Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2012, 01:22 PM   #751
bgenew1
Mouseketeer

Hi. We are here now and got back to the room temp at 75. We tried holding the power button and down arrow to try and override but it didn't work. Any suggestions as we have also been hot at night. Thanks!
Old 12-03-2012, 01:39 PM   #752
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

Hey Janet B, just an FYI; the mug price in post #3 is still shown as $14.99 plus tax, the new price is $15.49 plus tax.

I'm sure you already knew that but just haven't updated the info yet.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-03-2012, 01:50 PM   #753
neverlandfamily
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
to the DIS and the POP Century thread!! Many, many great POPers here, who are very knowlegeable about POP and Disney in general... so when you are ready, we'll be here to help!

BTW, we were there in August as well and booked the BB ... but not sure if we can take advantage of it.. yet).

Thank you so much for the welcome, Janet B!!! I hope you are able to take advantage of the free dining BB!

I am hoping someone can help us with a room request. The past few years we have always booked a first floor preferred to be close to Classic Hall. I have mobility problems so the closer we are the better. Last year was my first time renting an ECV and without that our vacation would not have been possible. Anyway, now that i use the ECV while at Disney I was thinking of not requesting a preferred room. I would still want to be close to Classic Hall so my husband wouldn't have such a tough time carrying our soon to be 5 year old back to the room after a long day in the parks. What would be a good room request to make? Which building? Maybe with a lake view or a chance to see the fireworks from Epcot? Also, would an upper level floor room be poosible with an ECV?
TIA for the info!

Next trip: Pop August 2015
POP 8/14, POP 8/13, POP 8/12, POP 8/11, ASM 9/10
Old 12-03-2012, 03:42 PM   #754
curseofcurves
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchlovestink View Post
Did you book a standard or preferred room? The key will be whether there is one that is unoccupied or due to be vacated on your check in day. If you booked a standard room then IMO your chances are consiberably better as there are a little over 3 times as many king rooms that are categorized as Standard versus preferred. There are less than 10 King non handicapped rooms in the preferred category so the odds with a resort of that size can be against you based on occupancy level and the other number of people who have made the same request in the preferred category. Did that make sense or did I just totally confuse you? LOL

Posted from Disney Forums Reader for Android

You made perfect sense! We booked a standard room. We'll just wake up and head over to POP before doing anything else and see if lady luck is on our side.
December 2012 - Holiday time at Disney World
Old 12-03-2012, 06:13 PM   #755
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by neeleyd View Post
Thanks Janet B. One of the three reservations will be arriving a little later, so I will take your advice and do a traditional check in. I sort of thought that might be best, but its always nice to get others with more experience to give their recommendations. Thanks again. PS: This will be our first visit to Pop, first time during Christmas season and our 3 yo grandson and DIL's first ever Disney visit.
You are very welcome!! And don't forgot those first time buttons for your grandsona and DIL! have it noted on your ressie and ask at check in if the CM does not give you the buttons. Pop is decorated very nicely at the holidays, enjoy!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neelloc View Post
Okay. You are not nuts . I just checked the clock again and looked at the other side. On the right side of the clock are the volume controls, tuner, and mp3 plug. On the left side is the alarm setting and WHITE NOISE MACHINE function. You can listen to wind chime, ocean, and brook. I turned it on and the sound of the ocean is drowning out the sounds of the screaming kids in the pool

I'll take some pictures and post them when we return from our trip. I can't figure our how to post pics from the app.
thanks for the info on the white noise machine. Happy it helped to counter the very excitable kids!

Looking forward to your pix!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvcourtneyy View Post
In 33 days, we will be at Pop for the first time and for our first on-site visit! So excited for this infamous tie-dye cheesecake!
It's to die for...:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchlovestink View Post
Did you book a standard or preferred room? The key will be whether there is one that is unoccupied or due to be vacated on your check in day. If you booked a standard room then IMO your chances are consiberably better as there are a little over 3 times as many king rooms that are categorized as Standard versus preferred. There are less than 10 King non handicapped rooms in the preferred category so the odds with a resort of that size can be against you based on occupancy level and the other number of people who have made the same request in the preferred category. Did that make sense or did I just totally confuse you? LOL
Thanks stitchlovestink on your helpful info regarding king rooms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpcotBill View Post
Hey Janet B, just an FYI; the mug price in post #3 is still shown as $14.99 plus tax, the new price is $15.49 plus tax.

I'm sure you already knew that but just haven't updated the info yet.
Thank you for the reminder! I will change it right away. I'm grateful to all who read the thread and lets me know of things that need changing/updating.

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: POP Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Old 12-03-2012, 08:09 PM   #756
GaSleepingBeautyFan
DIS Veteran

I should have booked my room yesterday.

Now the system is down until sometime tomorrow and I arrive on Wednesday for a fast last minute trip. Ooops.

I'm looking forward to staying at Pop again providing there will still be rooms available when their system is back up.

Connie

Doing a quick weekend trip to see the Osborne Lights in December - staying offsite this time.

WDW: 16 family trips, 9 solo trips - resorts stayed at: offisite(6) AoA, AKL(2), BWI, CR (2), WL (2), CBR, CSR, POFQ (3), POP (2), POR (6) ASMo, ASMu
DISNEYLAND: 1 family trip, 2 1 day trips chaperoning
US/IOA: 5 family trips
Old 12-03-2012, 10:54 PM   #757
lovelyvacations
Earning My Ears

We just got back from an 8 day stay there. We usually love it there, but had a small ( let me stress small) problem with the pools all being freezing! I mean freezing! The weather was nice while we were there, and last year the pools there were warm. I didn't say anything to management because I wasn't sure they were "supposed" to be heated, but the resort description says they are. Anyway, being from the very cold north we were looking forward to some swimming, but it was impossible, even too cold for the kids. Does anyone know if that's normal for the pools there?
Old 12-04-2012, 08:14 AM   #758
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovelyvacations View Post
We just got back from an 8 day stay there. We usually love it there, but had a small ( let me stress small) problem with the pools all being freezing! I mean freezing! The weather was nice while we were there, and last year the pools there were warm. I didn't say anything to management because I wasn't sure they were "supposed" to be heated, but the resort description says they are. Anyway, being from the very cold north we were looking forward to some swimming, but it was impossible, even too cold for the kids. Does anyone know if that's normal for the pools there?
It is NOT normal; the pools are usually nicely heated. Were all three pools cold? It was reported in some earlier posts that the Hippy Dippy pool heater wasn't working, but that the Bowling Pin and Computer polls were okay. Swimming at the resort pools is a big deal for my family, too, so I can understand your disappointment. They really need to get that fixed!

Old 12-04-2012, 09:45 AM   #759
Neelloc
I'm still 716, I'm still Buffalo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovelyvacations View Post
We swam around lunchtime this past Saturday (12/1.) We had walked over to AOA in the morning when the sun was blazing and it was really warm, so we decided to sneak in a swim before we went to spend the rest of the day at AK. By the time we got back to POP, it was starting to cloud but was still warm. We walked over to the Hippy Dippy Pool and talked to the life guard, mentioning we heard that the pool heater might not be working, and should we swim in the computer pool. He winked at us and told us we might be more comfy in the computer pool. We did swim in the computer pool for about an hour and found it to be fine for swimming. There were a bunch of kids swimming when we were.

There were kids also swimming in the computer pool until midnight each night.
2006: POFQ
2007: POP Century
2011: POFQ
2012: POP Century
2015: Resort TBD
Old 12-04-2012, 11:03 AM   #760
dillydilly
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandi View Post
It is NOT normal; the pools are usually nicely heated. Were all three pools cold? It was reported in some earlier posts that the Hippy Dippy pool heater wasn't working, but that the Bowling Pin and Computer polls were okay. Swimming at the resort pools is a big deal for my family, too, so I can understand your disappointment. They really need to get that fixed!
We just got back on Sunday and the Bowling Pin pool was heated when we were there. My family used it twice and on the days we didn't we could see steam rising off of it when heading back to our room. The Hippy Dippy was not heated and the front desk said that there should've been a note on the reservation website that it would not be during our stay (??).
Old 12-04-2012, 11:16 AM   #761
dillydilly
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgenew1 View Post
Hi. We are here now and got back to the room temp at 75. We tried holding the power button and down arrow to try and override but it didn't work. Any suggestions as we have also been hot at night. Thanks!
We were able to get our room down to 68 at night with the thermostat once we got back to the room but that was the lowest. We did have some balloons in our room for dd's birthday which we placed on the table next to the thermostat to trigger the sensor at night.

I also have a question....is a pool view considered an upgrade from a lake view in a standard area or are they equal?
Old 12-04-2012, 11:29 AM   #762
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillydilly View Post
I also have a question....is a pool view considered an upgrade from a lake view in a standard area or are they equal?
Price-wise a pool view room is considered an upgrade, as there is a different higher rate for preferred pool view (60's section) and standard pool view (50's and 80's/90's) rooms.

Currently all lake views rooms are standard level bookings.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
Old 12-04-2012, 12:00 PM   #763
dillydilly
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarwash View Post
Price-wise a pool view room is considered an upgrade, as there is a different higher rate for preferred pool view (60's section) and standard pool view (50's and 80's/90's) rooms.

Currently all lake views rooms are standard level bookings.
Thanks for the info. I had requested a lake view but ended up with a 50's pool view upon check in as well as when they moved our rooms after the pipe broke. She said that they didn't have any availability for a lake view . I appreciate them wanting to give me a pool view (I thought I had just paid for a plain old standard room when I made the ressie??), but I really wanted a lake view away from the pool and was curious how the pricing/upgrades worked. Thanks again for the info, jcarwash.
Old 12-04-2012, 02:56 PM   #764
princessag
Earning My Ears

room request question

Hi all~

We are arriving in 6 days to POP! The last time we were there, it was recommended to wait until less than 10 days out to fax in a specific room request. So, when I made our reservations back in Sept, I didn't make any recs at the time, thinking I would do that later. So...after reading here, it seems that faxing is not the best thing to do anymore. Should I contact POP or Disney in general to make our request?

Thanks for any help!!

'76-WDW Campground; '04-WDW day visit; '09-WDW day visit; 12/10 POP Century; 12/12 POP Century

Old 12-04-2012, 02:58 PM   #765
princessanj
Earning My Ears

I always call and talk to someone through the Disney reservations line and I have always received my preferences plus I do online check in also!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: