Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-03-2012, 02:23 PM   #31
darkwing818
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bound4wdw View Post
Beignets, po-boys, TIW card accepted" which is an exception for a moderate resort,". Boats to downtown Disney, I only wish we could stay there, we tend to stick to the values. You'll love it, and if you are like most people the sort has very little bearing on your vacation, if you live at the parks!
Beignets alone, make it worth to stay there . But honestly it's one of our favorite resorts after the Yacht club or the Boardwalk. Go with an open mind as opposed to a self fulfilling prophecy.
darkwing818 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:59 PM   #32
Keegansmommy
Mouseketeer

I always thought POFQ looked "boring" when I saw pictures on the Disney website. A few trips ago we decided to stay there because it's smaller size. We fell in love! This will be our 3rd trip staying there. The size is small and cozy. It has such a laid back feel to it. I love that it is not "Disney-in-your-face" all the time. Don't get me wrong, we love Pop for that reason, but it was a nice change.

So much fun we're going AGAIN!

1985 - offsite 2004 - All Star Music (honeymoon)
1991 - offsite 2006 - All Star Sports
1998 - offsite 2008 - Pop Century
2009 - Pop Century
2010 - Pop Century
2011 - Port Orleans French Quarter
2012 - Port Orleans French Quarter
2013 - Leaving New Year's Day! Surprise Christmas present for our boys. - Port Orleans French Quarter
Keegansmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-04-2012, 09:59 AM   #33
AuroraMeansDawn
DIS Veteran

I've stayed at AKL and POFQ and yes, they are really different so I understand that.

It may be blasphemy to say this but after about three nights we weren't really standing on the balcony and enjoying the animals as much. It was beautiful and all but I don't know that we'd return there. Been there, done that, yanno?

POFQ however we WILL return to because it's so wonderfully small and intimate, it has it's own bus line most of the time. There are great features to all the resorts but my favorite is coming off the bus, tired and with feet aching from a day full of fun and NOT having to hike to my room. Then being able to sink into a QUEEN sized bed in a rennovated room and NOT having to share a double with my DH. Then when I decide I want to grab my mug and pop over to the food court to grab a drink, I can be there inside 5 minutes anrood I can actually USE the features of the resort because I can get to them. I also loved having a courtyard view room and being able to step onto the beautifully groomed grounds to watch the bunnies in the early morning while I meandered back with my imitation Disney coffee or to watch the outdoor movies they screen on the big inflatable screen each evening.

It doesn't have BOMA or zebras but it has convenience and a friendly charm.
and we have family in NOLA so some of the details make us smile. It's like a scrubbed down version of the quarter. We always get a laugh out of visiting the food court and taking photos in front of the face from the floats that is blowing and we all mimic the expression. There is also fun entertainment in the lounge in the evening and lots of pretty benches where you can rest. The pool is fun, the hot tub crowd friendly, the walk to the more themed pool at Old Man Island isn't undoable, the boat ride home from DTD is charming and fun.

Maybe this link will help? http://www.portorleans.org/ A moderate so loved it has it's own website.
Nov 1991 Offsite - June 1997 Disneyland Paris - May 1999 Dixie Landings - Alligator Bayou - May 2000 Dixie Landings - Alligator Bayou - December 2008 - Animal Kingdom Lodge November 2010 POFQ - 25th Wedding Anniversary SSR with my Prince Charming - April 2011 - March 2013 Graduation Trip for my Boy at POFQ
AuroraMeansDawn is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: