Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2012, 12:08 PM   #3601
danimaroo
DIS Veteran

We returned from our trip yesterday and had the most magical time! We spent around 33 hours in the parks over a 2 1/2 day period, not counting time spent in Downtown Disney, so we hit things pretty hard.

I'm now paying for it as I have a sore throat and a pretty sore body.

Being a WDW vet and this being my first DL trip ever, I was very impressed and LOVED it.

WDW is still my home away from home, but we are going to be visiting DL at LEAST once per year, if not twice from here on out, and most definitely during the holiday season (but next time probably BEFORE Thanksgiving/December, or at least not during the CP).

I'll be writing a TR about it very soon (still wading through my 1500 photos I took), so maybe I'll post a link here once it's started.
Old 12-03-2012, 01:35 PM   #3602
Celestine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymum58 View Post
Hi! Our group of 5 will be on that tour as well.
I just noticed you're going the same dates as us from Canada too.
We're also NYE but at 1.15 , the other option was 1215. I'm guessing that would give us the earlier parade, but I don't know - did't realise they ran the tour 3 times/day!

Celestine

DVC Member since November 2007
Previous: 6 x Disney cruise inc EB PC repo'08, Baltics '10 & Venice Med '13
DL - 2008 & 2012
WDW - lucky enough to be losing count!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-03-2012, 03:47 PM   #3603
funatdisney
Disneyland, DH and my horses have a soothing effect on my soul, and always brings a smile on my face.

Hi all. Hubby and I went to DL for the weekend. I thought I would post a picture of the Candlelight t-shirts sold on event days. I did buy one for myself although we didn't attend the performance.

DVC member since 2007; SSR and VGC.

Old 12-03-2012, 07:17 PM   #3604
pbbecker
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ociana View Post
I just don't typically do many typical pictures on our trip and the idea of standing in line after rides at the ride photo booth sounds like no fun at all. I have only ever once bought a ride photo and that's cause my guys all made funny faces at once and it was just too perfect to pass up.

I was there last week and there were NO lines at any of the ride photo booths ever. If you have the card (which I didn't but wish I did have) maybe that would prompt your guys to plan on making more funny faces of different kinds on each ride. Just a thought.
Old 12-03-2012, 08:43 PM   #3605
dalstitch45
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by focusondisney View Post
Sherry, did you notice ay of the demitasse cup desserts this year? I saw the pictures from last year... they look so cute. They are on my souvenier list; I hope they still have them! Thanks!
I had one today at the Jolly Holiday Bakery. Hope this helps.
Old 12-03-2012, 10:51 PM   #3606
Avery's mom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by funatdisney View Post
Hi all. Hubby and I went to DL for the weekend. I thought I would post a picture of the Candlelight t-shirts sold on event days. I did buy one for myself although we didn't attend the performance.

Did you happen to notice if the sweatshirt was a hoodie with a zipper or a pullover? My DH loves to get a pullover every trip, and I'd love to get him THIS one!!

Thanks!

WDW - Coronado Springs - Oct. 2012
WDW - Art of Animation - Oct. 2012
Disney Dream - Oct. 2012
Disneyland Paris - May 2012
Disneyland Hotel - Feb. 2012
Disney Wonder - Nov. 2011
Disney Dream - Feb. 2011
WDW - ASM - Feb. 2011
WDW - ASM - Oct. 2010
WDW - OffSite - Dec. 2008
WDW - OffSite - Oct. 2006
Grand Californian - Oct. 2004
WDW - CBR - Oct 1993
WDW - Off-Site (first visit) - March 1992

Me DH DD DS
Old 12-03-2012, 10:56 PM   #3607
eeudj
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riniel View Post
Just want to chime in that I booked the 3:15 Holiday Tour for NYE bright & early this morning! So excited!! Hopefully our tour guide has some Moses-like crowd parting skills!

Has anyone been on the tour this year with a mini review to share? I'm most interested in what (if anything) they do at DCA.

Hi all we will be there too : ) all th way from Texas surprising our kids Xmas morning with a trip
Old 12-04-2012, 12:11 AM   #3608
funatdisney
Disneyland, DH and my horses have a soothing effect on my soul, and always brings a smile on my face.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avery's mom View Post
Did you happen to notice if the sweatshirt was a hoodie with a zipper or a pullover? My DH loves to get a pullover every trip, and I'd love to get him THIS one!!

Thanks!
Hi Avery's mom! I can't remember if it was a pull over or if was zippered. I think (I am not absolutely sure) it was a pullover. The other side has woman's shirts (curvy with a v-neck) and another item. There may be both. I was interested in the t-shirts. I have tons of jackets and sweaters from DL. I really don't need another.

Disney Parks Blog featured the design for Candlelight merchandise in one of their postings. Maybe they mentioned a list of items with the logo. You can read the posting by clicking on this link: Disney parks Blog 2012 Candlelight Ceremony Merchandise at Disneyland Park Hope that helps.

Old 12-04-2012, 12:29 AM   #3609
funatdisney

Oh I forgot to add the 2013 Sorcerer Mickey ornament I saw at the Acorn gift shop. The CM at the gift shop told me they have only been out for a week.

I didn't see this ornament at every shop that carried ornaments. May be a hard one to find but I think worth getting when you see. The ornaments at the Acorn gift shop were almost gone by the time I left the resort. I mean I bought two myself. (Sorcerer Mickey is my favorite and I have two Christmas trees)

Old 12-04-2012, 01:44 AM   #3610
Crazy4Disney06
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh I forgot to add the 2013 Sorcerer Mickey ornament I saw at the Acorn gift shop. The CM at the gift shop told me they have only been out for a week.

I didn't see this ornament at every shop that carried ornaments. May be a hard one to find but I think worth getting when you see. The ornaments at the Acorn gift shop were almost gone by the time I left the resort. I mean I bought two myself. (Sorcerer Mickey is my favorite and I have two Christmas trees)

This is a cute ornament, however this was my pet peeve at WDW last year.. Why the next year's dates on so many ornaments?
9-96 ~ WDW - Wilderness Lodge / 6-98 ~ DL (graduation gift) - FairField Inn/ 3-00 ~ DL (DisneyMoon) - Stovalls Inn / 5-03 ~ DL - Super 8/ 7-04 ~ DL - Hyatt Regency Orange County/ 8-21 - 8-27-07 ~ WDW - POP / 10/11 - 10/19/08 ~ WDW - CBR & Disney Wonder / DL ~ 10/5 - 10/9/09 Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel / 12/15 - 12/20/2011 ~ Our first Holiday Season with Mickey @ ASMu / Villas At Disney's Grand Californian Hotel ~ D 12/16 - 12/21/12 /Tinkerbell Half Marathon Weekend @ DL 1/16 - 1/20/14 / Next Up: Aulani Hawaiian Resort 8/24 - 8/30/14 / Tinkerbell Half Marathon Weekend @ DL 5/7 - 5/10/15

DVC Owners Since 3/2012
Old 12-04-2012, 06:07 AM   #3611
Bex258
Earning My Ears

I'm getting super excited for my trip now, I have a hotel booked to be at the parks ready for opening and I have my photo pass plus ordered and one of my freinds is coming with me now (I thought it was going to be more fo a solo trip). going to see how many photo's I can get, my third day (and last day) is down as "Any missed shows/parades/rides plus photo and shopping day".

I keep checking back to try and pre order our World of Color picnic and January isn't showing up on the options yet but it's under 30 days, is that just Disney being slow?

Also if Fantasmic and the parades are not listed for the begining of January by now I take it they aren't showing? I don't mind missing Fantasmic as I've seen it at WDW but my freinds never been to any Disney parks and it would have been nice to show her. I kinda hoped we would still have a parade, just missing Santa and Mrs Claus or something considering we are going before the 6th. (I'm doing DCA 2nd, DL 3rd and both on 4th)
First visit to Disneyland Jan 2013

Old 12-04-2012, 06:16 AM   #3612
Bex258
Earning My Ears

Quote:

OOOh that looks nice, I'm glad theres some 2013 bits out already seeing as I'm there in the first couple of days of the new year, thanks for the picture.
First visit to Disneyland Jan 2013

Old 12-04-2012, 08:27 AM   #3613
Eeee-va
Happiest robot on Earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bex258 View Post
I keep checking back to try and pre order our World of Color picnic and January isn't showing up on the options yet but it's under 30 days, is that just Disney being slow?
It could be Disney being slow. I haven't heard of them discontinuing the picnics, and I actually think they're offering similar picnic packages for Fantasmic! seating in Disney's Hollywood Studios in WDW. But that said, it's POSSIBLE they could discontinue them. They already stopped selling one of the meals (the only one I was interested in trying! ) So now the only reason I personally would buy a picnic would be if I couldn't get to the park by 11 AM or so that day. World of Color Fastpasses are easy to come by nowadays and even on a busy day, I think you can get them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bex258 View Post
Also if Fantasmic and the parades are not listed for the begining of January by now I take it they aren't showing? I don't mind missing Fantasmic as I've seen it at WDW but my freinds never been to any Disney parks and it would have been nice to show her. I kinda hoped we would still have a parade, just missing Santa and Mrs Claus or something considering we are going before the 6th. (I'm doing DCA 2nd, DL 3rd and both on 4th)
Disney is always slow in updating their calendars. Things are very much subject to change a month out so I wouldn't worry. I'm not sure if parades go down for a day or three to transition out from the Christmas parade to the regular parade? Either way, the 6th is still Christmastime if I recall correctly. And no promises, but Fantasmic! isn't scheduled to be down until the 7th. http://www.wdwinfo.com/disneyland/plan.htm#rehab

If the show isn't showing by the 6th suppose you could call the line for Fantasmic! dessert packages and ask if they're available on the 6th to confirm the show will be playing. Dining often has their schedules before the website.

Our Fantasmic! is more magical than WDW's, provided you can sit on the ground or stand, so I'd definitely see it if you can. Have a great trip!
Old 12-04-2012, 08:41 AM   #3614
tylerandalexsmom
Seriously addicted to Disney

Hey Sherry! In your photos from 11/12 in the merchandise photos (post 3451) you have a photo of a Christmas tshirt (red - says "The merriest place on Earth - 2012") Do you know if it was available in kids sizes (youth)? Or just Adults? Or does anyone else know?

So exicted - we will be there in 15 days!!!!!
MK Dec 1972 (me) WDW/All Star Movies May 2003 WDW/All Star Movies Apr 2007 WDW/NSSHP/Caribbean Beach Resort (Pirate room!) Sept 2009 Polynesian/Dream Cruise/WDW/CBR Pirate room Oct 2011 WDW Christmas 2011

Old 12-04-2012, 09:04 AM   #3615
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by danimaroo
We returned from our trip yesterday and had the most magical time! We spent around 33 hours in the parks over a 2 1/2 day period, not counting time spent in Downtown Disney, so we hit things pretty hard.

I'm now paying for it as I have a sore throat and a pretty sore body.

Being a WDW vet and this being my first DL trip ever, I was very impressed and LOVED it.

WDW is still my home away from home, but we are going to be visiting DL at LEAST once per year, if not twice from here on out, and most definitely during the holiday season (but next time probably BEFORE Thanksgiving/December, or at least not during the CP).

I'll be writing a TR about it very soon (still wading through my 1500 photos I took), so maybe I'll post a link here once it's started.
Please post a link! We are WDW vets as well who now hold a special affection for DL. I'd live to share your trip.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: