Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-04-2012, 12:07 PM   #11
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristiMc View Post
Miniland is so cool. I think I could spend hours looking in that area.
Me too! I was completely fascinated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curiouser&curiouser! View Post
Legoland looks like it would go over big with my DH and DS! I guess we will have no choice but to go someday. I wonder if the one in FL is similar.
I do believe it is - I haven't done a ton of research on the FL one, but from what I have glanced at, it is. There are often coupons for that one too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedby3 View Post
Lots of great pictures! That Mini Land is amazing! Are those little legos glued down? It looks like if a wind came through that all the little people "walking" around would fall over.
Love the World of Color pictures too! I so really want to experience that in my lifetime
Yes, I believe they are glued down, perhaps even nailed down somehow? It's amazing how much detail and work goes into it all!

World of Color is FANTASTIC. I would love to see some sort of version of it at WDW too (there have been rumors, but we'll see!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelilspark View Post
I love the bathroom sign

Geoff was looking over my shoulder when I was on the Star Wars pictures. He said, "did someone recreate Hoth in their backyard?!" No. Not quite.

And I can confirm that the Fairfield is a good choice!
I know, isn't that hilarious?! I thought it was so cute.

That's so funny about Geoff!!!!! Was he ready to buy a ticket to visit that person's backyard???!

I think we will try the Fairfield next time, if we don't get a great deal on a Disney hotel/have DVC points. I love the location!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggrbaby View Post
Great pics! I can confirm that the Hojos is a great place to stay!
I want to stay there too! LOL I need many trips to Disneyland...! When Henry is a bit older and into the water parks, we will have to try it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
Wow, Lego Land looks like a lot of fun! All those displays are amazing.

Fairfield Inn, that sounds familiar...I think that might be where we stayed the two times we went. It was so easy to get to the parks (but really, there are a ton of "offsite" places that are so close to DLR).

Cool pictures of World of Color.
The Fairfield is basically right across the street from Disneyland, so I wouldn't doubt it! It's one of the closest. Are you guys planning a return trip anytime?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggerrn2 View Post
Awesome day!! You finally got around to the areas I remember. The red-orange dragon ride!!!! My DH and DD did that ride. DS was too short by an inch and they stick to their guns on height restrictions as well as Disney. I was, of course, sitting in a wheelchair with my ankle in a boot doing nothing. That dragon ride has different level of torture (oh, I mean speed). DH did the gentle cycle with DD but I know he wanted to go all out. I was watching some other adults and they really got whipped around pretty good.

Mimi's was great for breakfast. We headed there when we stayed at the HoJos in 2008. We have a Mimi's not far from our house. Love the Cobb Salad! It is my go-to each time I go there.

And I can totally attest to the Howard Johnson's being a great place to stay for those who don't want to spend the $$$ to stay on property. It's a short walk and we had a wonderful, clean room. They were redoing the pool area the year we were there (for the splash/water park) so we only could use the quiet pool, but even that was really nice.

You guys had quite the long day at Legoland. Henry did really well hanging in there all day waiting to shop!! It helps to have the places the kids can build and play to break up the day a bit.
I didn't know that about the Dragon ride! How fun!! If/when we go back, I'll have to try it.

Another vote for the HOJO! Glad to hear it!! I'd like to try a few of the offsite resorts someday.

Henry did do really well with everything - he was begging ALL DAY LONG, but overall was good! He forgot about the shopping for bits and pieces and I was grateful for the play zones that helped him feed his need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Holy Mega Updates. I have decided not to even try to read until I can see pictures. In fact, I wasn't even going to look until I could see pictures because its such a tease. Can't wait!
Lots of pictures in this one! Come back soon!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
brookelizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: