decide if I like that fact that the slide and the swimming pool are separate areas. I can see benefits and negatives on both sides. We did go to Artist's Palette the day we arrived. DD loved the easels and crayons. Although she was disappointed when I broke the news to her that Artist's Palette was not the buffet at Coronado Springs. She just heard "Springs" in the name of the resort and thought it was the same one we stayed at in Sept.
Old 12-03-2012, 11:17 AM   #77
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
That lady pillow is so cute. Do they have an Eeyore?

I do remember seeing an Eeyore one !!

I have to agree that the studio size seems small. In fact, so does the bedroom area of the one and 2 BR. Have you stayed in an OKW studio? We stayed in one last December (3 of us) and it was so nicely sized. It worked out great for DH, me, and my younger son.

Yes, we have stayed in the studio at OKW for 4 nights once and we were fine.

I'm not sure how anyone can swim when it's 60 degrees out, but more power to her. Hot tub - yes please! Pool - No way!
She swam that one night and didn't go back again. She said the water was warm, but outside was too cold when you are wet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixie Princess View Post
I want the Simba pillow pet. Soo cute! DD has a "standard" pillow pet that is a dolphin. His name is Azul. That thing is so darn soft. She had it while we were at Disney, and when we were at AoA Mousekeeping set it up on the bed one day like it was diving out of the clam shell headboard.

Isn't that cool ...... ahhhh Disney

We never got to try the pool at SSR (or AoA for that matter). I'm trying to decide if I like that fact that the slide and the swimming pool are separate areas. I can see benefits and negatives on both sides. We did go to Artist's Palette the day we arrived. DD loved the easels and crayons. Although she was disappointed when I broke the news to her that Artist's Palette was not the buffet at Coronado Springs. She just heard "Springs" in the name of the resort and thought it was the same one we stayed at in Sept.
Slide and swimming pool separate for AOA ?? Because at SSR, both feature pools have a slide that goes into the main pool.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-03-2012, 01:35 PM   #78
Pixie Princess
DIS Veteran

Location: With Cinderella's mice making a new dress for Belle

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
[COLOR="DarkRed"]
Slide and swimming pool separate for AOA ?? Because at SSR, both feature pools have a slide that goes into the main pool.
Oh so there are two feature pools at SSR? Granted, we did not really check it out too much, but when I was walking around, lost at night, it seemed like there was a big pool that you could access by walking out of the main check in building, and then there was a separate pool that had the big water tower slide thing nearby but not connected. I probably just didn't get how the layout worked as it was night.

AOA, like other Values, doesn't have a slide. They really should have put one at the Big Blue Pool if they are going to call the place a Value Plus. Just my humble opinion.
Old 12-03-2012, 03:37 PM   #79
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixie Princess View Post
Oh so there are two feature pools at SSR? Granted, we did not really check it out too much, but when I was walking around, lost at night, it seemed like there was a big pool that you could access by walking out of the main check in building, and then there was a separate pool that had the big water tower slide thing nearby but not connected. I probably just didn't get how the layout worked as it was night.

AOA, like other Values, doesn't have a slide. They really should have put one at the Big Blue Pool if they are going to call the place a Value Plus. Just my humble opinion.
Yes, they have two feature pools and each have a really nice water slide. We really like the pools at SSR.
Old 12-03-2012, 03:39 PM   #80
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Thanksgiving, Thursday, November 22, 2012

Day 2 – Part 1

We woke up around 7 AM and I scootered over to the front desk to check out of our studio and check back into a 1 bedroom. And the guy at the front desk, tried really hard, but could not find one that was ready. So we had to pack all of our stuff back into the car.

We had breakfast with the princesses in Norway on this morning so we headed to Epcot. We got there at rope drop and the place was already packed.

We stood in line and they opened the gates. DH ran to get us fast passes to Soarin’. We had a little time before our reservation, so we rode Figment.

We were the only ones in there since everyone else was getting fast passes for Soarin’, so I took the liberty of taking tons of photos on the ride.

That is DH and DS up ahead of us. We had the ride all to ourselves.

Hidden Mickey straight ahead.

We checked out the gift shop.

Old 12-03-2012, 06:06 PM   #81
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

The Artist's Palette looks really cute, those chicken nuggets look yummy!

I love the Lady pillow pet! I debated getting an Eeyore one when I was just there, but I didn't...maybe I will in February! They are super cute!

Wow, I can't imagine being in Epcot on Thanksgiving, that must be amazing! I really need to eat at Akershus someday, so I can get into Epcot early!

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 12-03-2012, 07:43 PM   #82
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Yay Figment!!!! One of my favorite "awww" moments was one day being in Epcot for rope drop, and while, yes, I was going with the crowd to Soarin, there was a little boy and (I'm going to guess) his dad, and they were SO EXCITED to go to Figment. It was awesome.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:35 PM   #83
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
The Artist's Palette looks really cute, those chicken nuggets look yummy!

I love the Lady pillow pet! I debated getting an Eeyore one when I was just there, but I didn't...maybe I will in February! They are super cute!

Wow, I can't imagine being in Epcot on Thanksgiving, that must be amazing! I really need to eat Akershus someday, so I can get into Epcot early!
It is a really cute place. They have some really neat light fixtures in there.

You should get him !! They really are very cute and super soft !!

Being in Epcot for Thanksgiving was really amazing. We really enjoyed our day there. It was really crowdd though. DH did the Segway tour on this trip and he said it was awesome riding it through the empty World Showcase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Yay Figment!!!! One of my favorite "awww" moments was one day being in Epcot for rope drop, and while, yes, I was going with the crowd to Soarin, there was a little boy and (I'm going to guess) his dad, and they were SO EXCITED to go to Figment. It was awesome.
We love Figment !! It is a must do every time we go. Love it. DD knows all of the spots where the smells and noise happen.
Old 12-03-2012, 10:18 PM   #84
MEK
DIS Veteran

Figment has a purple Christmas tree? Not sure what I was expecting!

I now officially need an Eeyore pillow!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 12-04-2012, 06:11 AM   #85
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Figment has a purple Christmas tree? Not sure what I was expecting!

I now officially need an Eeyore pillow!
He does have a purple Christmas tree !! My sister would love it since purple is her favorite color.

Of course you do !! Maybe if you ask Santa ??
Old 12-04-2012, 06:27 AM   #86
tazdev3225
I sucked my thumb up with the vacuum
I fell up a mountain skiing and sprained both my ankles

Figment is a must do every vacation. It was my son's favorite ride as a child and it brings back happy memories of my little boy not the grown man that he is now. I would love to get on it with no other riders. I'd break the rules and use flash in a few spots.
Old 12-04-2012, 07:20 AM   #87
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdev3225 View Post
Figment is a must do every vacation. It was my son's favorite ride as a child and it brings back happy memories of my little boy not the grown man that he is now. I would love to get on it with no other riders. I'd break the rules and use flash in a few spots.
This is what we did. I used flash !! No one was there to care. I only got a few decent photos though. It is hard to photograph with a point and shoot.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:01 AM   #88
tazdev3225
I sucked my thumb up with the vacuum
I fell up a mountain skiing and sprained both my ankles

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
This is what we did. I used flash !! No one was there to care. I only got a few decent photos though. It is hard to photograph with a point and shoot.
I agree. I am taking my DSLR's next trip. I'll have my DH to help carry the bag around. Even they can be difficult to capture a good picture at times.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:28 AM   #89
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Love the hats on the kids.

someone else showing the love for Figment! I pray it really isn't going away as rumor has it.

Can't wait to hear about your breakfast (we've only done lunch there).
Old 12-04-2012, 12:23 PM   #90
LifeIsDis
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."

I haven't been on Figment in years because Mum can't stand him. I try to drag her on, but that doesn't work out so well...

I can't wait to hearwell readabout your ADR!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: