Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-03-2012, 12:01 PM   #1
manxtatt2
stumbles into room , looks around
they havent stopped talking about it since

Royal Baby

Kate expecting baby - breaking news

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-20586343
Old 12-03-2012, 12:10 PM   #2
jen_uk
Eurovision Nut !!

Awww lovely news

My dis buddy is Carolfoy
jen_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-03-2012, 12:10 PM   #3
Trish.Glenn
Mouseketeer

Good luck to Kate and the baby!
2001 - Disney Cruise (Eastern)
2003 - Disney Cruise (Western)
2006 - Off property
2008 - Off property
2009 - Off property
2011 - Coronado
2012 - Pop
Trish.Glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 03:04 PM   #4
mandymouse
If It's Not A Bahama Mama Then I'm Not Interested
Can I put my Christmas Tree up yet ?

DISboards Moderator

That's great news

mandymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 03:29 PM   #5
Wills Mom
DIS Veteran

Delighted for them both - nothing beats becoming a parent I see she is in hospital with Hyperemesis. After suffering with it myself during my pregnancy I genuinely hope she is ok, it can be very draining and make you totally miserable! I'd like to see someone in her position speak out about the condition and educate people about it!

Wills First Adventure TR May 2013

Wills Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 03:40 PM   #6
queendisney
DIS Veteran

Happy for them both BUT its going to drive me potty for the next X amt of months with the press coverage...

Will it be a boy
will it be a girl
will it be twins
will it be called Diana if its a girl
the odds on other names, with the going back in history to what they may call the baby
Doesn't Kate look good
Doesn't Kate look awful
The low down on EVERYTHING she is wearing throughout the pregnancy...

Lordy...here we go

Walt Disney World resort 18 times, off resort 2 times. Disneyland Paris approx. 20 times. Disneyland California.
queendisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:10 PM   #7
wideeyes
Won't use fake tan, wants to stay pale & interesting
Does not do sea food

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wills Mom
Delighted for them both - nothing beats becoming a parent I see she is in hospital with Hyperemesis. After suffering with it myself during my pregnancy I genuinely hope she is ok, it can be very draining and make you totally miserable! I'd like to see someone in her position speak out about the condition and educate people about it!
I've had it twice and it is an awful illness. Not many people understand it though and call it morning sickness.
wideeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 05:03 PM   #8
Tink1987
DIS Veteran

Being an absolute royalist, I am over the moon for them!
April 2005 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe | June 2006 - Lanzarote | June 2007 - Cyprus | March 2008 - New York | November 2008 - Mexico | June 2009 - Cuba | December 2009 - Orlando - International Drive | April 2010 - Marrakech | August 2011 - Bruges | March 2012 - Paris and Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge | June 2012 - Norway Fjords on the P&O Azura | August 2012 - Amsterdam | September 2012 - Berlin and Budapest | May 2013 - Eastbound Transatlantic on the Disney Magic | August 2013 - Ghent, Antwerp and Bruges | January 2014 - Road Trip from Las Vegas to Los Angeles | May 2014 - Disneyland Paris | September 2014 - Orlando - WDW's Saratoga Springs | December 2014 - Bruges | April 2015 - Japan

http://www.flickr.com/photos/markcollettephotos/
Tink1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 05:38 PM   #9
Wills Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wideeyes

I've had it twice and it is an awful illness. Not many people understand it though and call it morning sickness.
Ooh twice! Thats kinda whats scaring me off having another lol! Labour was a breeze though in comparison, so so so easy! 8 hours of pain compared to 9 months of misery! There's no contest as to which I would choose to re-live. And having it called morning sickness just really annoys me - of all the coverage her pregnancy gets in the press I really hope that some people will focus on this. Its definitely more important than what she wears!!

Old 12-03-2012, 05:58 PM   #10
pascalstongue
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by queendisney
Happy for them both BUT its going to drive me potty for the next X amt of months with the press coverage...

Will it be a boy
will it be a girl
will it be twins
will it be called Diana if its a girl
the odds on other names, with the going back in history to what they may call the baby
Doesn't Kate look good
Doesn't Kate look awful
The low down on EVERYTHING she is wearing throughout the pregnancy...

Lordy...here we go
Me too. She isn't even 12 weeks yet so we have many months ahead of speculation about everything. I am very happy for them though.

pascalstongue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:25 AM   #11
wideeyes
Won't use fake tan, wants to stay pale & interesting
Does not do sea food

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wills Mom

Ooh twice! Thats kinda whats scaring me off having another lol! Labour was a breeze though in comparison, so so so easy! 8 hours of pain compared to 9 months of misery! There's no contest as to which I would choose to re-live. And having it called morning sickness just really annoys me - of all the coverage her pregnancy gets in the press I really hope that some people will focus on this. Its definitely more important than what she wears!!
Mine are 10 years apart. My baby girl is 5 months so it is still fresh in my mind. I was in hospital 18 times with it. I agree that while i feel sorry that she has it that i hope ithe illness is becomes more understood.
wideeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:23 AM   #12
Wills Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wideeyes

Mine are 10 years apart. My baby girl is 5 months so it is still fresh in my mind. I was in hospital 18 times with it. I agree that while i feel sorry that she has it that i hope ithe illness is becomes more understood.
Woah 18 times!! I don't think I would have survived that! I was in 3 times for 24 hours on an IV and on 2 other occasions I was kept in for 5 days on an IV. It lasted 20 weeks and after it had gone I was left a size 6-8 and 21lbs lighter and it left behind lots of other problens that lead to hospital stays! It made carrying my son so hard - my sister still says I looked like Bella in Breaking Dawn part 1! Skin and bone and bump, all pale with black marks under my eyes. And I had such low blood pressure I couldn't be left alone cause I kept fainting - added to that I went into early labour on New Years Eve and was on bed rest for the last 10 weeks of my pregnancy its safe to say hyperemesis made pregnancy the most miserable time of my life! My son is worth every second though I just wish people knew about this condition - I went to my GP at 8 weeks pregnant and he told me it was normal and that I had to deal with it - a week later I fainted for the first time and ended up in hospital where they gave out to me for not being seen sooner as I could have harmed my child!!! If my GP had taken me more seriously it might not have came to that!!

Old 12-04-2012, 12:48 PM   #13
startrekkie
Mouseketeer

as I am a royalist too congratulations to Kate and William, I'm sure they will make great parents
startrekkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:46 AM   #14
luke
Señor Mejor

I'm going to go against the grain here, but I really couldn't care less about a 'royal baby'.
Sure I'm as happy for them as I am for anyone who is having a baby, but as said above, the media coverage will be unbearable!

Rich, privileged people who have nothing in common with most folk, just like their wedding I don't get the excitement.

Old 12-05-2012, 07:30 AM   #15
meggiebeth
Have faith in your dreams and someday your rainbow will come smiling through...

I'm glad for them, but am dreading all the media coverage. And it most likely will be things like
'Kate stays stylish even when pregnant' and 'boy or girl... The undiscovered secret' **groan**

Since they've been married people have been basically waiting for this news! The couple must be so excited (I am not really a royalist).

The people that annoy me are Beatrice and Eugenie. They dont do any royal duties and cost a lot... For example with bodyguards. Really? Kate seems to be working so hard on all these tours and things, so I don't really envy her wealth.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

$5 A Day Means Disney MY Way! An October TR
~Our 18 day trip to Walt Disney World. Deluxe Dining Plan, Keys to the Kingdom Tour,
MNSSHP, Epcot Food & Wine Festival and MVMCP all in one trip!~

meggiebeth is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: