Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-02-2012, 07:56 PM   #1
Minkyboodle
Earning My Ears
 
Minkyboodle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 14

Booking spa treatments

This is my first post on the forum after lurking for a while. I did some searching, but I'm still not very clear on spa deals.

We will be taking our first cruise (Disney or otherwise) in April. We've booked a 4 nighter on the Dream. I'm treating myself to a spa treatment while onboard, but had a few questions...

I've heard that they occasionally offer specials while in port, or on other days. Is this something they update daily, or will they have them posted for all 5 days? I really want a massage, but it seems they also do combo deals for almost the same price. I don't want to miss my chance to splurge by having everything booked up, but if I can save some money, that would be a plus!

Basically, should I book something at my 75 days or just wait for a good deal to come up on the ship. I'm definitely feeling indecisive here and these boards have been a HUGE source of info.

Thanks in advance!
__________________
Minkyboodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 08:03 PM   #2
engle
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 2,108

If you have your heart set on a specific treatment than book 75 days out for sure. DH and I have always had good luck getting one of the deals you spoke of....massages with facials, scalp massage combos with foot and ankle massages....if you look thru old navigators, you can see some of the specials they offer and they are some really good deals. If you just want something spa wise and don't really mind the combo and can be somewhat flexible with times, I say wait.....the deals are great.
engle is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 12-03-2012, 03:49 AM   #3
Minkyboodle
Earning My Ears
 
Minkyboodle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 14

Thank you so much! I think I'll definitely wait for some deals on the ship.
__________________
Minkyboodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 05:47 AM   #4
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran
 
luv2sleep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Southern California
Posts: 4,711

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minkyboodle
This is my first post on the forum after lurking for a while. I did some searching, but I'm still not very clear on spa deals.

We will be taking our first cruise (Disney or otherwise) in April. We've booked a 4 nighter on the Dream. I'm treating myself to a spa treatment while onboard, but had a few questions...

I've heard that they occasionally offer specials while in port, or on other days. Is this something they update daily, or will they have them posted for all 5 days? I really want a massage, but it seems they also do combo deals for almost the same price. I don't want to miss my chance to splurge by having everything booked up, but if I can save some money, that would be a plus!

Basically, should I book something at my 75 days or just wait for a good deal to come up on the ship. I'm definitely feeling indecisive here and these boards have been a HUGE source of info.

Thanks in advance!
If you want something special like Alone Time I'd book it now just in case all the slots are taken on the ship (likely not). When you get in board you can change it to another time (more time slots available after you board) or cancel it and book different treatments. It's ok to cancel/change even the day before when on board but you might be charged for it before boarding. They will reverse those charges though so that's not a big issue. They have specials the day of sailing and every day afterwards. They are listed in your navigator. There's usually availability so from now I wait to book until after I board and not before.
__________________
luv2sleep is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 06:54 AM   #5
phoenixleigh
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 109

Unfortunately there is no "Alone time" on the dream. :`(
__________________
phoenixleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:00 PM   #6
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran
 
luv2sleep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Southern California
Posts: 4,711

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixleigh
Unfortunately there is no "Alone time" on the dream. :`(
No spa villas either?
__________________
luv2sleep is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:15 PM   #7
phoenixleigh
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 109

I saw that there were couples villas but DH doesn't like massages
__________________
phoenixleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:59 AM   #8
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran
 
luv2sleep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Southern California
Posts: 4,711

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixleigh
I saw that there were couples villas but DH doesn't like massages
I haven't been to FL yet to sail on a Dream class ship so I don't know their spa offerings. The Wonder had massage villas for single sand adults. The Dream/Fantasy only have them for couples? That's sad of that's the case.
__________________
luv2sleep is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 06:20 AM   #9
standardgirl
believing in magic
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 164

Be careful pre-booking online though - i believe what you book online becomes non-refundable after the online booking closes before you sail. Unless DCL has changed their policies, spa and excursions booked online can't be changed or canceled onboard.
__________________
DVC Member Aulani (2012) & VGF (2013)
Upcoming Disney holidays...

2009 Bahamas Wonder | 2010 Mediterranean Magic | 2011 Alaska Wonder | 2012 Canada Magic | 2013 Western Fantasy
Tokyo x2 | California x2 | Florida WDW x6 | Hong Kong x1 | Paris Disneyland in planning
2013 ABD Peru

wendy rich dale tinker dora | purring forever chip (2003-2007)
standardgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 06:51 AM   #10
dharma517
Mouseketeer
 
dharma517's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 345

If I want to pay for a spa treatment with cash instead of charging it to my KTTW card can I?
dharma517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:07 AM   #11
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran
 
luv2sleep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Southern California
Posts: 4,711

Quote:
Originally Posted by standardgirl
Be careful pre-booking online though - i believe what you book online becomes non-refundable after the online booking closes before you sail. Unless DCL has changed their policies, spa and excursions booked online can't be changed or canceled onboard.
I canceled something I had booked online. It wasn't an issue.
__________________
luv2sleep is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:08 AM   #12
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran
 
luv2sleep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Southern California
Posts: 4,711

Quote:
Originally Posted by dharma517
If I want to pay for a spa treatment with cash instead of charging it to my KTTW card can I?
No. It's only through your KTTW card.
__________________
luv2sleep is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:13 AM   #13
kaseyC


Mother of Three Lovely Princesses
DVC Owner - BWV
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Lake Villa, IL
Posts: 4,122

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2sleep View Post
I haven't been to FL yet to sail on a Dream class ship so I don't know their spa offerings. The Wonder had massage villas for single sand adults. The Dream/Fantasy only have them for couples? That's sad of that's the case.
Yes, the Dream/Fantasy only have couples' villas. Very disappointing. I'm looking forward to our TA on the Magic in May so I can have my Alone Time treatment again.
__________________
BC/ Disney Wonder 2000 ~ Poly Concierge 2002 ~ BC Concierge 2003 ~ SSR 2004 ~ BWV 2005 ~ WL Concierge 2006 ~ Disney Wonder/BWV 2006 ~ BWV 2007 ~ Disney Magic Trans-Atlantic Repo 2007 ~ Disney Magic W. Caribbean 2007 ~ AKV 2008 ~ BWV F&WF 2008 ~ Poly CL 2008/2009 ~ BCV/ Disney Magic E. Caribbean 2009 ~ BWV 2010 ~ AKV/ Disney Dream B2B 2011~ BW Flower & Garden Weekend 2011 ~ BLT 2012 ~ Disney Fantasy E. Caribbean 2012 ~ Disney Magic EBTA 2013 ~ Disneyland Paris 2013 ~ Disney Magic EBTA 2014

kaseyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:39 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.