Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-03-2012, 11:58 AM   #91
tb1972
DIS Veteran

Love your BC pics! They make me even more excited for our first stay there in May.

Congrats on the engagement!

tb1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:19 PM   #92
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

I'm joining in! We were there just a couple of weeks after y'all. October is such a great time to go! And congrats on your engagement! I can't wait to read the story of how that unfolded in the parks. Your pics from Beaches & Cream made me really kick myself for not getting over there for a meal and/or dessert on our trip! I will just have to make sure it has a firm spot on the agenda for next year's trip. The pictures from the BC lobby & pool are just stunning. Franklin is pretty darn talented with that camera!!

Oh, and on our trip, we went to our first Eat to the Beat concerts to see my absolute favorite band, Hanson! Sugar Ray looked like lots of fun too. Unfortunately we were not in Epcot any more evenings that week, so we didn't get to see any of the other performers.
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge TR | SEPTEMBER 2014 // ABD DIS Exclusive Viva Italia & Disneyland Paris Show No Fear! DIS Exclusive Viva Italia + DLP Sept 2014 | MARCH 2015 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove | OCTOBER 2015 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal | FEBRUARY 2016 // ??
khertz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-04-2012, 08:17 AM   #93
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tb1972 View Post
Love your BC pics! They make me even more excited for our first stay there in May.

Congrats on the engagement!
Thank you!!! You will love BC, it is a gorgeous resort with LOTS to do. Can't wait to hear all about your trip! When are you going in May? We'll be at BLT the first week that month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
I'm joining in! We were there just a couple of weeks after y'all. October is such a great time to go! And congrats on your engagement! I can't wait to read the story of how that unfolded in the parks. Your pics from Beaches & Cream made me really kick myself for not getting over there for a meal and/or dessert on our trip! I will just have to make sure it has a firm spot on the agenda for next year's trip. The pictures from the BC lobby & pool are just stunning. Franklin is pretty darn talented with that camera!!

Oh, and on our trip, we went to our first Eat to the Beat concerts to see my absolute favorite band, Hanson! Sugar Ray looked like lots of fun too. Unfortunately we were not in Epcot any more evenings that week, so we didn't get to see any of the other performers.

Thanks for joining in on the fun! October has really become our favorite time of year to visit Disney World. The Food and Wine Festival is so much fun and so are the Halloween parties. And I just love the fall decorations in the parks.

You should really plan to pop into Beaches and Cream for lunch one day during your next trip. The food is really yummy and it's a fun restaurant! My only advice would be to go either early in the lunch hour (around 11) or wait until 2ish. Noon and 1 p.m. can get pretty crazy in there.

I've heard many stories about how crazy the Hanson Eat to the Beat concerts can get. Do people really get in line as soon as the World Showcase opens at 11? Sugar Ray was lots of fun, the concerts are just such a fun bonus to the whole Festival.

'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/11 -- CR, 3/12 -- Windsor Hills, 10/12 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/13 -- BWV, 5/13 -- BLT, 10/13 -- YC CL, 5/14 -- BWV, 08/14 -- VGF/BLT, 12/14 -- BWV, 4/15 -- BLT, 10/15 -- BWV

Missyrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 02:26 PM   #94
khertz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyrose

Thanks for joining in on the fun! October has really become our favorite time of year to visit Disney World. The Food and Wine Festival is so much fun and so are the Halloween parties. And I just love the fall decorations in the parks.

You should really plan to pop into Beaches and Cream for lunch one day during your next trip. The food is really yummy and it's a fun restaurant! My only advice would be to go either early in the lunch hour (around 11) or wait until 2ish. Noon and 1 p.m. can get pretty crazy in there.

I've heard many stories about how crazy the Hanson Eat to the Beat concerts can get. Do people really get in line as soon as the World Showcase opens at 11? Sugar Ray was lots of fun, the concerts are just such a fun bonus to the whole Festival.
We are usually early eaters so getting there for lunch at 11 shouldn't ever be a problem. Thanks for the advice!

And yes people do line up that early for Hanson! We saw a couple girls at the rope before we were let into world showcase heading over there at 11 am! I love Hanson but I got out of the phase of sitting in line for them all day about 10 years ago. Lol
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge TR | SEPTEMBER 2014 // ABD DIS Exclusive Viva Italia & Disneyland Paris Show No Fear! DIS Exclusive Viva Italia + DLP Sept 2014 | MARCH 2015 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove | OCTOBER 2015 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal | FEBRUARY 2016 // ??
Old 12-04-2012, 02:41 PM   #95
tb1972
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Thank you!!! You will love BC, it is a gorgeous resort with LOTS to do. Can't wait to hear all about your trip! When are you going in May? We'll be at BLT the first week that month.

We're going the day after the kids get out of school - May 25th to June 1st.

I miss the World since we vacationed at Disney's Vero Beach last trip. Don't get me wrong,VB is fantastic but I also love the parks! VB has the laid back beachy vibe which is the opposite of WDW. Both places are fun in their own unique way.

tb1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 06:00 PM   #96
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyrose View Post

Another busy couple of weeks in our lives. My schedule has now changed again for what I hope is the final time. My new off days are Friday and Saturday, which makes me feel almost like a normal person!

In wedding news, we've booked our photographers. Franklin took the lead on this one, asking lots of photography questions that went right over my head (I, on the other hand, got to look at lots of the pretty galleries of photos they brought).

And I said yes to the dress yesterday! After a half-dozen boutiques and 50+ dresses tried, I found THE ONE. We had gone back to one of the first boutiques I had gone to to try on the one dress I had actually loved, but I also wanted to try on some different-shaped dresses that we hadn't tried the first time. It really was that cheesy, movie moment where I put the dress on and just knew. I loved the dress so much that I didn't even need to try on the dress that I had come back specifically to try.

I'd go into more detail, but someone who isn't supposed to know anything before the wedding day, might stumble upon the details.

YAY for having an almost normal schedule!!! That has got to feel strange, and GOOD. And great timing with the wedding coming up too! Makes planning a whole lot easier I'm sure.

CONGRATS on the dress!!! Oh man, I cannot wait to see pictures! How very fun that you had "that moment". I never did when I was wedding dress shopping! I basically went in, tried on 3 and picked one! But, I liked it, and it worked--and it was in my budget! I do wish I would have had more time to hunt around some, to find "it", but all well! May for a future vow renewal.
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
brookelizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:14 PM   #97
PrincessAmongPrinces
Mouseketeer

Hi! I'm still here reading along and loving all of Franklin's pictures! Can't wait to hear more!

And, I don't want to give anything away, but y'all - Missy's wedding dress is just STUNNING!! Her wedding is just going to be amazing!
PrincessAmongPrinces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 08:33 PM   #98
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
We are usually early eaters so getting there for lunch at 11 shouldn't ever be a problem. Thanks for the advice!

And yes people do line up that early for Hanson! We saw a couple girls at the rope before we were let into world showcase heading over there at 11 am! I love Hanson but I got out of the phase of sitting in line for them all day about 10 years ago. Lol
I'm all for super-fandom, but sitting in line all day at Epcot seems like such a waste of precious Disney time!

Glad to help on Beaches and Cream, can't wait to hear what you think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tb1972 View Post
We're going the day after the kids get out of school - May 25th to June 1st.

I miss the World since we vacationed at Disney's Vero Beach last trip. Don't get me wrong,VB is fantastic but I also love the parks! VB has the laid back beachy vibe which is the opposite of WDW. Both places are fun in their own unique way.
Nice! It should still be fairly quiet in the parks at that point. I'm torn when it comes to VB and Hilton Head. My family has a beach house in Ocean City (Md.) and a vacation home in Longboat Key, Fla., so when it comes to beach/coast vacations we're pretty set (in houses that I absolutely love!). So while I'd like to try those DVC properties, I'd probably save my precious points for WDW/DL/Aulani instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
YAY for having an almost normal schedule!!! That has got to feel strange, and GOOD. And great timing with the wedding coming up too! Makes planning a whole lot easier I'm sure.

CONGRATS on the dress!!! Oh man, I cannot wait to see pictures! How very fun that you had "that moment". I never did when I was wedding dress shopping! I basically went in, tried on 3 and picked one! But, I liked it, and it worked--and it was in my budget! I do wish I would have had more time to hunt around some, to find "it", but all well! May for a future vow renewal.
The new schedule is simply amazing. It has felt so incredible to just BE OFF these past two Saturdays. I basically hadn't had a Saturday off that wasn't a vacation day in almost seven years. So it's really nice to have a whole day off that's the same as Franklin's and it will make some of this wedding planning so much easier.

Finding the dress was an unbelievable experience. I really didn't think I'd have "the moment" because I'm typically such a logical, level-headed person. But I loooooooove this dress. And truth be told, I may pull the picture out from time to time and just admire the dress.

So this vow renewal... would it be a Disney vow renewal? Perhaps with all of your bestest Disney friends in attendance????

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessAmongPrinces View Post
Hi! I'm still here reading along and loving all of Franklin's pictures! Can't wait to hear more!

And, I don't want to give anything away, but y'all - Missy's wedding dress is just STUNNING!! Her wedding is just going to be amazing!
Glad you're still here Kel!

'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/11 -- CR, 3/12 -- Windsor Hills, 10/12 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/13 -- BWV, 5/13 -- BLT, 10/13 -- YC CL, 5/14 -- BWV, 08/14 -- VGF/BLT, 12/14 -- BWV, 4/15 -- BLT, 10/15 -- BWV

Old 12-09-2012, 08:39 PM   #99
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

An Attack of Snacks

Hello friends! It’s been a while, so let’s catch up a bit. We last left off with some truly tasty Food and Wine Festival fun and an Eat to the Beat concert with Sugar Ray.

As the concert let out, I needed to find a bathroom. So I took off and shouted over my shoulder to Franklin that I was heading for Morocco. Except I wasn’t actually heading to Morocco, it was actually Italy and the building just looks like Morocco in the distance. I don’t think I even made it to Italy, I ended up stopping in Germany. So when I came out, I realized I was nowhere near where I had told Franklin to meet me. Where was he?

In Morocco, right where I told him to meet me. The problem in this scenario was I had left my cellphone in Franklin’s bag to charge, so we had no way to communicate. So I began doing laps in the World Showcase looking for Franklin and he began doing the same. Eventually, we found each other (and thank goodness for my new workout regime that gave me the energy for a few trips around the WS!), but we were now running late for a very important date.

You see, way back when, this trip was supposed to begin on October 6. But the Disney Food Blog announced it would be having its annual Snack Attack party on October 3. I called Franklin from work that day and said that we had enough DVC points for the extra days to extend our trip and it would only cost $50 to change our flights. And what was his response? “Let’s do it.” I love that man, A LOT.

Originally, the party was supposed to be held outside over near England, but some on and off rain forced the party indoors. So we trekked over to the Odyssey building where we would eat, eat, eat and eat some more.

What is the Snack Attack party you ask? AJ, the super-cool goddess in charge of the Disney Food Blog caters a party with all of those iconic Disney World snacks that everyone loves.

Seriously, this party was amazing. Every Disney snack I had ever hoped to try was under one roof and completely accessible to me.

Just snacks as far as the eye could see. Oh Disney food, how I love you.

We grabbed a seat and began mingling with lots of fun Disney-loving folks.

What snacks did we try?

Zebra domes from Animal Kingdom Lodge:

Red velvet cheesecake cupcakes from Starring Rolls:

School bread from Norway:

Carrot cake cookies from Starring Rolls:

Cupcakes from BabyCakes:

Butterfinger cupcakes from Starring Rolls and Contempo Cafe:

Cheesecake brownies from Boardwalk Bakery:

And here’s our look at our understated plates.

There were also the more common Disney snacks Mickey bars and popcorn.

My quick review of the snacks... My unexpected favorite was the carrot cake cookie. I’m not all that big a carrot cake fan, but wow, that cookie is just freaking amazing.

Franklin’s favorite was the school bread (he’s a sucker for coconuts).

My most disappointing snack were the BabyCakes cupcakes, I had heard such good things about the vegan cupcakes, but they just weren’t all that flavorful.

Franklin’s most disappointing was the cheesecake brownies from Boardwalk Bakery, he said both the cheesecake and the brownie were dry.

As we all finished eating, AJ rounded everybody up to take us to the Illuminations viewing location. We definitely grabbed some of that delicious Disney popcorn for the show. That’s where we’ll stop for now. But let me tease you by saying Franklin + Preferred Iluminations viewing = Primo fireworks pictures! So let’s hear it friends, after seeing all of those delicious snacks, what is your favorite Disney snack and what Disney snack are you dying to try?

Last edited by Missyrose; 12-11-2012 at 06:55 AM.
Old 12-09-2012, 08:49 PM   #100
CandleontheWater
Forever in love with Hathaway Browne

Gosh that snack party looks like so much fun! What an awesome idea to have all the best Disney snacks in one place. I'm with you though, I don't understand the hype over the babycakes cupcakes. I think they are kinda gross. Give me the chocolate peanut butter cupcake from the contempo cafe any day!
CandleontheWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:08 PM   #101
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Mmmmm... those snacks look AMAZING!!!

A couple of questions- were all of the snacks sweet treats, or were there any savory items (other than the popcorn)?

Full sized treats or were some of them made in a smaller version? Like the school bread and the carrot cake cookies are ginormous when you buy them in the parks, so it would be nice to have a bite size version when you are sampling all those goodies.

Snacks I need to try- I need to give the popcorn another shot. The only time I have had it was at Fantasmic and it was a bit stale. And I hear really good things about the pretzels- would love to try the Jalapeno cheese one.

I'm a big fan of the Dole Whip, and a trip to Disney is not complete without a Mickey Bar. Another yummy snack is the Strawberry Shortcake at Sunshine Seasons.

Although I share Franklin's adoration for anything coconut, the schoolbread I tried once didn't blow me away.

The story about getting separated from Franklin was amusing. I hope it was not too stressful at the time.

One of my big phobias, honestly, is a fear of getting separated from my group/family. Cell phones and technology are great, but not foolproof, so I like to have a Plan A AND a Plan B whenever we split up. Ben and I were separated from Mark and Nate, literally, when we were at Islands of Adventure- we were in Jurassic Park and they were in the Wizarding World, which was closed to new entries because it was too full. We didn't have cell phones because this was a wet ride day for us. I freaked out a tiny bit, and a really sympathetic Team Member let Ben and me sneak in before our time entry was valid!!!

Last edited by natebenma; 12-10-2012 at 05:43 AM.
natebenma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:46 AM   #102
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Quote:
[CENTER]

So this vow renewal... would it be a Disney vow renewal? Perhaps with all of your bestest Disney friends in attendance????
Of course! I think we'd actually do it on DCL...Castaway Cay...paradise! We haven't ever talked about it, but a girl can dream, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessAmongPrinces View Post
I can't wait to see it!!!!

Quote:
Seriously, this party was amazing. Every Disney snack I had ever hoped to try was under one roof and completely accessible to me.
Oh my word...and they were in MINI form. Heaven. That is only truly amazing party!!! I think I would have to try everything!

Cannot wait to see the Illuminations pics!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
brookelizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:53 AM   #103
khertz

That snack party looks awesome!! I was pretty much drooling over all your pictures. Those carrot cake cookies & the red velvet cupcakes look amazing!

I'm so glad you posted a picture of AJ! I hear her a lot on the WDW Today podcast, and she doesn't look like what I pictured, but now that I see her, she matches her voice. Nice to put a face to her now for when I listen! I'm surprised there was no plastic cheese at this event if she was putting it together!

Can't wait to see the IllumiNations pictures!!!
Old 12-10-2012, 02:08 PM   #104
PrincessAmongPrinces
Mouseketeer

Quote:

But let me tease you by saying Franklin + Preferred Iluminations viewing = Primo fireworks pictures!

So let’s hear it friends, after seeing all of those delicious snacks, what is your favorite Disney snack and what Disney snack are you dying to try?
The Snack Attack party sounds awesome!

I can't even wait to see Franklin's pictures. He is so amazing, so I know these must be breathtaking!!

I really want to try School Bread! I've heard great thing about it here on the Dis, so I will definitely have to get some next time!
PrincessAmongPrinces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 03:16 PM   #105
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

First, congratulations on finding your dress!! So exciting

Second, I think I gained weight just looking at all of those snacks! Everything looks delicious. We had an event in the Odyssey building before, it was nice.

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR*November 2014 - AKL Kidani Village for E's First Trip!

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Disney9.9.10 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: