Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-03-2012, 08:03 AM   #1
aprilfoolwed
DIS Veteran

Aprilfoolwed's QOD

Of course I have more questions! LOL

Tickets - where's the best place to buy park tickets? We have 4 one-day passes that one person will use, but we'll need to buy 4 4-day passes. We are AAA members - any discount there? Undercover Tourist?

When to visit - we'll be there Jan 8-11 (Tues-Fri). I checked the crowds calenders and it is listed as low for all four days. Should we be concerned about which days we visit which park? We have one park per day access. We'll do two days at each park. For us newbies, is it better to start with the studios and follow up with IOA, or doesn't really matter? I do want to figure it out because I want to make ressies at Mythos for one of the days that we'll be in IOA.

Walkability - how walkable are the parks for kids? Our youngest is 6 and does not generally use a stroller, but we usually take it on vacation. We're flying and won't take ours this time, but the rental house offers one. He's a trooper when it comes to walking, but poops out at Disney! LOL I love the stroller for holding our stuff, but not sure we need it for Universal?

Food from home - can we take snacks and drinks into the park?

Lockers - for the rides that require no bags, are the lockers free? Is there any problems getting the lockers?

Thanks to all who have been so helpful! Quite a change doing a park with no eperience - I am usually the one helping friends about Disney!

2009 (Windsor Palms), 2010 (1-day visit from Tampa area), 2011 (Emerald Island), Universal Studios Trip - Jan 2013 (Rolling Hills) - Waiting for Mommy to finish her Master's Degree, then we're off to see the World in May/June 2015!
aprilfoolwed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:24 AM   #2
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

Yes, Undercovertourist is the best place.

Since the new Wizarding World has gone in, the first two weeks in January have been very busy. I would stick to the middle of the week. It shouldn't matter which park you do first.

The parks are small but you are still walking all day.

You can take snacks and drinks in as long as the drink bottles are sealed...just like at Disney.

Lockers are free at the six required rides. You shouldn't have an issue getthing them. The only one that gets really busy is Forbidden Journey. That one may cost you some time.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-03-2012, 11:43 AM   #3
johde
DIS Veteran

Another option to consider would be if the 4 one day tickets are regular tickets (do not say comp on them) this would include tickets from credit card rewards etc, you could see about upgrading the 4 one day tickets to 4 four day tickets.

For example, I have a 1 day ticket I got with my chase credit card points that I'm upgrading to a 3 day ticket when I get there.

Several Trips off site and at Grandma house going back to 1976
Dec 2002 OKW; Dec 2003 OKW; Sept 2004 BWV&OKW; Dec 2005 OKW Sept 2006 BWV: Sept 2007 BWV & AKV
Dec 2009 AKV & BWV: Sept 2011 VCG and the Disneyland Half Marathon: Jan 2013 OKW and AKV New years at Disney. Jan. 2015 AKV/ Cabana Bay?
johde is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 06:53 PM   #4
aprilfoolwed
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by johde View Post
Another option to consider would be if the 4 one day tickets are regular tickets (do not say comp on them) this would include tickets from credit card rewards etc, you could see about upgrading the 4 one day tickets to 4 four day tickets.

For example, I have a 1 day ticket I got with my chase credit card points that I'm upgrading to a 3 day ticket when I get there.
Does that make a difference? The tickets I have are from Coke Rewards. Not sure if they are just tickets or if they say comp (they've been packed away for nearly a year!). What would upgrading them to a 4-day instead of 4 one-day do for me?

2009 (Windsor Palms), 2010 (1-day visit from Tampa area), 2011 (Emerald Island), Universal Studios Trip - Jan 2013 (Rolling Hills) - Waiting for Mommy to finish her Master's Degree, then we're off to see the World in May/June 2015!
aprilfoolwed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:33 PM   #5
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
I’m a Universal Homie

Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)

if you are taking in drinks, glass bottles/containers are not allowed in the parks.

macraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 12:04 PM   #6
johde
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilfoolwed View Post
Does that make a difference? The tickets I have are from Coke Rewards. Not sure if they are just tickets or if they say comp (they've been packed away for nearly a year!). What would upgrading them to a 4-day instead of 4 one-day do for me?
Unfortunately, according to this thread the coke reward tickets are considered complimentary and not able to be upgraded. Had they been regular tickets you would have paid the difference in prices between what you "paid" and the price of a 4 day tickets.

Several Trips off site and at Grandma house going back to 1976
Dec 2002 OKW; Dec 2003 OKW; Sept 2004 BWV&OKW; Dec 2005 OKW Sept 2006 BWV: Sept 2007 BWV & AKV
Dec 2009 AKV & BWV: Sept 2011 VCG and the Disneyland Half Marathon: Jan 2013 OKW and AKV New years at Disney. Jan. 2015 AKV/ Cabana Bay?
johde is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: