DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-15-2012, 04:59 PM   #1
supersuperwendy
any happy little thought?

Woo Hoo BOARDWALK VIEW!!! requests? UPDATE gave up BWV

YES!!! 7 month window success!!!

This will be our first time in a two bedroom boardwalk view. So..what's the best thing to request? I'd really love a great view of Crescent Lake more than the boardwalk itself. I'm thinking away from Jellyrolls and Atlantic Dance might be a good idea too. So what do you suggest I request???

Thanks everyone for the insights!!! But... we had to change our travel dates and lost the boardwalk view. Instead we are doing a Kidani/BCV split stay..yayyy!! first time for us at BCV!! can't wait!
Now approaching Mickey's Star Traders......DVC Trip Report 2012! <-----Click Here! Commando Club member #118
DVC Members since 2008

Last edited by supersuperwendy; 12-07-2012 at 11:26 AM.
supersuperwendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:06 PM   #2
MarkLyndaJakeChloe
Mark

I would definitely recommend that you ask for upper floor preferably near the lifts, sorry I mean the elevators.

The reasons being that the upper floor rooms tend to have more open balconies, give a more elevated view (for both Crescent Lake, Illuminations, BC/YC etc), further away from noise of Boardwalk and corridor is extremely long.

We requested the above for our 9 night reservation in August. Ended up in 2nd floor studio over shop with very enclosed balcony with 4ft high solid walls and shop signage that obscured view to both sides. Thankfully they managed to relocate us on the third day to fourth floor studio.
Disneyland Hotel - DLP - Dec 2004
Port Orleans R'side - WDW - July 2005
Caribbean Beach - WDW - July 2006
Became DVC Member - Oct 2006
Disneyland Hotel - DLP - Dec 2006
Saratoga Springs - WDW - March 2008
Beach Club Villas/DCL/Vero Beach - August 08
Disneyland Hotel - DLP - Dec 2008
NYC/Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas - WDW - Aug 09
Boardwalk/DCL/Wilderness Lodge - WDW - March 2010
Beach Club Villas/Grand Floridian -WDW - July 2010
Sequoia Lodge - DLP - Dec 2010
SF/Yosemite/Grand Californian/Las Vegas - July 2011
Beach Club Villas/Disney Dream/Old Key West - Dec 2011
Boardwalk Villas/Royal Pacific/Beach Club Villas - Aug 2012
Grand Californian - Feb 2013
Disney Magic Med Cruise - Aug 2013
Bay Lake Tower/Beach Club Villas - Oct 2013
MarkLyndaJakeChloe is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-15-2012, 07:03 PM   #3
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

Most of the 2 bedrooms are on the end near Jellyrolls. Those rooms actually have better views. I always request top floor, my biggest fear is getting one of those first floor rooms right on the boardwalk, the former sales models. I usually end up with 3 or 4, the only time I got 5 was the Village Green corner room.
Old 11-15-2012, 09:23 PM   #4
rutgers1
DIS Veteran

There are some rooms with GIGANTIC balconies. I think these rooms are in limited supply, as that is what I recall hearing when I posted photos to this board during our trip last year. I never would have thought I big balcony would have been that big of a deal, but it really was nice.

We were in room 3053. Check out this photo of my son on the balcony:

rutgers1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:01 AM   #5
supersuperwendy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutgers1 View Post
There are some rooms with GIGANTIC balconies. I think these rooms are in limited supply, as that is what I recall hearing when I posted photos to this board during our trip last year. I never would have thought I big balcony would have been that big of a deal, but it really was nice.

We were in room 3053. Check out this photo of my son on the balcony:

Was that considered boardwalk or preferred view?
Now approaching Mickey's Star Traders......DVC Trip Report 2012! <-----Click Here! Commando Club member #118
DVC Members since 2008

Old 11-16-2012, 12:09 PM   #6
jekjones1558
Always happy at Disney

3053 is a pool/ garden studio overlooking Village Green. It does have an angled view of the BW.
Old 11-24-2012, 07:32 PM   #7
DanenRox
Disney Junkies

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Really considering requesting a Boardwalk view for our next trip...my 50th birthday! Just having trouble justifying the extra points needed over the standard room. OK, I'm cheap...but it does seem like an awful special view!
DanenRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 01:55 PM   #8
TagsMissy
Counting down the days... It's not always easy being the wife of a soldier.

We asked for high floor, far from elevator and we got an awesome 4th floor room just over Big River Grill. We loved our view and enjoyed the fireworks in the evening, those nights we were back in our villa.
79-95 Numerous Disneyland Trips/98 POFQ /08 POR/09 POR, SSR/AKV Kidani & BLT/11 BWV & BLT/12 Aulani & Disneyland Club 33/13 DL Club 33/Wonder & BLT/BWV/14 AKV Jambo/VWL & DL Friend's Wedding Celebration/15 DCL Fantasy Eastern Caribbean

TagsMissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:39 AM   #9
supersuperwendy

I had to move our dates and had to give up the boardwalk view

My husband can't take vacation until Tues 6/18.... so now it's 6/18-6/23 rather than 6/15-6/20

I switched us to Kidani. I'm waitlisted for boardwalk but in a standard view. The change in dates makes us there on Fri and Sat and I don't have enough points for 5 nights boardwalk view. My family all want Kidani, but too bad...I'm still hoping for the waitlist!!
DVC Members since 2008

Old 12-04-2012, 10:34 AM   #10
drusba

DIS Veteran

Go here to see where the 2BR lock-offs are with boardwalk view (the 2BR lock-offs are the ones in green): http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/50...rdwalkView.jpg. The room you want to avoid is the one on first floor in the Crest of Waves section (section in the right of photo where the DVC Preview Center is). The request you should consider is high floor, Credt of Waves section, i.e., your "thinking away from Jellyrolls" is incorrect thinking. Do not, as suggested above, request close to elevator; that is generally a poor request whenever you have boardwalk view. None of the boardwalk view rooms are actually close to the elevator but the only 2BRs that could actually comply with that reuest are the 2BRs on the second floor above the Screen Door and both have the wooden like porches with solid rails so you need to stand on the porch to see over them.

Last edited by drusba; 12-04-2012 at 11:10 AM.
drusba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:53 AM   #11
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanenRox View Post
Really considering requesting a Boardwalk view for our next trip...my 50th birthday! Just having trouble justifying the extra points needed over the standard room. OK, I'm cheap...but it does seem like an awful special view!
Yes, well, we tried a BWV once, it was OK, but in the end, I bought BWV for the standard view point value for the great location of the resort.
Old 12-06-2012, 03:31 PM   #12
chainkid
Mouseketeer

Please be careful at the Boardwalk with your things as we were one of the rooms burglarized last week. Nothing ruins a vacation then to come back to your villa to find you were cleaned out of all your valuables. The safes are only good for small items so if you plan on bringing laptops ipads medicines, camera;s that don't fit in safe you should bring them down to the desk for safe keeping when you leave your room. Lesson learned and it totally ruined my vacation. Disney is only liable for up to $1000 so make sure your home owners insurance is high enough to cover theft and any intellectual property on thumb drives in the safe at all times when not using. Equipment can be replaced but years of work and family pictures cannot be recovered. Most people think Disney is the safest place on earth, I know i did and learned the hard way. I have been over 30 times and never had a problem but this was major and we were not alone.

The new door locks can easily be opened and the grand villa doors don't always close tight when you think they are latched. I'm hopeful disney will work on this but for your own protection please heed my advice..be vigilant about your security as there is basically nothing Disney can or will do once you have left the room. I'm one of the lucky ones who had insurance but i still lost years of vacation pictures, work documents and had to change all passwords and for an older person whose memory can be tricky this is a challenge. I'm not trying to cause controversy ..just hoping to spare you heart break on what should be a wonderful vacation.
chainkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:38 PM   #13
Caren90
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chainkid View Post
Please be careful at the Boardwalk with your things as we were one of the rooms burglarized last week. Nothing ruins a vacation then to come back to your villa to find you were cleaned out of all your valuables. The safes are only good for small items so if you plan on bringing laptops ipads medicines, camera;s that don't fit in safe you should bring them down to the desk for safe keeping when you leave your room. Lesson learned and it totally ruined my vacation. Disney is only liable for up to $1000 so make sure your home owners insurance is high enough to cover theft and any intellectual property on thumb drives in the safe at all times when not using. Equipment can be replaced but years of work and family pictures cannot be recovered. Most people think Disney is the safest place on earth, I know i did and learned the hard way. I have been over 30 times and never had a problem but this was major and we were not alone.

The new door locks can easily be opened and the grand villa doors don't always close tight when you think they are latched. I'm hopeful disney will work on this but for your own protection please heed my advice..be vigilant about your security as there is basically nothing Disney can or will do once you have left the room. I'm one of the lucky ones who had insurance but i still lost years of vacation pictures, work documents and had to change all passwords and for an older person whose memory can be tricky this is a challenge. I'm not trying to cause controversy ..just hoping to spare you heart break on what should be a wonderful vacation.
I am very sorry to hear about your losses and thank you for the good safety advice. I hope this will not dampen your enjoyment of future Disney vacations.

Stephen

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: