Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-03-2012, 10:02 PM   #211
MarieTheCat24
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfreak508 View Post
Perfect way to explain the whole situation.

Oh my God. Just... yes. Geez, I have missed your updates. SO MUCH LAUGHTER.

Why the heck did they get rid of a FOOD RELATED attraction? Like really? Food + Disney Ride = Pure Genius.
I use "dishonor on your cow" way too much IRL. It's just such a great line and it's applicable in so many situations.

Ahhh. I'm really going to try hard to update more regularly from now on, so hopefully there will be plenty of laughter ahead.

Right? How anyone could even think of removing an attraction featuring a singing carton of milk (let alone actually doing it) baffles me. Food >>>> everything else.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiesalad View Post
Your breakfast is perfect by Disney standards. PERFECT!
Shame on the others!

Ahhh I got the cheshire cat pillow pet my last trip!
It's so freakin comfy it's ridiculous!
Seriously made the 20hr flight back so much more bearable!

I always forget how creepy old style Mickey and Minnie actually were.
That is probably for the best...

Have to have a meeting at work tomorrow, pretty sure I should try and track down a long pointed stick beforehand. That's clearly what the people want.
Ah, I wanted the Cheshire Cat pillow pet too because I'm a big Alice in Wonderland fan, but I was like "I am a twenty two year old woman. I cannot come home with a farm full of pillow pets."

Yeah, they were super creepy back then. I like my mice fully clothed and not looking like they might murder me in my sleep.

I really hope you did track down that stick. It is what the people want.
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyergrad09 View Post
Maybe it's the different perspectives in your breakfast pictures, but the croissant and banana picture looks so sad!

That Bullseye pillow pet is so cute! And very useful.

I cried during that film of Walt Disney too. I don't even remember why or what part, but I think I'm going to blame Julie Andrews.
I know, right? I feel like it's the woe is me, womp womp womp wooooooomp sound effect in picture form.

Totally. That woman could narrate a session of Congress or something and it would leave me in tears. She's perfect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by onelilspark View Post
When my cousin and I went down together, we split two cupcakes for breakfast (obviously so we could try more than one cupcake and each still get a full cupcake.) Everyone we walked by who had ordinary breakfasts were jealous that we were smart enough to get cupcakes.

I told my husband I want a Dumbo Pillow Pet for Christmas. It's literally the one thing I'm asking for. I don't think he believes that I'm serious.
That's a really good idea. I need to convince someone to split a second cupcake with me next time. Of course they'll probably say no because they really want a bagel or something. Lame-os.

The Dumbo pillow pets are adorable! I really hope you get one!
Old 12-03-2012, 10:25 PM   #212
MarieTheCat24
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by __disneygirl View Post
I do not know what those things are on your mom's plate. Is Disney making cupcakes half moon shaped now? Cause I'm down for that but I don't see a dollop of anything on it so I'm confused.

OMG I just had a terrifying thought when you mentioned what your desk will look like when it's on display. I plan to be internationally famous so I assume a lot of my stuff will be on display after my death and I'm pretty horrified by that. I can not even begin to explain the colossal mess that is my desk. Right now there is JUST enough space for me to have my laptop on here and the rest of it is just packed with crap. Of course by the time you and I reach global fame everything we do will be considered genius, so people will probably just think our messes are art. Problem solved!

"Let's fly high, buddy!!!!"

Itís a shame that pointing at stuff with giant sticks isnít really a thing we do anymore. KSJHKSDJHFLASKDJFHALSDKFJH for some reason that just made me laugh so hard that my insides hurt. OH MY GOD. I need a giant pointer.

I don't even know what Kitchen Kabaret is but nothing can beat Pita Gabriel so who cares.

I know I keep saying this to everyone but just bring a respirator to the park when you plan on going to New Fantasyland because you are going to need some type of assistance in order to sustain life after seeing it. I barely survived. IT IS SO. PERFECT.

Voyage of the Little Mermaid! That is what itís called, right? I can never remember. Knowing Disney, Iím kinda surprised they didnít name it CELEBRATE the MEMORIES and the MAGIC of the Little Mermaid. Limited time only. Can you just marry me? I don't even. It's called Under The Sea - Journey of the Little Mermaid, just an FYI.

Yeah, I always think about how different things would be if Walt had been lazy or something. My life would be like Ursula's dark gross little cavern of souls if it wasn't for him so I really need to get a statue of him to put on my lawn.
That's so true. Our messiness equals creative genius or something. I'm sure like Mozart's house was a total mess. There's probably a painting somewhere of his piano covered in piles of junk.

Thank you. I am determined to bring the giant pointer back from extinction. Some people dedicate their lives to saving endangered species. I'm dedicating mine to saving hand-crafted pointy sticks of wood. It's definitely a worthwhile use of my time and talents.

I wish I'd read the respirator warning before I went to New Fantasyland. I could have used it. I mean, I cried. Several times. It is too perfect.

I can marry you. Except I just told Gaston I'd marry him too but I'm sure he'd be down with welcoming you into the fold. And thank you...Journey of the Little Mermaid. I'm never going to remember that lol

So true. Sooooo true.
Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Your breakfast does not warrant quotations!

I hope you allow Bullseye to rest his feet on you sometimes too. With pillow pets it's a give and take relationship. Not that I know because I don't actually have one but I'm just assuming.

I'm so glad you got a picture of Karen's costume!!! She's my favorite. That's actually not true because I don't know who she is and I'm really hoping to find out... :

ONE DAY I WILL SEE THAT MOVIE. I haven't been in One Man's Dream in forever and this makes me feel like I need to!
Don't worry, Bullseye knows he's loved.

I don't know who Karen is either, but her costume is super cute!

Definitely go see it. It's an enjoyable little movie.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy161 View Post
Sshh... don't tell anyone but I have yet to experience the magic and glory that is a cupcake from Starring Rolls, I know... don't judge me... I don't know how I've let this go on for so long. My next trip, I think I'll compensate and get about 6, sounds fair, right?!

LOVE your new buddy Bullseye!

Ohmygosh... I LOVE One Man's Dream and you are so right, I can't even think about a world without Disney/Disney World, what a terrible place to live, right?! What would I obsess over daily?! And how could I live without the Disney stations on Live365 so I can just pretend I'm there?! Ick, I can't even think about it!

Looking forward to more! By the way, I have mentioned that you must write a book, right?! I'd like my copied autographed by you and as many Disney characters as I can round up!
Six sounds like a good plan.

I know, I feel like there'd be a giant void in my life without Disney. I spend like half my day wishing I could be at Disney World. What would I do with all that free time?

I'd love to write a book. It'd probably be 90% Stacey quotes and 10% original content, but still... Seriously, I've always wanted to write a book, so maybe someday! And I will absolutely autograph your copy.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-04-2012, 06:10 AM   #213
Tracy161
DIS Veteran

OHMYGOSH!!!!!!!!!!! You just got back?! So excited to hear all about it, so I'll have to agree with you - even though you have another TR going, you MUST start this one soon as well!!! So glad to hear you had a great week! Looking forward to reading all about it!
Old 12-04-2012, 11:09 PM   #214
MarieTheCat24
DIS Veteran

Quote:
OHMYGOSH!!!!!!!!!!! You just got back?! So excited to hear all about it, so I'll have to agree with you - even though you have another TR going, you MUST start this one soon as well!!! So glad to hear you had a great week! Looking forward to reading all about it!
Thank you! I will definitely try to start the new TR sooner rather than later. I have so much to say!
Old 12-04-2012, 11:34 PM   #215
MarieTheCat24
DIS Veteran

JULY 8TH PART THREE: What Foolishness Would You Like to See?
After One Man's Dream, we all felt inspired and decided to go try our hand at animating. Well, drawing really. But if you wave the paper around, it's kind of animated. Maybe.

We skipped the film and headed on inside.

We got lucky too because they started letting people into the classroom right as we arrived. No waiting! Score!

I took that picture as we walked in because of Pegasus.

We snagged some seats at the back of the room and got down to business.

Thankfully, our instructor skipped over the usual waste-half-the-class-trying-to-decide-who-to-draw thing and simply said, "Has anyone drawn Buzz Lightyear before? No? Well then that's who were drawing." I wish they'd do that all the time instead of leaving it up to the class.

I was really impressed with our instructor. I can't remember her name, but she was very good. She had the timing down perfectly so we didn't waste any and did well with kids. There were a few who weren't too happy with the way their drawings were going, but she was so positive which cheered them right up.

Also, her voice was super relaxing. Before we even finished our guide lines, she had me in a weird animation-induced state of zen. It was kind of amazing.

Here's my final product:

I hope someday I'll get to draw Woody so I can hang them both up on my fridge like the proud 5 year-old that I am and sing "You've Got a Friend in Me" every time I open it. Not that I don't already sing "You've Got a Friend in Me" every time I open the fridge. I've been known to serenade that beautiful box of cold that keeps my food fresh on the regular.

I'd also really like to draw Jessie and her beautiful yarn full of hair.

In case you still can't tell, I really love Toy Story.

After our lesson, Dad and Katie wanted to do Star Tours, so we headed that way.

Look at the adorable baby Jedis learning to use the force or something. IDK. I've seen a grand total of like five minutes of the Star Wars movies. All I know about them is what I've picked up from other forms of pop culture. Like that Weird Al song about Yoda.

Flight simulation tends to give me panic attacks, so Star Tours is a no-no for me. Mom and I grabbed lunch from Backlot Express instead.

We split a grilled (more like pressed) turkey sandwich and chicken nuggets.

You can't see the nuggets, but they're back there and they look just like the usual Disney nuggets. I promise. Everything tasted fine, so we were happy.

After Dad and Katie returned from fictionalspaceC3POlightsaberHanSolo, I decided it was time to go visit some old friends. I hadn't seen them in quite some time, so this reunion was long overdue.

Can you guess who they are?

Here's a hint:

OK, that wasn't a hint, that was me telling you, but whatever. Play the music and light the lights because it's time for MUPPETVISION 3D!!

KERMIT!

Miss Piggy has a lot of evening gowns.

We laughed and laughed and laughed some more. Muppet humor is a lot like my own humor. Kinda dry, filled with funny voices, and all about the timing.

Apparently this particular brand of humor is unique though, because, in a nearly full theater, I was the only one laughing at a lot of the jokes. For instance, Kermit's "We invited distinguished scientists from all over the world to come and work here...Unfortunately, none of them showed up" line kills me every time but people didn't laugh at all. They wouldn't even give it an I'm-not-rolling-on-the-floor-laughing-but-I-can-appreciate-the-humor-in-that snort. It's just like what happens on the Jungle Cruise and it's so depressing.

LAUGH AT THE JOKES, PEOPLE.

LAUGH. AT. THE. JOKES.

Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem! Janice is my favorite Muppet. Her hair is flawless.

Poor Beaker.

I said goodbye to my Muppet pals and we booked it over to Toy Story Mania. There were Fastpasses burning holes in our pockets.

I snapped a few shots of the Streets of America as we passed through.

Gotta love the Streets of (Two Parts of) America. So fabulously streety.

When we got to TSM, I ran over to the FP machines on the slim chance that there were still some available. It was like 1PM, so I highly doubted it. Summer crowds are ridiculous.

But, by some miracle, there were still FP!

It was one of many moments over the course of the trip in which we noticed that, compared to previous July trips, crowds were waaaay down. Don't get me wrong, there were still a lot of people there, but being able to get TSM FP after noon is usually unheard of in the summer. And ours were only for the 7PM-8PM window! The park was open until 10 that night. Crazy.

After I got the FP, Dad and Katie decided they wanted to head over to Typhoon Lagoon for a little while, so Mom and I rode TSM on our own.

Look at those best friends fighting evil. Well, Buzz is fighting evil. I guess Woody's just there for moral support. Someone draw him a lasso or something.

Score-wise, I still didn't break 200,000, but I was getting soooo close.

Maybe next time...

PS: HAPPY BIRTHDAY WALT!!!

Last edited by MarieTheCat24; 04-10-2013 at 01:54 AM.
Old 12-05-2012, 06:11 AM   #216
Tracy161
DIS Veteran

Happy Birthday Walt indeed!!! Every year, I put that up on the whiteboard in my office... my co-workers just don't get it though...

YAY for Muppet humor - I bust out with obnoxious laughs at every opportunity (much like during the entire length of the Jungle Cruise, especially with a great skipper!)!!!

And I'm with ya on the panic attacks in simulated rides thing - I nearly had a nervous breakdown in Mission Space (orange side) a few years ago... never again...

Yay for more TSM FPs!!!
Old 12-05-2012, 03:34 PM   #217
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

You just combined all of my favorite things about DHS into one update (except for RNRC) and for that I applaud you.

AHHH YOU GOT TO DRAW BUZZ! I want to draw Buzz! You did an awesome job, I must say.

Seriously though. Why don't people laugh at things that are funny? The line you mentioned (about the distinguished scientists not showing up) is my favorite one and people didn't LAUGH? Ugh. I will never understand people.

-Marissa
Old 12-05-2012, 04:19 PM   #218
Disneyfreak616
DIS Veteran

I know the exact animator you're talking about! She always puts me in a zen place of drawing skills which I normally can't say I possess.

I wish I had as many evening gowns as Miss Piggy. But I don't have anywhere to wear them so I guess not. I'll take sweatpants and blankets instead.

I HATE WHEN PEOPLE DON'T LAUGH AT THAT JOKE!!! I am doing the full-on scream-snort-knee slap-laugh and they're givin' me NOTHING. It's so sad.

I'll be sure to draw a lasso when I'm there next week.

WDW Commando #141
WDW (on-site only): 2001: POFQ/ 2010: AKL-Jambo House/ 2011: YC Club Level, POFQ, CSR & AKL-Jambo House (DVC!)/ 2012: SSR (x2), BWV (x2), AKV- Kidani Village & BLT/ 2013: AoA, POLY & AKV- Jambo House/ 2014: CBR, VWL, BCV & GRAND FLORIDIAN VILLAS!
DL: 2009: Fairfield Inn Marriot/ 2010: Camelot Inn/ 2013: Carousel Inn

Completed Trip Reports:

The Frump Takes Over the World: Food Edition! A DR with Extra Magic!A Frump's TR: "Me Gusta Epic Mealtime! Stop Thinking My Thoughts: I'm Five."

"I Don't Wanna Meet Mickey In a Frumpin' Poncho!"
"SUCK IT UP BUTTERCUP! It Builds Character and Strength!" A July 2011 TR!

Old 12-07-2012, 12:08 AM   #219
MarieTheCat24
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Happy Birthday Walt indeed!!! Every year, I put that up on the whiteboard in my office... my co-workers just don't get it though...

YAY for Muppet humor - I bust out with obnoxious laughs at every opportunity (much like during the entire length of the Jungle Cruise, especially with a great skipper!)!!!

And I'm with ya on the panic attacks in simulated rides thing - I nearly had a nervous breakdown in Mission Space (orange side) a few years ago... never again...

Yay for more TSM FPs!!!
That is an excellent tradition. Even if your co-workers don't get it.

Same. I always laugh hysterically at Muppetvision and the Jungle Cruise. I even laugh if the skipper's bad because it's awkwardly hilarious.

Yeah, I've never done Mission Space and I don't think I ever will. Tiny space + flight simulation is a recipe for absolute disaster.
Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
You just combined all of my favorite things about DHS into one update (except for RNRC) and for that I applaud you.

AHHH YOU GOT TO DRAW BUZZ! I want to draw Buzz! You did an awesome job, I must say.

Seriously though. Why don't people laugh at things that are funny? The line you mentioned (about the distinguished scientists not showing up) is my favorite one and people didn't LAUGH? Ugh. I will never understand people.
Why thank you! *bows*

YES! I freaked when she said we were drawing Buzz. I didn't even know the Pixar characters were an option.

People in general need to laugh more, but they especially need to laugh more at Disney. Like, it's Disney. Stop being Mr. I'm Too Cool For This and let loose. Why even come if you're not gonna find the funny in things?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfreak616 View Post
I know the exact animator you're talking about! She always puts me in a zen place of drawing skills which I normally can't say I possess.

I wish I had as many evening gowns as Miss Piggy. But I don't have anywhere to wear them so I guess not. I'll take sweatpants and blankets instead.

I HATE WHEN PEOPLE DON'T LAUGH AT THAT JOKE!!! I am doing the full-on scream-snort-knee slap-laugh and they're givin' me NOTHING. It's so sad.

I'll be sure to draw a lasso when I'm there next week.
I'm so glad you've also experienced that zen state! It's wonderful.

SAAAAAAME. I would need even more trunks than Miss Piggy to hold all my sweatpants and blankets.

People just aren't as awesome as us. That's the only explanation I can come up with. Our innate awesomeness allows us to find humor in things average people can't.

Thank you! Woody needs something to do other than stand there. I mean, it looks like Buzz has everything under control, but still. Pack some crayons and make him a pull-string cowboy superhero.
Old 12-09-2012, 10:59 AM   #220
__disneygirl
well, all that's left now is the happy ending.

YAY. I can't even describe how happy I am that your trip worked out and you got to see New Fantasyland and AoA all the Christmas stuff too. It sounds practically perfect and I can't wait to read all about it!!

OMG I am familiar with the animation zen. I love that class so much. The next time I'm in Disney it's gonna be one of the first things I do. SO AWESOME THAT YOU GOT TO DRAW BUZZ!

It is kind of funny how Woody is just standing there while Buzz lazer shoots that big green thing in the face. Get in on the action, Woody!!
Old 12-09-2012, 02:31 PM   #221
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

I agree about the taking up time thing. They should just give us three options and let us vote! That would be so much easier.

Your Buzz Lightyear is so good!! I really like it!

AHHHH I just want to go to Hollywood Studios all the time. I'M SO IN LOVE.
Old 12-11-2012, 08:14 PM   #222
MarieTheCat24
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by __disneygirl View Post
YAY. I can't even describe how happy I am that your trip worked out and you got to see New Fantasyland and AoA all the Christmas stuff too. It sounds practically perfect and I can't wait to read all about it!!

OMG I am familiar with the animation zen. I love that class so much. The next time I'm in Disney it's gonna be one of the first things I do. SO AWESOME THAT YOU GOT TO DRAW BUZZ!

It is kind of funny how Woody is just standing there while Buzz lazer shoots that big green thing in the face. Get in on the action, Woody!!
It was a lot of fun. I can't wait to share!

Yes, it's such a lovely feeling. Animation's basically the new yoga.

I guess since they're in space, Woody's just letting the guy who's in his element do his thing. It'll take time for him to learn how to be a Space Cowboy. Not everyone is Chris Kirkpatrick.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfreak508 View Post
I agree about the taking up time thing. They should just give us three options and let us vote! That would be so much easier.

Your Buzz Lightyear is so good!! I really like it!

AHHHH I just want to go to Hollywood Studios all the time. I'M SO IN LOVE.
It would be so much easier. I hate wasting time.

Thanks!

And soon you will be able to do just that, my friend.
Old 12-11-2012, 08:31 PM   #223
MarieTheCat24
DIS Veteran

JULY 8TH PART FOUR: Beauty and the Heat
Before going back to French Quarter for our usual midday break, Mom and I decided to take in a show. We looked at the times guide and saw that Beauty and the Beast was starting in fifteen minutes, so we headed that way.

I love this part of the park. Itís shady and the lampposts and hanging planters are really pretty. Also, just knowing that delicious cupcakes are nearby is comforting.

Even with less people in the park wait-time-wise, Sunset Boulevard was crowded as always.

See? Palm trees and people. Both abundant on the Boulevard.

We hadnít been to Beauty and the Beast in quite some time, so we were contemplating why that was as we walked over there.

The second we took our seats, we remembered exactly why.

It is freaking HOT in there.

Thereís a fan or two hanging from the ceiling, but they are not effective at all. Some dude with ice in his mouth blowing air at me from three rows back would probably produce more cool air than these fans. If only I had that guy.

But, yíknow, no oneís gloomy or complaining while the flatwareís entertaining, so we did our best to ignore the heat and settled in to enjoy the show.

WARNING: The following photos are NOT GOOD. Unless youíre a fan of blurriness and the backs of peopleís heads, in which case these are for you!

Little townÖ

I love those costumes. Iím generally a fan of anything that involves bright colored tights, but those are exceptionally awesome.

Looks like they've got some Beast-killing to do.

The performance was great and there were lots of talented people up on that stage, but I actually spent most of the show focused on these two:

They were doing the sign language interpretation and it was so cool to watch. The guy especially was super expressive and just seemed like someone who absolutely loves his job. I was enthralled. He was so entertaining. I donít know what your name is, sir, but you rock!

With Belle and the (Not)Beast(Anymore) off on their happily ever after, we tried not to think about how sweaty we were and headed back to POFQ. I took a nap and I think Mom went to the pool for a bit and then joined in on that nap. Or she may have just napped the entire time. These midday breaks are one giant blur at this point.

Anyway, when Katie and Dad returned from Typhoon Lagoon, we all got ready and grabbed dinner at Sassagoula Floatworks.

Mom and Dad both had meatball subs w/freshly made chips.

I think they both enjoyed them. They certainly looked and smelled delicious.

Katie had a cheeseburger.

Again, I didnít outright ask, but Iím pretty sure she enjoyed it too. She always does.

I had the pot roast. Again. For the second time in three days. It was just as delicious as the first time. I didnít take a picture because I dove headfirst into the mashed potatoes, but thereís one earlier in the TR if pictures of pot roast are your thing.

While we were eating, Dad and Katie recounted their first ever Disney water park experience. It was a positive one. I donít remember much of what they said, but I do remember laughing a lot. Putting those two together in any kind of situation almost always results in hilarious stories. I did write down in my trip notes that Katieís response to Humunga Kowabunga was ďI think I need a new buttĒ so thatís a little taste of the conversation.

As we were finishing our meal, the skies opened up. Iím talking total downpour. Good old Florida summers.

We didnít have our ponchos with us and none of us wanted to get completely soaked, so we were pretty much trapped.

Hereís a picture Dad took of the seating area that also includes us waiting out the storm.

We look thrilled.

After a little while and a lot of rain, I started getting nervous because I am a crazy person and our Toy Story Mania FP time was approaching. The new enforcement had me paranoid. Iím usually a roll with the punches kinda gal when it comes to Disney vacations, but not with a ride on TSM at stake. So to appease me, Katie volunteered to make a break for it, take the mugs back to the room, and grab the bag with our ponchos. Sheís such a good sister.

The rain let up a bit as she was leaving and she managed to make it there and back with minimal soakage.

Which is good because I would have felt mighty guilty otherwise.

With Katie back and our ponchos on, we headed out to the bus stop for a fun night at the Studios.

Last edited by MarieTheCat24; 04-10-2013 at 01:59 AM.
Old 12-11-2012, 08:51 PM   #224
MarieTheCat24
DIS Veteran

JULY 8TH PART FIVE: Our Evening in Hollywood
I hopped off the bus at DHS with a dream and a plastic poncho.

Of course, by the time we arrived, it had stopped raining over here. Figures.

Not that Iím complaining. This is a park thatís meant to be experienced under blue skies. Anything else feels wrong.

Darn palm tree getting in the way of my shot. Who does he think he is?

I hate that this stage/lighting rig thing is apparently a permanent fixture at the hat now. Itís ugly. I mean, itís not like the hatís the Eighth Wonder of the World or anything (thatís the Backside of Water) but it looks better unobstructed.

We made it to Toy Story Mania with plenty of time to spare. Either my paranoia was all for naught OR my paranoia got us there on time. Iím gonna go with the latter.

Look at that poor guy. Heís clearly overwhelmed by the mania. Not everyone is as well-equipped as I to handle this kind of virtual balloon-popping, pie-tossing, plate-breaking stimulation.

I forgot to take a picture of my score, but I didnít break 200,000. I was still stuck around 190,000. Bummer.

The Green Army Men were out and about when we exited, so Katie and I got our picture taken with one.

For a giant hunk of plastic, he was pretty flirty.

Mom, Dad, and I decided we wanted to do the Animation Academy again. Katie wasnít thrilled (pun intended) with the idea, so she went and rode Rock íní Roller Coaster. We got to draw Minnie Mouse though, so I think the amount of thrills we each experienced wound up being about equal. Minnieís my girl. Always has been, always will be.

After animating, we met back up with Katie outside Starring Rolls. It was there that we made the spur of the moment decision to go see Fantasmic.

Oh silly me, I forgot the exclamation point. It is part of the name after all. I bet you were totally confused for a second there.

What even is Fantasmic sans punctuation? Probably something dumb and not nearly as cool as a ď30 minute show with limited capacity.Ē

Also a ďnighttime spectacular with lasers, lights, dancing fountains and special effects.Ē

Fantasmic!

Thatís better.

So off to the amphitheater we went!

As you can see, Katie and I were women on a mission. We wanted Ė no, we needed Ė ice cream before Fantasmic! We rushed to Hollywood Scoops and ordered a cup of chocolate and a cup of mint chocolate chip. Yum yum. By the way, for future reference, ďcupĒ is Disney speak for ďgiant moundĒ.

The theater was nearly fully when we arrived, so our seats weren't great, but that was totally fine with us. If it means not having to stand in line for hours, I'll sit anywhere.

In this case, anywhere is toward the top of the Beast section.

RAWR. ANGST. PAWS.

For the pre-show, Frank and Heather, two highly enthusiastic hosts/comedians/people Disney pays to be excited about everything, led the crowd in games, sing-alongs, and things like the wave. It was kinda fun. Definitely better than just sitting there and it gave us plenty of material to snark on. Frank and Heather also managed to start WWIII: Tour Group Chanting Edition which was something to be seen.

Fantasmic! was just as Fantasmic!-y as always. Iím not a huge fan and it's not something I absolutely have to do every single trip, but itís still enjoyable. I was stuck sitting behind a woman wearing her hair in a HUGE bun, so I couldnít see most of the show, but better me than someone on their once-in-a-lifetime trip. I spend most of the time wondering why Mickeyís dreaming about colonization anyway. Magic, dragons, romance, and dirty, rotten colonists - Fantasmic!

Here's the one picture I took of the show and the one picture Dad took that actually turned out:

MEG! I made sure to peak around that woman's hair so I could see her. Y'all know how much I love Hercules.

FIREWORKS! Thanks, Dad, for that super important shot.

Because of our seat location, we were some of the last ones out of the theater. Iím always amazed at how much of a mess people leave behind. Itís not that hard to find a garbage can, people. Also, itíd be nice if people would refrain from lighting up when walking in a large, bunched up crowd of people. My lungs didnít appreciate being trapped in your trail of cigarette smoke, Tour Group Kid.

The park was open for another hour, but we decided to call it a night and head to the bus stop along with thousands of our best tour group friends. I decided it would be a great time to get in on the action and become a tour group leader myself. Unfortunately I donít regularly carry a giant inflatable stick on me, so I had to make do with a half-empty bottle of water.

Hereís a picture from after we peeled off from the rest of the tour groupers at the POFQ stop.

I was sick of it after three seconds. How do those people do it?

Wait. I imagine the answer is that theyíre getting paid.

If someone threw money at me, I wouldíve held that bottle up alllllll night.

Anyway, we piled onto the bus, fell half-asleep on the bus like we always do, piled off the bus at POFQ, strolled back to our room, curled up in bed, watched the end of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, and finally fell full-asleep. It was the end of a great day.
Old 12-11-2012, 09:22 PM   #225
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

If you had "that guy," he'd also buy you churros.

I'm also not a huge fan of Fantasmic (with or without the !) glad I'm not the only one

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: