Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-03-2012, 09:43 PM   #1
Jays2013
Mouseketeer

Disney Store. Argh!

Uncertain where to post this, but thought someone on here might have some advice.

My young niece adores Woody from Toy Story. I found a good deal on a Woody doll on the Disney Store online and ordered it Nov. 27, relieved that I'd snuck in under the deadline to receive it by Dec. 7. (When we're leaving town late to go visit that side of the family out of state.) Deadline was clearly listed as Nov. 28.

When Friday came and there were still no "shipping" emails, I checked my order status. It was a gobbeldygook line with ??? scattered throughout. Argh! I called the Disney Store helpline and got someone who said that they didn't ship over the weekend, but the order was fine and I'd get the email today.

Nope. Same nonsense status today. No emails. I sent a message through the website; didn't get a response. Just sent another one. I'm fuming and worried. This is a little girl. She's not going to understand that she doesn't get a present while everyone else does, even if I promise to ship it to her later. I can't really afford to just go out and buy another one. And I really wanted to see her face when she opened it.

I had really thought better of Disney than to just ignore my messages and their own posted shipping deadlines. At this point, I'd like them to make it good and somehow still get it to me in time ... but I'd settle for just knowing what the heck is going on. Thoughts? Recommendations?

Me DH DS1 (9) DS2 (5)

---
April 2013 Art of Animation Nemo
Feb. 2006 Pop Century
Nov. 2003 Coronado
Sept. 2002 Animal Kingdom Lodge (honeymoon!)
Three trips as a child,
including one stay at Port Orleans French Quarter
Jays2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:52 PM   #2
la79al
DIS Veteran

I haven't been really impressed with DS quality or customer service. You could call again tomorrow but I would probably head to a b&m store of some kind to get a similar toy just in case it doesn't show up in time.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-04-2012, 07:54 AM   #3
cvjw
DIS Veteran

If I needed a special gift for a special person by a specific date, I would not be ordering at the last minute online. I would go to a store and buy it so that I would have it in my hands. When you order online, things happen - the item can be out of stock, or you can have shipping issues. Suck it up and pay more from a real store if you don't want to disappoint your niece.
cvjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:05 AM   #4
deserrai
DIS Veteran

I had that same nonsense status for an order I placed several weeks ago. I still received my items on time. The status never changed though.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:06 AM   #5
Angel Ariel
DIS Veteran

I would call them again today and explain what's been going on, and what you were told already. If it hasn't shipped, or there is some problem with it - see if you can cancel the order (or "return" the item), so that you can go into a brick and mortar store and buy another one, without actually paying twice.

DLR: July '84 (first trip! ), July '86 (family), April '88 (Easter), August 2004 (DCA for the first time!), March 2009, April 2010 (F&W Festival!),
April 2011

WDW: July '87 (first trip to WDW!), April '93 (Easter), April '95 (Contemporary), July 2006 (Honeymoon - GF!), December 2007 (SoG),
March 2013 (SoG, our princess' first trip! ), October 2013 (SoG, F&W festival!), November 2014 (Yacht Club, F&W adults only trip!)
Angel Ariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:52 AM   #6
3pletprincesses
DIS Veteran

I had that same thing happen to me when I ordered on Black friday. The status was stil the same the day that I received my packages. I would call and ask again what is going on.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:58 AM   #7
mm1971
DIS Veteran

How about getting her something small and a card as a gift? In the card, write a small poem that tells her she will get another surprise delivered special after Christmas. Maybe the elves had a mix up. She will get to have 2 special times. Just a thought.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:46 AM   #8
Jays2013
Mouseketeer

You're right, of course, in that I should have bought it at a b&m store. But it was a good deal and ... totally my fault ... I forgot that I needed it earlier than the original plans, which were days later! (brain = fried)

I'll take that hit, mea culpa, but what was really bothering me was the sheer lack of communication and the nonsense status. It's (good?) to see that others had the same thing. I just wanted to know what was going on.

No responses to my panicked notes to guest services, but I finally did get an email today saying it had shipped. The UPS info doesn't seem to track yet though. :P We'll see. I'll go to the store Friday if there's no update. And Santa will bring DS2 an extra Woody doll.

Me DH DS1 (9) DS2 (5)

---
April 2013 Art of Animation Nemo
Feb. 2006 Pop Century
Nov. 2003 Coronado
Sept. 2002 Animal Kingdom Lodge (honeymoon!)
Three trips as a child,
including one stay at Port Orleans French Quarter
Jays2013 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: