Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-03-2012, 01:46 PM   #1
zavandor
DIS Veteran

The Hobbit Imax 3D in english at the Village

I've just realized that I'm going to DLP after "The Hobbit - an unexpected journey" debut. I've seen Harry Potter in the Imax theater in the cinema at the Village and it was fantastic. I haven't an Imax theater near home, so maybe I'll be so lucky to be there one day it's shown in english.
Anyone knows if the english version of films are shown always the same day of the week? I'll be there from 20 to 23 December.
Thanks
zavandor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 02:16 PM   #2
Carrie_Cat
I'm a Rive Gauche person

Comes out on the 12th here - Looking at the Gaumount site they have it showing at midnight (11th/12th) in VF in the Imax

The times, versions, and salle will be up next week as they change every Wednesday

I know recently for Skyfall they had it on the Tuesday in VO (and VF) in the Imax with a couple of showings in VO but it only stayed like that for 2 weeks and then continued in French only

Vive la différence
Carrie_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-04-2012, 02:12 AM   #3
zavandor
DIS Veteran

Thank you Carrie.
If the VO will be only on Tue I'll miss it.
Since I'll see it in Italian at home as soon as it will come out, I might see it anyway even if I'm not confortable with French.
If the theatre supports the new showing technology of 48 frames per sec it would worth to see it anyway.
Old 12-04-2012, 02:25 AM   #4
Carrie_Cat
I'm a Rive Gauche person

I tried to remember what day of the week they had Jason Bourne 4 in vo but I can't recall if it was Tue or Thurs or both

I know it wasn't everyday, not much help am I

The only other Imax I can find atm in Paris will be showing it in VF, all the VO seem to be just the simple film or the 3D version

Vive la différence
Old 12-04-2012, 02:28 AM   #5
Carrie_Cat
I'm a Rive Gauche person

Looking at a thread on DCP they talk about the VO being shown on both Tue and Thurs so fingers crossed you might be in luck

Vive la différence
Old 12-20-2012, 04:47 PM   #6
Orion33
Second star on the right and straight on till morning.

They are so grumpy in that cinema!!!

I went in once to enquiry about VO and was told...never. Don't have VO. Nope. Sorry. Not at all.

A friend of mine told me Tuesday so I went back in to enquiry and was told same again

'nope we never do VO don't know where you heard that...

Grrrrrrr 3rd time lucky I guess!
Orion33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 04:23 AM   #7
tennisfan
Was told off for sliding down the banister at the SL
South Africa or California for me
Popped to the Boots

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by zavandor View Post
Thank you Carrie.
If the VO will be only on Tue I'll miss it.
Since I'll see it in Italian at home as soon as it will come out, I might see it anyway even if I'm not confortable with French.
If the theatre supports the new showing technology of 48 frames per sec it would worth to see it anyway.
I thought all cinemas were able to use this technology. I know in the uk all the big names are. Having said that it has reportedly made loads of people ill due to the way it is being shown at 48 fps.

Trips:
DLRP - Hotel Cheyenne, October, 1994, DLRP - Hotel New York, October, 1998, DLRP - Hotel New York, June, 1999, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, October, 1999, DLRP - Hotel New York, October, 2000, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, October, 2001, Walt Disney Studios preview, February, 2002, DLRP - Hotel Cheyenne, August, 2002, New York City, Easter 2004, DLRP - Hotel New York, August, 2004, DLRP - Day trip, November, 2004, DLRP - Day trip, September, 2005, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, Easter 2007, DLRP - Kyriad, June 2007 DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, June 2009 DLRP - Day trip, November 2009 New York City, February 2010 DLRP - Disneyland Hotel, June 2010 DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, September 2010 Stratosphere Hotel, Las Vegas, October 2010 DLRP - Day trip, January 2011, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, August 2011, DLRP - Day trip, January 2012, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, June 2012, DLRP - Santa Fe, November 2012,
tennisfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 04:42 AM   #8
Carrie_Cat
I'm a Rive Gauche person

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion33 View Post
They are so grumpy in that cinema!!!

I went in once to enquiry about VO and was told...never. Don't have VO. Nope. Sorry. Not at all.

A friend of mine told me Tuesday so I went back in to enquiry and was told same again

'nope we never do VO don't know where you heard that...

Grrrrrrr 3rd time lucky I guess!

I gave up asking them anything a long time ago as I find them useless

You always got outside the list of films with if they are VO/VF but besides the action blockbusters don't expect much.

I've never ever seen a animation film be it Disney or other in VO even in Paris itself and definitely not in the banlieu. We wait for the DVD now.

You can also look directly at the site and reserve your tickets, saves you time and having to deal with the staff

Vive la différence
Old 12-21-2012, 04:46 AM   #9
Carrie_Cat
I'm a Rive Gauche person

Zavandor they are showing it in VO Imax at 13.50 today and tomorrow. Sunday at 17.40

http://www.cinemasgaumontpathe.com/f...du/#2012-12-21

Hope you get to see it

Vive la différence
Old 12-21-2012, 02:13 PM   #10
zavandor
DIS Veteran

Thank you Carrie, I've bought a ticket for tomorrow :-)
Also, the time is perfect, it does not interfere with dinner (a big italian forum meeting) and I'll see again Dreams (if it's not too cold after dinner).

This has been a strange trip. I'm enjoing things very different than usual and riding less attractions.
Today I did the guided tour and it was fantastic. Two hours with a knowledgeable CM walking in the park and learning a lot of things.
Yesterday we had the opportunity to meet the park ambassadors and have a chat with them.
Old 12-25-2012, 11:10 AM   #11
Orion33
Second star on the right and straight on till morning.

Thank you!
Orion33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 03:41 AM   #12
Carrie_Cat
I'm a Rive Gauche person

Quote:
Originally Posted by zavandor View Post
Thank you Carrie, I've bought a ticket for tomorrow :-)
Also, the time is perfect, it does not interfere with dinner (a big italian forum meeting) and I'll see again Dreams (if it's not too cold after dinner).

This has been a strange trip. I'm enjoing things very different than usual and riding less attractions.
Today I did the guided tour and it was fantastic. Two hours with a knowledgeable CM walking in the park and learning a lot of things.
Yesterday we had the opportunity to meet the park ambassadors and have a chat with them.
Great stuff So how was it ? and would love to hear more about your trip ..hint hint highs and lows

Was the hotel ok at Bussy ? at least it wasn't cold for you walking back from the RER

Vive la différence

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: