Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-02-2012, 02:32 PM   #1
nkereina
Wendy Darling

maybe crossing paths with Pop Warner 2013... would you change??

Planning for next December and it's been hard to speculate which week and which resorts Pop Warner will be at. With Thanksgiving falling late next year, most sources guess they will be there the second week of December which is what they have done in the past. As for the resort choices, I have to guess for now that they will be at CBR and CSR for the moderates again, since that's what they are using this year.

All that being said, I am tentatively planning for Monday 12/2-Tuesday 12/10 next year staying at CSR. Assuming everything above holds true, would you change your resort or dates knowing the end of your trip crosses paths with the arrival of Pop Warner for four days? Pop Warner would likely arrive on Saturday 12/7 and we wouldn't leave until late Tuesday 12/10.

What are your thoughts? Would also love to hear if anyone has any different guesses for PW resorts/dates in 2013...
nkereina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 02:37 PM   #2
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Considering the fact that I have gone the week after Thanksgiving for several years and Pop Warner always arrives the Saturday when I leave a week later, the schedule has not changed.

I have been there the earliest day and the latest day for Thanksgiving and they always show up the Saturday that I leave.

Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Missytara is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-03-2012, 05:03 PM   #3
nkereina
Wendy Darling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missytara View Post
Considering the fact that I have gone the week after Thanksgiving for several years and Pop Warner always arrives the Saturday when I leave a week later, the schedule has not changed.

I have been there the earliest day and the latest day for Thanksgiving and they always show up the Saturday that I leave.
Yes, there has been some arguments saying that Pop Warner is "always" the first full week of December - which means next year would be the week after Thanksgiving, and some say that it is two weeks after Thanksgiving (regardless of when in December that is) which means next year would be the second week of Thanksgiving.

So, assuming I do cross paths with Pop Warner by 4 days at the end of my trip, would that be enough to warrant a resort or date change for you?
Old 12-03-2012, 05:10 PM   #4
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkereina

Yes, there has been some arguments saying that Pop Warner is "always" the first full week of December - which means next year would be the week after Thanksgiving, and some say that it is two weeks after Thanksgiving (regardless of when in December that is) which means next year would be the second week of Thanksgiving.

So, assuming I do cross paths with Pop Warner by 4 days at the end of my trip, would that be enough to warrant a resort or date change for you?
Only if I were in the same resort.

Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Missytara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 05:15 PM   #5
CoolDisneyCat
DVC member - BCV

We're looking at the same dates and have the same concern. We'll be staying at BCV, so hopefully we will be in the clear.
Old 12-03-2012, 05:38 PM   #6
nkereina
Wendy Darling

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolDisneyCat View Post
We're looking at the same dates and have the same concern. We'll be staying at BCV, so hopefully we will be in the clear.
Yes, you will be fine. Deluxe hasn't been an option for them in years past and I don't see it becoming one...
Old 12-03-2012, 05:42 PM   #7
chocovrdmicears
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkereina View Post

Same dates different resorts - I wouldn't change.
Same dates same resort - I would change.
Old 12-03-2012, 07:19 PM   #8
JennyDrake
Darkwing Duck's Biggest Fan

NO!NO!NO!

I am 40 something and Childless by Choice. I can hardly be called "Child Friendly." I have been at WDW at least 8 times during PW and at least 6 times at the SAME value resort. I have never, ever had an issue with the kids. In fact, I find them to be polite and even conversive.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:05 AM   #9
Ckhca2
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyDrake View Post
NO!NO!NO!

I am 40 something and Childless by Choice. I can hardly be called "Child Friendly." I have been at WDW at least 8 times during PW and at least 6 times at the SAME value resort. I have never, ever had an issue with the kids. In fact, I find them to be polite and even conversive.
I just got back from WDW yesterday, staying at Movies, and the Pop Warner kids started to arrive on Friday. I was a little leery, but had no issues whatsoever with them. They were very well behaved and none of the issues I was worried about (crowding, rowdiness, etc) happened.

WDW - March 2000 - Offsite
WDW - Sept. 2008 - All Star Music
WDW - Sept. 2009 - All Star Movies
WDW - March 2010 - All Star Music
WDW - Sept. 2010- French Quarter
WDW - Oct. 2010 - Coronado Springs
WDW - Dec. 2010 - Coronado Springs
WDW - Nov. 2011 - Agent Education Program
Disney Fantasy Preview Cruise - March 23-26, 2012
Disney Dream and WDW, Nov. 10, 2013
Disney Wonder, Feb. 6, 2015
Ckhca2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:01 AM   #10
JimPGH
Earning My Ears

I'm going to avoid it.
JimPGH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:55 AM   #11
dillydilly
Mouseketeer

I just got back from POP a couple of days ago. The Pop Warner kids arrived on Friday. The first night they were a little loud in the pool area until about 11pm and then all was quiet (I left on Sunday). I would not have noticed them there except for the signage/table they had and their sports/cheer shirts. I would say they were pretty well behaved as well.
dillydilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 06:47 PM   #12
jesscahens
Hospitality worker

same issue

I seem to be having the same thing going on in the back of my mind. I am going December 3-13th. And want to stay at one of the Port Orleans Resorts, which ive heard they stay at riverside cause i guess of the 5 person occupancy thing.
Ive heard different things then you tho. I've heard that the PW weekend is always the 1st weekend in Dec. and that they usually stay at the All Star Resorts. I've toyed with going the next week but I also don't want to be traveling that close to the Christmas holiday. So i'm gunna suck it up and hope fore the best. I have to also say that on another forum place I have seen people say that the parks and attractions in the morning aren't as crowded because the pop warner people are all at ESPN area. So I think that if I'm not a resort that they are at I will manage to endore.

Eaither way I'm sure a Blast will be had!!!
Old 12-04-2012, 07:11 PM   #13
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesscahens View Post
I seem to be having the same thing going on in the back of my mind. I am going December 3-13th. And want to stay at one of the Port Orleans Resorts, which ive heard they stay at riverside cause i guess of the 5 person occupancy thing.
Ive heard different things then you tho. I've heard that the PW weekend is always the 1st weekend in Dec. and that they usually stay at the All Star Resorts. I've toyed with going the next week but I also don't want to be traveling that close to the Christmas holiday. So i'm gunna suck it up and hope fore the best. I have to also say that on another forum place I have seen people say that the parks and attractions in the morning aren't as crowded because the pop warner people are all at ESPN area. So I think that if I'm not a resort that they are at I will manage to endore.

Eaither way I'm sure a Blast will be had!!!
They have not stayed at POR the past 2 years. This year the moderates were CBR and CSR.

http://www.popwarnersb.com/12superbo...ection%201.pdf

It's not a weekend, it's a full week. They arrive the Saturday after Thanksgiving weekend (so Dec 7 next year) and stay through the following Friday or Saturday.

Last edited by DebbieB; 12-04-2012 at 07:16 PM. Reason: added link
DebbieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:25 PM   #14
Karabee
DIS Veteran

We just got back from 1 night at POP and 3 at SSR. The PW crowd was coming to POP and I felt we got out just in time. I will say they are well behaved for the most part, but it just makes the place feel so crowded to me.

Places checked off the hotel list : Poly, Poly CL, SSR, BC, DI, AKL, OKW, GF, WL, CBR, POR, POP
Karabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:49 AM   #15
lylone
All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them

We are here at POFQ and haven't seen any of them in the resort or on the buses. Saw some yeaterday at HS and Epcot but in small groups and with parenys behind them. No incidents at all....will let you know if that changes but itbseems unlikely.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: