Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: If the Cinnamon Buns stayed at the main street bakery would your opion cjange
Yes 17 25.37%
No 13 19.40%
I Don't Care ether way 37 55.22%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-27-2012, 02:20 PM   #16
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

If they simply added the starbucks beverages to the MSB and left everything else as is...I am guessing a lot less people would be upset. All along many people's gripe was that the coffee was no good. Assuming you believe Starbucks coffee is better, it would be a simple solution. Just serve Starbucks coffee and don't mess with anything else.
Mndisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 04:41 PM   #17
GaSleepingBeautyFan
DIS Veteran

As long as the outside of the store stays in keeping with the rest of Main Street, they can add or take away all the things they want inside.

The one and only time I ever tried a Main Street bakery cinnamon bun it was not very good - dry and tasteless. I think it was stale and I never tried another one.

I very seldom even go into the Main Street Bakery. It's too small for the crowds and most likely will be worse when it becomes a Starbucks.

I should add that I don't drink coffee. I've never gone into a Starbucks to try their tea or hot chocolate. I guess I'm too cheap. I can make it in the room or food court cheaper. LOL

Connie

Doing a quick weekend trip to see the Osborne Lights in December - staying offsite this time.

WDW: 16 family trips, 9 solo trips - resorts stayed at: offisite(6) AoA, AKL(2), BWI, CR (2), WL (2), CBR, CSR, POFQ (3), POP (2), POR (6) ASMo, ASMu
DISNEYLAND: 1 family trip, 2 1 day trips chaperoning
US/IOA: 5 family trips
GaSleepingBeautyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 04:28 PM   #18
Kristina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcb View Post
What mystifies me is why Disney changes the popular attractions and leaves the snoozers, such as Ellen's entropy adventure, and the "great" movie ride.
I agree! They added mermaids to Pirates which sure, I enjoyed but how many updates is that attraction going to get, and all whilst ingnoring others that could really use the attention.

If the Bakery redo isn't done properly to where it's insulting to the rest of Main Street and it's theming, I'm pretty sure I'd get my coffee and what not elsewhere. Even if I have to truck all the way back to Fantasyland for the swill. For me it's not about the Cinnamon rolls at all but about the theming and respecting what's there already. Main Street is such a special place, it would be horendous if they screwed it up but I have faith now that I've calmed down, that they won't.

Kristina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 04:52 PM   #19
jcb
always emerging from hibernation

Looks like Starbucks has settled on the coffee it will serve at the MK.

Starbucks Sells Geisha Coffee for $7 a Cup

Old 11-28-2012, 05:14 PM   #20
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcb View Post
Change the name to "Princess" and they'll have a hit!
Old 11-28-2012, 06:50 PM   #21
kaligal
DIS Veteran

I don't really like the cinnamon buns. And they taste more like maple than cinnamon, IMO. I get the fruit tart.

I am THRILLED that they'll be serving Starbucks. Coffee is a vice that I managed to avoid, but I'm so tired of listening to coffee peeps complain about the coffee at Disney.

I don't think they had to re-do the whole place and am a little concerned about how it will turn out.

Main Street has sooo gone to hell over the years, though...it is just one more loss, one more little disappointment.

And I like Ellen and TGMR.
Fantasmic sucks.
kaligal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 06:59 PM   #22
GAN
DIS Veteran

Location: Between the Port of Indecision and Southwest of Disorder

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcb
Looks like Starbucks has settled on the coffee it will serve at the MK.

I don't know about the coffee, but it certainly sounds like Starbucks has already started drinking the Disney "Punch" ....I like the way they word, "because customers have DEMANDED more premium products." Sounds familiar -No?
GAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 03:22 PM   #23
joanjett1976
Shane in the study with the candlestick!
As a Disney geek you can truly feel Walt's touch in the park

Walking on eggshells here since this topic is hot, hot, hot.

Has anyone visited the Starbucks location at Disney's California Adventure? I was there last August and I found it to be better themed, better designed and employees had better 'costumes' than the Main Street Bakery.

They also served Mickey Mouse cookies, Rice Crispie Treats (the standard Disney bakery items basicaly) along with some Starbucks staples such as scones and muffins. It seemed like the bakery had been (to use an Imagineering term) plussed and offered a variety of options, many of which uniquely Disney.

Bad coffee was always my main complaint whenever I visited a Disney Park in the past. And I must admit, visiting the Main Street bakery was never a postive experience for me. Did not enjoy the coffee, the food, the service, layout, costumes and general look of the place. Yes to some that's heresy but that's just me....

My 2 cents...
Nov 2013 WDW Yacht-AKL, Aug 2012 Disneyland, Jan 2012 WDW WL, July 2011 Disneyland, Oct 2010 WDW Swan, April 2010 DL Paris, Jan 2010 Disneyland, April 2009 DL Paris, Jan 2008 Paradise Pier Disneyland, Oct 2007 DL Paris, Sept 2007 POFQ, May 2007 Grand Californian Disneyland, April 2007 DL Paris, Feb 2007 Disney Wonder & POP, Oct 2006 MNSSHP/F&W @ POP, Oct 2006 DL Paris, May 2006 2 weeks @ POP, April 2006 DL Paris, January 2006 Disneyland, January 2006 30th Bday POP/AKL, Oct 2005 DL Paris, June 2005 POFQ, Feb 2005 Disneyland, Aug 2004 POFQ, 1983-1984-1986-1988-1989-1991-1994: Off Site, July 1980: 4 Years Old: 1st Trip To WDW

joanjett1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 03:42 PM   #24
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

I think it's interesting that this poll has more than 50% chiming in on "I don't care". The poll that DU put up did not have an "I don't care" option. I think the closest it had was, let Starbucks sell coffee, but leave the rest as is.

Sayhello
sayhello is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:34 AM   #25
stormtracker
Mouseketeer

Are the cinnamon rolls really that popular? I have tried them twice and found them mediocre at best.
stormtracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:07 PM   #26
BriarRosie
Creator of Tag Fairy Haiku:
Clap your hands loudly
Bounce until your rear is sore
Tags shall be granted
Official DIS TF Haiku author!

Who says the cinnamon rolls are going away? From what I gather, the press release stated where they will be available when the MSB is closed during renovations. I didn't see any mention that the popular items will be removed at all. They just won't be available for sale when the bakery is closed.
Old 12-07-2012, 04:41 PM   #27
hockeymomNS
Has an in with immigration
There will be no discussion of the mud!

For me it has little to do with cinnamon buns and coffee.
My son who turns 20 next month has his first trip to Disney at 11 months old. Our bodies just instinctively turn in to the MSB for our breakfast during each visit.........more nostalgia here.
hockeymomNS is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: