Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-2012, 09:12 AM   #16
Herfnerd
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by navysaylorgirl View Post
Paul's is taking the DDP. And I believe that it's named the way it is because there already exists a Paul Bocuse restaurant in Lyons, France. We have reservations for 12/23. I'll post info when I come back.
Just curious as to whether you booked under Monsieur Paul as I can't get onto the Disney Dining & Reservation site at the moment. We have ADR's for BdP in January - just not sure if it will transfer over to the new name...
Old 12-04-2012, 09:24 AM   #17
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't

Im VERY excited about this restaurant. I LOVE the food in France! I cant wait to dine here. Thanks for posting!

For those with ADRs, PLEASE post reviews with pics. Thanks!

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW

I've been BOO'ED by Forum Jumper!!!
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-04-2012, 10:03 AM   #18
Cousin Orville
Inventor of Air Cooling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herfnerd View Post
Just curious as to whether you booked under Monsieur Paul as I can't get onto the Disney Dining & Reservation site at the moment. We have ADR's for BdP in January - just not sure if it will transfer over to the new name...
Surely. We have one for BdP on Christmas. A bit of a gamble, but I'm hoping it will still be great

ABD DIS Backstage Magic Dec 2014
Norwegian Fjords on the Magic Jun 2015
ABD Australia Jul 2015
Cousin Orville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:48 AM   #19
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

You cannot currently book reservations under the name Monseiur Paul on the Disney site, but you can book under Bistro de Paris.

I am assuming they will transfer over as there is no longer any such thing as Bistro de Paris, they probably just haven't gotten around to changing the name on the website yet.
Old 12-04-2012, 11:56 AM   #20
DVC Kathy
Mouseketeer

DH and I still have an ADR for the 7th. According to cast members at Dining it is still in the system for Bistro de Paris. If I try to schedule another ADR for that date/time, the online system tells me I already have one at Bistro and asks if I want to cancel it.

We'll see what happens on Friday......

DVC Kathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 01:10 PM   #21
Gator Kate

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cousin Orville View Post
Surely. We have one for BdP on Christmas. A bit of a gamble, but I'm hoping it will still be great
Us too! Just wish they'd post the menu before then.
Old 12-06-2012, 03:35 PM   #22
DrivnMeUpTheWall-E
Earning My Gears

Does anyone have any info on the hours of this place? The website says it is only open until 8:35pm, but it allowed me to make an ADR for 9pm. I am hoping this wasn't a glitch and my reservation is valid.

DrivnMeUpTheWall-E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:55 PM   #23
drclaws
I'd rather be Mousing!

Foollowing up on DVC Kathy's post above about when Paul's will REALLY open and a warning to anyone who believes they have reservation between now and next Thursday!

We had confirmed reservations to Paul's for tonight. Verified twice with Dining since we knew there had been reassignments due to the renovation. As of last week we remained confirmed only to go tonight to scare the heck out of a WDW techie. Hey, the door was open, we had a confirmed ressie... He directed us to Chefs and the young lady hostess was quite dismissive telling us that she had charged ALL the reservations. Hmm, the couple in line in front of us had the same problem we did and we never received any e-mail notification She added us to the wait list and indicated that we'd be seated after everyone else. Asked to speak with a manager and explained the story to him. Not to jump in front of everyone, because we were ready to walk at that point. He told us to stay and we were seat not long after. No apology, no attempt to determine the problem and we were rushed through dinner it seemed, a the entrees arrive before the appetizer were finished. Maybe it's that way normally, but wasn't that way the later time there.

On the way out of the park we were stopped by a survey team asking if we had dined at EPCOT tonight. He encouraged us to stop by Guest Services to let them know.

Long story short, when GS pulled up our reservation number it showed us for Paul's at 6:00. He ended up sending a copy of the screen print to the doing reservation manager who had no idea that this was happening.

So....if you have a reservation at Paul's through next Thursday (the latest rumored opening date) contact WDW Dining to have them check. I have a feeling there will be some serious scrambling being done tomorrow by them.

Kudos to Guest Services. They were all over this. Chef's manager and hostess this evening...not so much.
drclaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 01:35 AM   #24
DrivnMeUpTheWall-E
Earning My Gears

drclaws, Thank you so much for posting! I am a little more nervous for my Dec 14th ressie, but I think I will swing by Guest Services on our first day and check how the opening is going.

It's good to know they are aware of the issue, now!

DrivnMeUpTheWall-E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 07:35 AM   #25
Marthasor
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by drclaws View Post
Foollowing up on DVC Kathy's post above about when Paul's will REALLY open and a warning to anyone who believes they have reservation between now and next Thursday!

We had confirmed reservations to Paul's for tonight. Verified twice with Dining since we knew there had been reassignments due to the renovation. As of last week we remained confirmed only to go tonight to scare the heck out of a WDW techie. Hey, the door was open, we had a confirmed ressie... He directed us to Chefs and the young lady hostess was quite dismissive telling us that she had charged ALL the reservations. Hmm, the couple in line in front of us had the same problem we did and we never received any e-mail notification She added us to the wait list and indicated that we'd be seated after everyone else. Asked to speak with a manager and explained the story to him. Not to jump in front of everyone, because we were ready to walk at that point. He told us to stay and we were seat not long after. No apology, no attempt to determine the problem and we were rushed through dinner it seemed, a the entrees arrive before the appetizer were finished. Maybe it's that way normally, but wasn't that way the later time there.

On the way out of the park we were stopped by a survey team asking if we had dined at EPCOT tonight. He encouraged us to stop by Guest Services to let them know.

Long story short, when GS pulled up our reservation number it showed us for Paul's at 6:00. He ended up sending a copy of the screen print to the doing reservation manager who had no idea that this was happening.

So....if you have a reservation at Paul's through next Thursday (the latest rumored opening date) contact WDW Dining to have them check. I have a feeling there will be some serious scrambling being done tomorrow by them.

Kudos to Guest Services. They were all over this. Chef's manager and hostess this evening...not so much.
Wow! Thank you for posting this. We have a reservation for "Bistro de Paris" for Dec. 15 and I'm a little nervous as well. I was actually trying to get an earlier time and while poking around the reservation system, it doesn't seem like BdP OR Monsieur Paul is even in there anymore. I just looked again and the site is down for maintenance - maybe they are fixing this now? I guess I better re-confirm our ADR's before we leave on Thursday.

It sounds like you handled this situation very nicely and I thank you for following up with guest services and trying to clear this up so others don't have the same experience you have.
Marthasor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 11:07 AM   #26
ms mouse
DIS Veteran

We also have a reservation within the next 10 days, hoping people will update when it opens and a menu. Thanks
ms mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 11:32 AM   #27
Kae
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms mouse View Post
We also have a reservation within the next 10 days, hoping people will update when it opens and a menu. Thanks
Have you seen this one?

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dinin...staurant.id=79

Kae
Oct 1999-POFQ May 1996-AS Music May 1994-Travel Lodge DTD Dec 1971-Contemporary
DisneyLand-March 2006
Kae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 12:02 PM   #28
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

Thank you for posting the menu- first time I've had the chance to see it. Hope it tastes as good as it looks.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:07 AM   #29
BEASLYBOO
It's part of the charm
They go through some serious mayo there

Interesting menu, can't wait to read the 1st few reviews.

As far as the current reservations, I wouldn't want Chefs but I guess it's better than going hungry or finding a different venue at the last minute.

February 15th -18th, 2014 - OKW-GV
BEASLYBOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:37 PM   #30
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran

Is this one or two TS credits?

ASMU/POR Dec 16-22, 2012 & POFQ Sept 8-15, 2013
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012
bluejasmine is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: