Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-03-2012, 12:16 PM   #46
ValpoCory
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdaisy View Post
One thing that made me nervous is the coupon listed the excluded ones like Visa Gift Cards, but it also said theme parks! But the coupon worked for all of my Disney gift cards. Do you think the exclusion was referring to the Disney cards???

This was the first time I took advantage of it, and I figured it may be the last when I saw that.

Did it say that on anyone else's???
Here in Texas, H-E-B sells Schlitterbahn passes, so that's what the "theme park cards" is referring to. The Disney cards can be used at the Disney Store, so it's not like buying a ticket like what you are doing when buying a Schlitterbarhn card.
ValpoCory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 01:06 PM   #47
kthshh
Mouseketeer

I was able to get this deal on Sunday. I live in the Dallas area and drove 30 minutes just to get this deal! We saved $300 and I'm thrilled. There was actually another DisBoarder in the store purchasing the gift cards when we got there. We were amazed that we actually ran into someone else taking advantage of this deal.

Most of my Dis time is spent reading through the budget boards especially at Christmas time. I love the thrill of the chase of a great discount. This particular one was pretty good.

Also, I don't think it's been mentioned but I will say that I was able to purchase the cards that allow you to load the $ amount you want on to them. I went in looking for an actual $300 card which they didn't have.
Register to remove

Old 12-03-2012, 01:17 PM   #48
brookmey
I may live in the south, but I bleed maize and blue

I've been so excited about this deal. We've saved $500 for our trip in 2 weeks! I was hoping I could convince DH to use that extra money for another night or 2 at Disney, but we got 2 flat tires on our minivan (I think I ran over some glass), so now that extra money has to pay for tires.

My parents are flying from MI to meet us at Disney, so my mom had me get a couple gift cards for them. I am so paranoid about losing or forgetting all these cards, I check to make sure they're in my safe spot a couple times a day! I might forget one of my kids, but at least I'll have all my gift cards!
Old 12-03-2012, 01:28 PM   #49
msdaisy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kthshh
I was able to get this deal on Sunday. I live in the Dallas area and drove 30 minutes just to get this deal! We saved $300 and I'm thrilled. There was actually another DisBoarder in the store purchasing the gift cards when we got there. We were amazed that we actually ran into someone else taking advantage of this deal.

Most of my Dis time is spent reading through the budget boards especially at Christmas time. I love the thrill of the chase of a great discount. This particular one was pretty good.

Also, I don't think it's been mentioned but I will say that I was able to purchase the cards that allow you to load the $ amount you want on to them. I went in looking for an actual $300 card which they didn't have.
I am near Dallas as well! The closest HEB is in Corsicana or Ennis! I was shocked that Dallas had no HEB's! I will keep my eye out to get some more for food and souvenirs. I paid for our trip this go around, and maybe another deal will come around. I also noticed that not all stores have the special or maybe they do it during different weeks. My Mom was going to try to get them in Lufkin, TX, but there ad mentioned nothing about it.

2006 Offsite, 2009 Yacht Club, 2010 Offsite, 2011 Coronado Springs, 2012 Old Key West, 2013 Port Orleans Riverside, 2013 First Trip to Disneyland! Embassy Suites North
Old 12-03-2012, 01:55 PM   #50
ValpoCory
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I am near Dallas as well! The closest HEB is in Corsicana or Ennis! I was shocked that Dallas had no HEB's! I will keep my eye out to get some more for food and souvenirs. I paid for our trip this go around, and maybe another deal will come around. I also noticed that not all stores have the special or maybe they do it during different weeks. My Mom was going to try to get them in Lufkin, TX, but there ad mentioned nothing about it.
Me too. I know about 10 years ago they had a few HEB Pantry stores, but those are gone now too.
Old 12-03-2012, 01:58 PM   #51
ValpoCory
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kthshh View Post
I live in the Dallas area and drove 30 minutes just to get this deal!
30 minutes? That's not long for Dallas. It can take an hour and a half to get some south Ft. Worth to McKinney.
Old 12-03-2012, 02:29 PM   #52
kthshh
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValpoCory View Post
30 minutes? That's not long for Dallas. It can take an hour and a half to get some south Ft. Worth to McKinney.
Yes, that's true. But if I was just going to make a grocery store run or just out to buy a gift card, I could be there in 5 minutes.

It seemed a little weird to drive out of my way for some gift cards, but the savings were more than worth it!!! I will be watching for this and will definitely do it again.
Old 12-03-2012, 03:31 PM   #53
wendow
DIS Veteran

Quote:
My Mom was going to try to get them in Lufkin, TX, but there ad mentioned nothing about it.
Tell your mom to go to the CS desk and ask for the coupon. My mom's store in Beaumont had no signs or anything up either so she went to the CS desk and they printed her out several coupons to use. We aren't going back to WDW for a bit so she got me Amazon and the Home Improvement gift card.

me , dh , dd14 , dd11 , ds5 , ds3
wendow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 05:30 PM   #54
msdaisy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendow

Tell your mom to go to the CS desk and ask for the coupon. My mom's store in Beaumont had no signs or anything up either so she went to the CS desk and they printed her out several coupons to use. We aren't going back to WDW for a bit so she got me Amazon and the Home Improvement gift card.
Thanks! Will do!!

2006 Offsite, 2009 Yacht Club, 2010 Offsite, 2011 Coronado Springs, 2012 Old Key West, 2013 Port Orleans Riverside, 2013 First Trip to Disneyland! Embassy Suites North
Old 12-03-2012, 06:29 PM   #55
wendow
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks! Will do!!
Sure! HEB actually ran this promo last year and I had my mom get us a bunch of gift cards at her store in Beaumont. The first time she went up to the store, there were no signs at all of this promo going on. I had read about it online and knew it was going on all over so I actually called HEB's 1-800# and spoke to someone about it. I got confirmation it was at all stores, the lady's name I spoke with and then gave the info to my mom. So, my mom went back to the store and spoke to the CS people, they called headquarters and then printed out the coupons. A lot of work but my mom did it. So, this time there were no signs again in her store of the promo so she went right to the CS desk and they knew about it but weren't putting the coupons out. So, they just printed them and gave her several. Not sure why some stores have the coupons everywhere around the gift cards and others don't but it should be at all stores.

me , dh , dd14 , dd11 , ds5 , ds3
wendow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 06:32 PM   #56
Cherene
Earning My Ears

I called the number on the Target card to ask about the discount and they said I should have got it. I drove an hour again today back to Target and tried again. It worked!!!!!!!!!! Definately not HEB discount by far but a discount . I can't believe these employee's said this. One even called the manager and she just said noop not anymore.
Cherene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 06:41 PM   #57
Cherene
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendow View Post
Yes, HEB's are only in TX and a few in Mexico.

I haven't bought a Disney gift card at Target in awhile. But that will stink if that policy has changed.

The only other discount I know of is the fuel rewards through Kroger chains or Safeway. Not sure where you live and if you have either of those stores. They are both giving 4x fuel rewards on gift cards right now.

No I don't have those stores around here. I live in NY. I sure wish I knew someone in Texas. I'm going on a trip right after Christmas.

I called the # on the back of the Red card and they said you still can get the discount on disney gift cards. I decided to drive to Target again and try. It worked! Why these employee's said this I don't know. I don't know why it would have worked one day and not the other STRANGE .
Cherene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:40 PM   #58
ValpoCory
DIS Veteran

I figured out a way to turn this 16.7% Disney Gift Card discount into a 20% discount. If you happened to take advantage of the HEB Cyber Monday $5 off $50 deal (it may still be available), you can print off as many copies of it as you want. And this coupon is stackable with the H-E-B coupons, even on Disney "entertainment" cards.

So I bought a $100 Disney Gift Card, used the coupon for $15 off, and then used the Cyber Monday print out email barcode for $5 more off. I paid $80, so 20% off. I repeated that a few times.

You could use the $5 off to get a $300 Gift Card for $245, but that is only a 18.3% discount. So it's best to do this $100 at a time.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:28 AM   #59
Uncle Remus
Raconteur
can't name 'em Jeb, George, and Barbara, these are GOOD dogs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValpoCory View Post
You should have saved $450, right? 9 $300 Gift Cards times $50 per card equals $450.
Had we done it that way, yes, but we bought 2 $50. cards and 1 $200. card in addition to 8 $300. cards.

We're still celebrating our savings, what a deal!
Old 12-04-2012, 09:00 AM   #60
ValpoCory
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Remus View Post
Had we done it that way, yes, but we bought 2 $50. cards and 1 $200. card in addition to 8 $300. cards.

We're still celebrating our savings, what a deal!
I hear you. Great savings. I bought $2100 for $1735, and had I realized the Cyber Monday deal stacked from the beginning, I could have bought 21 $100 Gift cards for $1680 total.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: