Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-2012, 02:30 AM   #1936
krhst25
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK

I see your trip is just around the corner. You're so lucky. I know you are going to have a wonderful time!

!!!
Thank You! 10 days! I am very excited to take my parents- there first time ever and my first time at Christmas!

Old 12-04-2012, 09:40 AM   #1937
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by krhst25 View Post
Thank You! 10 days! I am very excited to take my parents- there first time ever and my first time at Christmas!
Nice. I am sure both you and your parents are going to love it. We went last year around the same time and it was wonderful. Christmas is such a magical time in the world. You will just love the Osbourne lights. So amazing.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-04-2012, 09:46 PM   #1938
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK

I have to agree. Tiki Torches do really set the mood. That pool looked really nice and nice and big for a quiet pool. I am quite the quiet pool fan and this one looked lovely.

Well, I wouldn't want to be in a park on NYE, so this looks like a much better option if you ask me. I know the Poly Beach gets crowded, but judging by Pat's pictures, the show looks amazing. It was definitely be my pick for ringing the New Years in!

That rack just didn't look so great! I think I may have used the bench. I don't remember. All I know is that I started living out of a suitcase those last few nights. I hate that, but at that point it didn't seem worth it to unpack!

I know you do!

But isn't it great that you immediately clicked with the place and you made your decision. I think that's fabulous. I can't blame you one bit. If I had known how much I was going to love it there I would have looked at the BWV resales much more seriously. But who knew?

All I can say is - that's SO Denny!

I have two more updates planned - I hope - and then its time to start our TR. If you have name suggestions just pm or email me. I have one suggestion, but it isn't anything to earth shattering.

Thank you Doris! She's 15, but for some reason I thought she was younger. Not that is matters. Yes - they do creep into your heart and the fact that they don't understand what's wrong with them is so heart breaking. Anyway, my mom backed out on putting the cat to sleep yesterday, but I imagine she will change her mind in the next day or so.
So sorry about your mom's kitty I meant to put that in my earlier reply. I know how much you love your fur babies and can guess where that comes from.

Email or pm me your title idea, I have one too
Old 12-05-2012, 04:30 AM   #1939
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
So sorry about your mom's kitty I meant to put that in my earlier reply. I know how much you love your fur babies and can guess where that comes from.
Thanks Cynthia. My mom had her put to sleep yesterday. I feel terrible for my mom because she literally spends 99% of her days in the house and that cat was her company. I really wanted that cat to outlive her. I hope that doesn't sound terrible, but I guess what I am saying is I didn't want her to have to deal with that kind of loss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Email or pm me your title idea, I have one too
Will do!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 12-05-2012, 05:59 AM   #1940
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I know I need to do replies and I am not sure when I will get to them. I have to go to my mom's tomorrow and help her take her cat to be put to sleep. Poor cat has a complete "whited out" lung from an accumulation of fluid which is most likely due to cancer. She wanted to take the cat home for a few days before putting her to sleep. It's so sad because my mom just loves this cat and it is going to tear her up to put this cat to sleep.

I know that I am going to be pretty upset too because the cat was born in my backyard. A stray wandered into our year 15 or so years ago and had 5 little kittens under our deck. Brian found them and we took them inside, made a cat hut in the laundry room, and waited until they were old enough for a home.
Oh, I'm so sorry to hear this. Often times pets become family members and it's so difficult. I hope it went as smoothly as it could.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I know you are a big Boardwalk fan and I am totally with you on that one. It's a great location. I loved it for F&W.

Well, no matter where you stay I really hope that you are able to go in Feb or March. I would like to try a March trip. I am trying to visit during every month of the year.
we are trying to do the same thing!!! Total Disney dorks, aren't we?!?! We've done January, February, March, I've done May, August, September, October, November, and December.

We are also looking at a July option - so that would fit in perfectly with our above plan. Our trick is doing it over the last bit of the month, into the next month - 2 months in one trip.
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 12-05-2012, 11:18 AM   #1941
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Oh Mary Ellen, I'm so sorry to hear about your mom's cat hugs to both of you.
Old 12-05-2012, 04:06 PM   #1942
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

Hey Mary Ellen,

Gorgeous Gorgeous Wishes pictures from the Poly Beach... (hmmm didn't see Wishes this trip... have to do next summer...)

Not to sound like I just fell off the turnip truck... but is flying out of the Lehigh Valley a better deal... than Philly or is it just less hmmm... stressful?

I am truly sorry about your Mom's cat... not only do I just really love animals but they truly do become companions... (and especially as people get older... It will be hard on her and you as well...)

I have the Girl w/ the Dragon Tattoo... I started to read it... but I didn't get into... I'm going to give it another go...

Hmmm... I'm really thinking about trying the Boardwalk next summer... it is gorgeous and it could save us a few precious DVC points...
Old 12-05-2012, 08:57 PM   #1943
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Just checking in so I am not a Lurker ,this is such a busy time of year at work !! Co ordinating Christmas shopping for 15 people , house parties, and LOTS of other parties, carol singing , bellringing etc etc !!! Then I have my own family stuff to doWhile it is a lot of fun , it is a VERY hectic time !!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
Old 12-05-2012, 10:22 PM   #1944
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

I've been off the boards for a couple days - just wanted to say how sorry I am for your mom. Losing a pet is so sad and difficult.

I told DH I'd like to try the Boardwalk on one of our next trips. And Wilderness Lodge. Ideally I'd like to try them all!
Old 12-06-2012, 06:12 AM   #1945
MEK
DIS Veteran

Thanks so much for all the condolences about the cat. It was my moms cat, Tibber, but she was born in my backyard under the deck 15 years ago. Her mom was a stray. I found homes for the mom and all the kittens. My SIL took Tibber, but locked her in the bathroom all the time because she hates cats and Tibber, in defiance, would poop in the tub and NOT in the litter box. Imagine that.

So my mom took Tibber and gave her a good home for 14 years. I feel so bad for my mom because basically she is my dad's caregiver and that cat was a ray of sunshine in her difficult life. So so sad that my mom lost her companion. And my dad, too. He loved her. When he could walk (he has Parkinson's now and doesn't walk much at all), he fed her every morning. They were buds.

Here's a picture of Tibber from last spring. Believe me, she was much smaller than this after getting sick

Untitled by dvcmek1, on Flickr

Today my brother and I are going to look at assisted living places for my parents.

Yesterday we did a college visit to a local school (in Lancaster Pa) for Nick. The are multiple schools in the Lancaster/Harrisburg area, so it will remain unnamed at this point. But it was a visit with the soccer coach, the engineering department, and an admissions counselor. Nick loved the philosophy of the soccer team and the coach. Unfortunately, the coach had a family emergency so we only got to meet a player, who really represented for his school.

He did a great job touring us and talking about the team. They seem like an incredibly close knit group who believe in putting the team first. Nick is all about that. Their playing field is still a grass field (which is so unusual anymore) and they even have a memorial to a former player who lost his life on 9/11.

Nick really enjoyed meeting the engineering professor and he learned more about electrical engineering. He has been undecided about what field he hopes to concentrate on and I think the math/physics part of electrical engineering intrigued him.

We also had the bubbliest student in the world give us a tour.

I was really hoping Nick would love the school, but I think his preference is still for a bigger school, in which case he would not be playing soccer on a collegiate team.

It will be interesting to see which path he chooses.

On another note, I gave myself an early Christmas present in the form of a macbook pro.

I know that some of you saw it on FB. That's a decal I added and I am still waiting for the sleeve that I ordered almost two weeks ago.

Untitled by dvcmek1, on Flickr

I promise to get to replies later this evening and I am working on a picture review update, which is pretty labor intensive since this trip was so long.

Old 12-06-2012, 10:49 AM   #1946
MomToPrincePhillip
Mouseketeer

There's a lot going on in your life right now! Wow! And then add Christmas into the mix, you've got a lot on your plate. LOVE Snow White on your new computer so cool!
Old 12-06-2012, 10:53 AM   #1947
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14
Old 12-06-2012, 12:37 PM   #1948
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

So sorry to hear about your mom's cat. So sad.

Completed Trip Reports:
December 2011 * July/August 2012 * May/June 2013
Old 12-06-2012, 01:21 PM   #1949
natebenma
DIS Veteran

What a beautiful cat! Bless your parents for giving her a loving, wonderful home for so many years. My condolences go out to all of you.

That is quite a lot you have going on.

Sounds like Nick has some really decent options. My husband graduated with a an electrical and computer engineering degree and has done very well in the software development industry.
Old 12-06-2012, 04:04 PM   #1950
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Tibber was adorable, and again I'm so sorry for your parents' (and your own) loss. Animals find such a special place, it's just about impossible to let them go.
Love the macbook decal. I want a mac just to get that decal. :D

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: