Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-03-2012, 03:46 PM   #1
nksmama
Earning My Ears

Gift/upgrade for in laws?

My ILs are Disney fanatics and are taking their (3) adult children and all their families on a 4 night cruise in July. We are looking for a good christmas gift for them that can be associated with the cruise - originally thinking about getting a cabana for them on castaway cay
but for various reasons this is not going to be
happening (too many people, not really excited about this etc) Any ideas suggestions ? I can't find much on gift ideas. They aren't big on wine for instance, (no delivery options to their state room that would work for them) or spas so that's really out.
We will be on board for 4th July - any ideas how to find out if there are any special extras we can take part in? I have no idea if the cruise line works the same way as WDW.

Thanks in advance!
nksmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:29 PM   #2
meajuly5
DIS Veteran

Book A palo dinner for them and get the photo packAge so you can make them a fabulous memory book of the whole family. Make sure to get one or two whole family pics. You can have the kids hold up a sign that says we love you grandma and grandpa in one. Can you book a great excursion for them?
meajuly5 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-03-2012, 04:56 PM   #3
Lisa Lisa
DIS Veteran

Those are two really good ideas. I was going to suggest that you reserve a table for them at Palo or Remy, but I like the photo idea even better. There will probably be tons of photos for your group, and compiling them all into a photo book would be an amazing keepsake. If you use Snapfish or Shutterfly (or one of the other, similar sites), you could create a beautiful book with captions and a custom cover for them. Sounds like a fun trip!

Disney Dream ~ February 12-16, 2012
Disney Fantasy ~ March 23-30, 2013
Disney Dream ~ September 1-5, 2013 * Trip Report: Living the Suite Life on the Dream ~ Sept. 1-5, 2013
Disney Fantasy ~ April 19-26, 2014

Last edited by Lisa Lisa; 12-03-2012 at 05:44 PM.
Lisa Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 05:39 PM   #4
nksmama
Earning My Ears

Thanks!! I hadn't considered a photo album so I will bring this idea up. I like this!

I had thought about an activity but they aren't very active so I'm not sure if there is anything that would appeal to them.

The whole idea of this cruise for them is being with their children and grandchildren. So perhaps a photo package etc.
nksmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 06:00 PM   #5
Gilland18
DIS Veteran

I vote for the photo package/photo book idea, too. My parents did the same thing for our family last year. We pooled everybody's photos and made a photo book for them. Great memories!

Kim

WDW 1984, Polynesian/Wonder 2003, Pop Century 2006,
Wonder Alaska 2011, Wonder EBPC 2012, Magic WBTA 2014
Gilland18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 07:24 PM   #6
meajuly5
DIS Veteran

They are great memories. You can make one on disney's website (even on board I believe). If you buy the cd, you can use your own candida ruth their shots as well. Did one for my parents and they loved it. Now that my dad has passed, we all treasure it
meajuly5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: