Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-30-2012, 03:53 PM   #901
VS85
Mouseketeer

Hi everyone! I am visiting WWoHP for the first time on Thursday 12/18 after 3 days in Disney. Since this is the last park we will be at for our vacation, we sort of wanted to take it easy... Not get there right at opening and making a mad dash for all of the different attractions. I definitely want to see everything and go on all the rides though, but not really interested in seeing the rest of IoA (we might take a peek at the Dr. S area as we leave). I am thinking of getting there around 10:30am and stay until 4:30 or so. We have a 6pm spa appt back at our resort in Disney. Any thoughts on this? I know lines will probably be longer than they would right at park opening, but we like to chat and people watch in lines. I just want to make sure we can still go on the rides, try to do Ollivanders if the line isn't insane, check out the shops and eat at 3 broomsticks. I would appreciate anyone's insight! Also, anybody have an idea on crowds, given that it is the week before Xmas? Thanks!!! I am beyond excited!
VS85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 03:59 PM   #902
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
Iím a Universal Homie

Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)

only giving yourself 6 hours for IOA might limit getting some of your goals completed.

you might or might not have short lines for some of the rides.
crowds are not bad that week you plan to go.

parry hotter could take a few hours of your day since you are getting there near the lunch hour period.

hope you have fun and see the highlights there!

people watching will be the easy part of your day there.
usually the parry hotter area has quite a few guests in that section until later in the evening.

macraven is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-30-2012, 05:20 PM   #903
VS85
Mouseketeer

Thanks! Maybe we will aim to get there a bit earlier to make sure we can do everything we want to.

I read somewhere though that if you don't get there right as the park opens, you may not be able to get into WWoHP and that you'll get a timed re-entry ticket. Is this true? Or was this the case only when WWoHP first opened? I know the WWoHP area is small, but I would hate to not be allowed in even if we get there between 9 and 9:30. How long do you usually have to wait for your timed re-entry ticket to become active?
Old 11-30-2012, 06:14 PM   #904
macraven
Proud Redhead
Iím a Universal Homie

if you are there around 9ish, you should not have any issues being able to enter the parry hotter area.

you are going the week before christmas and the parks should not be packed that early of the day.

the 18th is mid week, you should be fine.

Old 11-30-2012, 06:39 PM   #905
VS85
Mouseketeer

Thanks for your replies! This definitely makes me feel better. I'm going to try not to worry about all these different factors and just try to enjoy the experience. Can't wait!!!
Old 12-02-2012, 08:00 PM   #906
bugaler
Earning My Ears

Harry Potter

We are going sometime between December 27-January 3. We haven't set the exact date for going to Universal yet. Should we be worried about getting into Harry Potter? That is the only reason we are going to Universal.
bugaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 08:06 PM   #907
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugaler
We are going sometime between December 27-January 3. We haven't set the exact date for going to Universal yet. Should we be worried about getting into Harry Potter? That is the only reason we are going to Universal.
Those days will be extremely crowded. If you go, be there at park open and go straight to WWoHP, then do not leave the area until you've done everything you care to.
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 08:34 PM   #908
bugaler
Earning My Ears

Thanks that was what I was thinking we would have to do.
bugaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:42 PM   #909
gleecker
Earning My Ears

Hi I have many questions I hope you can help me!

I'm having a road trip in the USA and I'm planning to go to Florida in May 2013 especially to visit the Wizarding World.. Can't miss it for my life
-Is the place crowded this time of year? And how long will I be spending in queues approx.?
-If I'm thinking of spending a whole day at Universal Orlando, will I have time for the other rides that aren't in WWoHP, or can I spend my whole day there? 'Cause to be honest, 1 roller coaster is not enough for me =)
-Honestly now, I'd like to try the butterbeer, the pumpkin juice, the ice-cream.. But are they actually good?? I'd rather never know then be disappointed.. And waste my money on it (I'm just 19 and this is a trip with 2 friends, I'm not rich )
-The ride inside the castle, I understood you can walk the whole thing or take a ride, what's the difference? Will I miss some of the castle if I go on the ride? What's more fun to do?

That's it for now but I'll be coming back for more, thanks in advance!!
gleecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:29 PM   #910
macraven
Proud Redhead
Iím a Universal Homie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gleecker View Post
Hi I have many questions I hope you can help me!

I'm having a road trip in the USA and I'm planning to go to Florida in May 2013 especially to visit the Wizarding World.. Can't miss it for my life
-Is the place crowded this time of year? And how long will I be spending in queues approx.?
-If I'm thinking of spending a whole day at Universal Orlando, will I have time for the other rides that aren't in WWoHP, or can I spend my whole day there? 'Cause to be honest, 1 roller coaster is not enough for me =)
-Honestly now, I'd like to try the butterbeer, the pumpkin juice, the ice-cream.. But are they actually good?? I'd rather never know then be disappointed.. And waste my money on it (I'm just 19 and this is a trip with 2 friends, I'm not rich )
-The ride inside the castle, I understood you can walk the whole thing or take a ride, what's the difference? Will I miss some of the castle if I go on the ride? What's more fun to do?

That's it for now but I'll be coming back for more, thanks in advance!!
you won't need an entire park day just to do parry hotter section.
not that much there to take 8 hours to cover, crowded or not.

if you go in May, go during the week.
avoid fridays as many school groups do attend that day.

butterbeer, pumpkin juice, etc. ........depends on the person.
i'm not found of regular bb or the pj but others are.
i like the frozen bb only.
everyone likes something different.

in the regular line for fj, you do see inside the castle.
since you plan to spend a lot of time there, do both lines to compare.

other coaster rides are spiderman, hulk that are outside the parry hotter area.
dueling dragons/dragons challenge, and the former unicorn coaster are inside the PH area.

read at www.universalorlando.com for more information on the rides in the park.

Old 12-04-2012, 06:25 AM   #911
gleecker
Earning My Ears

Thank you! That's very helpful

Do you know if there's any deal for one day in Universal Orlando and one day in Disney World? How much will it save me and if booking it early gives me an advantage?
gleecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:59 AM   #912
macraven
Proud Redhead
Iím a Universal Homie

darkside, motherland......

no discounts/deals for one day park tickets.

tickets for the darkside become cheaper if you buy a multi day pass.

Old 12-19-2012, 04:18 PM   #913
LucyBC80
DIS Veteran

How are the crowds during the President Week? Is a 9 at Disney the same as a 9 at Universal? Do you guys recommend visiting during the week still? And should I head straight to WWoHP? I'm staying at a Holiday Inn and I'm eligible for early entry, will that help?
Old 12-25-2012, 09:22 AM   #914
lindsey
DIS Veteran

question

I have not ready the whole thread yet, but wanted to ask this question. I am going with my grandkids in January. I have not seen any of the movies. If I watch the first one, will that be enough to understand the theme?
Jun82 - FW, Aug88 - FW, Oct91 - FW, Oct92 - FW, Dec93 - POR (formerly DL), Feb95 - POR(formerly DL), Jun96 - off site, Dec96 - Poly, Jun99 - FW, Dec00 - FW, Dec02 - FW, Jun04 -FW, Dec05 - BWI & AKL, Feb07 - offsite, Jun07 - ASMo, Oct 08 - ASMu, Feb09 Pop/Bonnet Creek, Sep10 - Bonnet Creek, Nov 11 - Bonnet Creek, Jn 13 - POP, Bonnet Creek, Caribbean Beach

lindsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 09:27 AM   #915
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsey View Post
I have not ready the whole thread yet, but wanted to ask this question. I am going with my grandkids in January. I have not seen any of the movies. If I watch the first one, will that be enough to understand the theme?
Yup. Better yet, read the first book!

Even if you don't know anything about Harry Potter, it is basically just fantasy stuff with wizards and dragons and magic wands.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: