Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-03-2012, 08:12 PM   #286
WishnDisney
Mouseketeer

Thank you

I have really enjoyed your TR. My boys are the same age as yours. My youngest looks a lot like yours too. Thanks for posting. Its given my some ideas for our first family trip in June. I'm sure I will be re-reading this again.

L
Old 12-04-2012, 10:41 AM   #287
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WishnDisney View Post
I have really enjoyed your TR. My boys are the same age as yours. My youngest looks a lot like yours too. Thanks for posting. Its given my some ideas for our first family trip in June. I'm sure I will be re-reading this again.

L
Thank you so much! I'm glad you enjoyed it! I had a lot of fun writing it.

How exciting to be taking your first family trip! I hope you have a wonderful time!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-06-2012, 07:23 PM   #288
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

So you still haven't been totally able to escape the "wet" Splash magnet curse... although quite clearly this time there were extenuating circumstances...

Love that you got to do an evening EMH... I really would love to ride Big Thunder at night...

Leaving the MK for the last time... very sad... but not as sad as checking out of your hotel...

Creepy camera guy in Dinosaur... but hurray for meeting Chip & Dale...
Old 12-08-2012, 09:01 PM   #289
mommytothreeboys
DIS Veteran

So sad to leave....

Great report...can't wait to hear your final thoughts!
Old 12-09-2012, 07:43 PM   #290
ellajeansmom
Mouseketeer

Goodness, I've done it again...I tend to read your updates at work and plan to post comments later but then I forget to post a comment

Anyways, seems like you had a wonderful last full day at MK So glad that you enjoyed the Dessert Party and love all the pics of the castle and the gardens!

You managed to cover a lot of ground on the last quick stop at Epcot

Yay for a smooth trip home and not losing the luggage with the keys in it
Old 12-11-2012, 10:39 AM   #291
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PracPerfPatricia View Post
So you still haven't been totally able to escape the "wet" Splash magnet curse... although quite clearly this time there were extenuating circumstances...

Love that you got to do an evening EMH... I really would love to ride Big Thunder at night...

Leaving the MK for the last time... very sad... but not as sad as checking out of your hotel...

Creepy camera guy in Dinosaur... but hurray for meeting Chip & Dale...
I thought for sure that I had somehow escaped getting wet on Splash Mountain that night....apparently not!

I'm so glad that we finally got to experience evening EMH! We loved it!

Aww....leaving that day was so sad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytothreeboys View Post
So sad to leave....

Great report...can't wait to hear your final thoughts!
Thanks Missy! Final thoughts coming up soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellajeansmom View Post
Goodness, I've done it again...I tend to read your updates at work and plan to post comments later but then I forget to post a comment

Anyways, seems like you had a wonderful last full day at MK So glad that you enjoyed the Dessert Party and love all the pics of the castle and the gardens!

You managed to cover a lot of ground on the last quick stop at Epcot

Yay for a smooth trip home and not losing the luggage with the keys in it
It was such a wonderful day! I'm so glad that we picked MK to be our last full day at Disney.

We did get quite a bit done that last morning! I know that Noah was very happy that he was able to visit all the Kidcot stops that day.

Whew! DH felt so bad that he left the keys in the luggage. But, we were rushing that morning and things happen. I'm just so glad it worked out!!

Old 12-12-2012, 08:46 AM   #292
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Final Thoughts.....

Happy 12/12/12!!! I thought this would be the perfect day to finish up this trip report! I've had so much fun writing it and I'm sad that it has come to an end...it kind of feels like we're leaving all over again.

Okay....where to begin? I can’t believe I’m writing my final thoughts about this trip. It seems like only yesterday, I was writing up the plans, making ADR’s, changing ADR’s, packing and finalizing everything. It’s sad to think that another trip is gone…even sadder when there isn’t any in the works right now. But, don’t worry the planner in me, is still making those plans and hoping we can find a way back in 2014 or at least that is the wish for right now.

Let's wrap this up...shall we?

Accommodations(Pop Century) Well…they must have done something right since this was our 5th time staying there. Don’t get me wrong….I would have loved to stay at either a moderate or a deluxe. But, for our family we just don’t spend enough time in the room or at the resort to justify the extra cost. We have always used the money we save by staying in a value for extra souvenirs, special meals or experiences like the Dessert Party. The boys have always preferred that. However, as they are getting older (and bigger) we realized that it may be time for a change. As much as we love Pop, the beds are small and we saw this trip just how crazy the food court can be in the morning. However, it's still a really fun resort and it has always felt very Disney to us. So...never say never..right?

July

Crowds- Every other trip to Disney we have taken has always been in April with the exception of one short trip the end of August one year. So, we knew what to expect when it came to crowds or at least we thought we did. We’ve experienced Easter Crowds so how much worse could it actually be? Well.. we actually found the crowds worse this trip with longer wait times than any other trip we’ve ever taken. The combination of summer crowds plus tour groups made the wait times much longer than we are used to. And as much as we love morning EMH, we found them more crowded this trip as well.

Hot! Hot! Hot!—There’s not really too much I can say about the heat since we knew what we were getting ourselves into when we decided to go in July. But, it did make us much more tired trying to get through the day than previous trips. However, on the bright side it allowed us to plan in more pool time which we all really enjoyed!

Tour Groups—So, before the trip I did a ton of research and when I got to the part about tour groups I would just skim over some of the information. July was really the only time we could go and I didn’t want to be stressing out before the trip. I guess I should have prepared more. I don’t think I realized how many tour groups there would be and that they would literally be everywhere. Now, for the most part they didn’t really impact our trip too much with the exception of our Animal Kingdom day. We didn’t find them to be rude but it always felt we had to be two steps ahead. We couldn’t just leisurely make our way to a ride if they were in the area otherwise we would have been waiting in a very long line.

Overall, if July was the only time that we could take a trip again, then I probably wouldn’t hesitate to book. I mean it’s Disney after all. But, ideally we’ll probably go back to going during the boys spring break or holiday break. I doubt we’ll make another trip during the summer. Don’t get me wrong it was a wonderful trip and the heat and even the rain pushed us to explore different parts of the park that we’ve never experienced before. It just took a little more planning. I learned to relax and realize if we didn’t get everything done due to the rain or crowds, it wasn’t the end of the world. We just had to make the best of things. We rolled with it and ended up having an amazing time.

Quick Service Dining Plan—When planning our trip, we decided to just pay out of pocket for everything and how I wish we would have stuck with the original plan. It’s just that the dining plan has always been so convenient for us. But, since they took away the extra snacks the plan just didn’t work for our family this trip. We paid OOP for a lot of our meals/snacks anyway. It just wasn’t the value that it used to be for us.

So, with that I’m going to finish with our top 10 favorite moments from the trip in no particular order
1. Spending an evening exploring the new Art of Animation Resort. The details were amazing! We loved seeing the new resort and I’m so glad we took the time to go over one evening.

2. Watching the boys throw confetti in the air during the Opening Show at the Magic Kingdom! It was a great way to start our Magic Kingdom day!

3. Riding Dumbo and seeing Storybook Circus for the first time! I was so happy that the boys decided to ride Dumbo! I don’t know how many more times I can convince them to do that as they’re getting older. It was definitely a bittersweet moment.

4. Being able to spend more time on Main Street. I finally found the statues around the hub that I have missed every trip. It really is the little things….

5. Riding the Peoplemover for the first time. I’m officially hooked especially after our late night ride and hearing and seeing the Magic Memories and You show.

6. Seeing Noah’s expression during Finding Nemo the Musical as Bruce and Marlin leaned toward him. Such a fun moment!

7. Watching Wishes from the Dessert Party…..Amazing!

8. Riding Splash Mountain at midnight!

9. Discovering the tranquility of Tom Sawyer Island! After dodging one tour group after another that morning it was just the retreat we needed from the busy park!

10. Lastly, taking the time to slow down every now and then and really look around at all the magical things that Disney does...those things that keep us coming back for more.

So that's it! Thank you so much for reading! I had a lot fun writing and even though I ‘m sad that it’s over I know that it probably won’t be our last trip and hopefully, there will be many more TR’s to write.

Oh...since I started each update with a Disney song quote, I thought I would finish the TR with the song that started the PTR for this trip.....

"Do you remember your imagination?
That Neverland was a destination
Your magical adventure isn't over yet
Just hold on tight and don't forget

Every wish, every dream you ever had
Just close your eyes
And it will all come rushing back
Fly away
All you need is to believe and remember when.."

Happy Holidays! Thanks for reading!!

Old 12-12-2012, 08:53 AM   #293
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Fantastic wrap-up to your trip report! Even though July isn't the best time of the year to visit Walt Disney World, you guys made the best of the situation and still had a great time. When do school end in your part of the country? Our kids usually get out towards the end of May and we head straight to Disney. It seems like we beat the Summer crowds that way.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 12-12-2012, 08:57 AM   #294
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Great recap Angie!

It is hard as the kids age to realize you might have to start to mix things up, the small beds are what has kept us out of values, makes me wish we'd started going there when the boys were much younger so we really could have experienced them.

Summer is rough but yes, compared to no Disney, I'll take it too!

Love the top 10 things, some very nice zen moments in the midst of all the craziness. I have faith another trip will happen, it's not an "if", it's a "when". The waiting until you know when that "when" will be is always the hardest part for me!

Thanks for a great TR.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:30 AM   #295
Victoriasmom98
DIS Veteran

Hey Angie!!! Just went through and read the entire report start to finish (thank goodness for post links!!!). What a wonderful trip you had and your report was awesome! I've got to get on the ball and put my links in my report and continue writing my report for that matter!!! I hope you will get to plan another trip soon as you love Disney so much!
Old 12-12-2012, 04:43 PM   #296
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Great wrap-up! Pop Century does seem like a neat resort and that's cool you guys like it so much.

Love that you ended with a top ten list of favorite memories. I like the one about Dumbo-though hopefully the boys will still be willing to ride it...after all I'm 27 and still go on it...LOL!

That is such a great song.
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIP: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 12-13-2012, 06:53 AM   #297
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Fantastic wrap-up to your trip report! Even though July isn't the best time of the year to visit Walt Disney World, you guys made the best of the situation and still had a great time. When do school end in your part of the country? Our kids usually get out towards the end of May and we head straight to Disney. It seems like we beat the Summer crowds that way.
Thanks Lisa! You're right...July wasn't ideal but we made the best of it and still had a wonderful time.

Unfortunately, the boys summer vacation doesn't start until the end of June. If we ever go back in summer, we would probably try August again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Great recap Angie!

It is hard as the kids age to realize you might have to start to mix things up, the small beds are what has kept us out of values, makes me wish we'd started going there when the boys were much younger so we really could have experienced them.

Summer is rough but yes, compared to no Disney, I'll take it too!

Love the top 10 things, some very nice zen moments in the midst of all the craziness. I have faith another trip will happen, it's not an "if", it's a "when". The waiting until you know when that "when" will be is always the hardest part for me!

Thanks for a great TR.
Thanks Cynthia!

When the boys were really small, Pop was ideal. It's a fun resort and great for kids! This trip, it was still fun but the boys complained a lot about how small the beds were. I think we are all ready for a change....something a little more relaxing next time would be nice.

There was so many great moments from the trip! It was hard to pick out just 10 things!

It's very hard not knowing when we will be going back.

Old 12-13-2012, 07:09 AM   #298
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoriasmom98 View Post
Hey Angie!!! Just went through and read the entire report start to finish (thank goodness for post links!!!). What a wonderful trip you had and your report was awesome! I've got to get on the ball and put my links in my report and continue writing my report for that matter!!! I hope you will get to plan another trip soon as you love Disney so much!
Hi Ann!! Thanks for reading!! We really did have such a wonderful trip! Lots of great memories!! I hope we can get back really soon. 2014 is the plan right now but it seems so far away.

I'm sad that the TR is over but on the bright side now I can finally have time to catch up on the TR's and PTR's I follow. I'm hoping to make it back over to your PTR soon...I can't wait to read about your trip to NYC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
Great wrap-up! Pop Century does seem like a neat resort and that's cool you guys like it so much.

Love that you ended with a top ten list of favorite memories. I like the one about Dumbo-though hopefully the boys will still be willing to ride it...after all I'm 27 and still go on it...LOL!

That is such a great song.
Thanks Sarah!

Pop Century is such a fun resort! I'm glad that the boys kept requesting we stay there....we have lots of great memories!

Aww....I love Dumbo! Hopefully, the boys will decide to ride with me next time we go back!!

Love that song!! I could listen to it over and over!!

Old 12-15-2012, 07:46 AM   #299
TinksThree
DIS Veteran

Great finish!! I always like to take those final moments to soak in every detail before departing. But the final Epcot post made me homesick...I just love that park! Loved your final thoughts too! I love having that final wrap-up that brings it all together. Wasn't going with the flow grand!? Well our trip were at the same time and you are done...I need to get a move on! I am almost done if I can just find the time to actually post!! I really enjoyed reading along! Great TR!!!!
Old 12-17-2012, 08:51 AM   #300
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinksThree View Post
Great finish!! I always like to take those final moments to soak in every detail before departing. But the final Epcot post made me homesick...I just love that park! Loved your final thoughts too! I love having that final wrap-up that brings it all together. Wasn't going with the flow grand!? Well our trip were at the same time and you are done...I need to get a move on! I am almost done if I can just find the time to actually post!! I really enjoyed reading along! Great TR!!!!
Thanks! I'm so glad that we decided to go with the flow this trip. Our plans changed a lot....but in the end I think it made it a much more enjoyable trip! Thanks for reading! I had so much fun writing it!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: