DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-02-2012, 02:24 PM   #1
standardgirl
believing in magic

Magical Express via MS - don't understand what the issues are with MS

So I sent in a Magical Express reservation using the online form on DVC members' website. I put in the guest names (my mom and brother) and a contact address (my brother's address which is in the states) as instructed in the form. I also included their flight information (domestic flights only). I then got a confirmation from MS via email with information related to international arrival which seems rather like a mistake to me (as I have an international address on my membership).

I emailed back to MS just to confirm that they've got this reservation correctly and that they've got my mom/brother's domestic address from the form and they'll send them the transportation booklet (so they can use the luggage services) to the address provided on the Magical Express booking form. I then got a reply from MS saying that because I am the primary guest in this DVC reservation booking (dah... it's my membership and I'm going), they have just used my international address by default!? OK.. then why did they ask for the name of the guests on the Magical Express booking form and the contact address!? Surely, people share DVC villas from family/friends who don't live together, how can MS just use my address - this is beyond my comprehension.

sorry for the complaint... I just feel like Disney should be able to deal with their bookings better. We are a party of 4 people who will be flying into Orlando from 3 different countries! If I've provided a contact address on the Magical Express booking form as instructed, I expect DVC to use this information... not impressed My name is not even on this Magical Express booking form as it's only for my mom and brother.

Anyone else had similar experience?

ps. I still need to book Magical Express for myself and my other half (we are flying in from two different countries) - and now I'm rather worried that this is just going to confused MS entirely and mess up what's booked for my mom and brother!

2009 Bahamas Wonder | 2010 Mediterranean Magic | 2011 Alaska Wonder | 2012 Canada Magic | 2013 Western Fantasy
Tokyo x2 | California x2 | Florida WDW x6 | Hong Kong x1 | Paris Disneyland in planning
2013 ABD Peru

wendy rich dale tinker dora | purring forever chip (2003-2007)
standardgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 02:37 PM   #2
dvcterry
DIS Veteran

We have issues all the time.

All the time.

Yesterday they called our house. We have a reservation that had missing date & the waitlist came through. On the waitlist reservation he is the lead. For the remainder, I am the lead.

They kept asking me if we live at the same address because it didn't have his address listed. I said of course, he's my husband where did you think he lives P. Sherman, 42 wallaby way, Sydney? Yet for our April trip he is the lead and our address shows.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-02-2012, 02:38 PM   #3
vek239
Mouseketeer

If you're all under one reservation, I think they send the ME booklet to your address. We had a similar experience in September. Not international flights, but 3 families flying in from different states, one reservation #. I had to mail everyone their luggage tags and ME tickets after they all came to me, even though I had submitted their flight information separately.

Next week we'll be there with again with other family members, but each of us is under a different reservation #, so the ME booklets were mailed directly to each couple.
vek239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 02:44 PM   #4
kristenrice
DIS Veteran

We went in June...4 families...15 people...2 villas...and everyone's DME information was sent to me as I am the member. I just mailed everyone's tags to them the day after they arrived and all was well. I prefer this method because then I know that everyone received their tags if I am in charge of delivering them instead of MS.

2001 OKW 2002 WL for HONEYMOON!January 2008 POP/OKW October 2008 AKV GIRLS ONLY! June 2009 AKV October 2009 POP with my BFF for my Birthday April 2010 AKV April 2011 HHI Oct 2011 BLT/BWV with DSiL June 2012 GRAND GATHERING at OKW April 2013 HHI November 2013 AKV *1st Half-Marathon*Oct 2014 Surprising the Nieces at AKV
kristenrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 02:59 PM   #5
standardgirl
believing in magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristenrice View Post
We went in June...4 families...15 people...2 villas...and everyone's DME information was sent to me as I am the member. I just mailed everyone's tags to them the day after they arrived and all was well. I prefer this method because then I know that everyone received their tags if I am in charge of delivering them instead of MS.
On one hand, I don't mind them mailing everything to me as long as they include the luggage tags (since I don't think they mail luggage tags to international guests otherwise) so that mom and brother can use the service. But then on the other hand, I honestly don't feel like paying out of pocket to send the luggage tags to the US from Switzerland myself when DVC couldn't sent them directly.

Disney Cruise Line is so much better in this respect - they send booklet for each traveler with a different address even though we're booked in the same room (and hence one reservation number).

2009 Bahamas Wonder | 2010 Mediterranean Magic | 2011 Alaska Wonder | 2012 Canada Magic | 2013 Western Fantasy
Tokyo x2 | California x2 | Florida WDW x6 | Hong Kong x1 | Paris Disneyland in planning
2013 ABD Peru

wendy rich dale tinker dora | purring forever chip (2003-2007)
standardgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 05:05 PM   #6
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by standardgirl View Post
So I sent in a Magical Express reservation using the online form on DVC members' website. I put in the guest names (my mom and brother) and a contact address (my brother's address which is in the states) as instructed in the form. I also included their flight information (domestic flights only). I then got a confirmation from MS via email with information related to international arrival which seems rather like a mistake to me (as I have an international address on my membership).

I emailed back to MS just to confirm that they've got this reservation correctly and that they've got my mom/brother's domestic address from the form and they'll send them the transportation booklet (so they can use the luggage services) to the address provided on the Magical Express booking form. I then got a reply from MS saying that because I am the primary guest in this DVC reservation booking (dah... it's my membership and I'm going), they have just used my international address by default!? OK.. then why did they ask for the name of the guests on the Magical Express booking form and the contact address!? Surely, people share DVC villas from family/friends who don't live together, how can MS just use my address - this is beyond my comprehension.

sorry for the complaint... I just feel like Disney should be able to deal with their bookings better. We are a party of 4 people who will be flying into Orlando from 3 different countries! If I've provided a contact address on the Magical Express booking form as instructed, I expect DVC to use this information... not impressed My name is not even on this Magical Express booking form as it's only for my mom and brother.

Anyone else had similar experience?

ps. I still need to book Magical Express for myself and my other half (we are flying in from two different countries) - and now I'm rather worried that this is just going to confused MS entirely and mess up what's booked for my mom and brother!
If you want something done right, do it yourself.

The request form on the member website requires that MS re-type the info into the DME system. Sometimes they make mistakes.

Give DME a call at (866) 599-0951 and see what they can do for you.

Bill

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 06:02 PM   #7
jstarcze
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynutz View Post

Give DME a call at (866) 599-0951 and see what they can do for you.

Bill
I agree with this. MS messed up my reservation a few months ago. When I found the error I just called DME and they took care of it.
Old 12-03-2012, 06:13 AM   #8
Jousey
Dis Dad #694
All I can think of is a pole dancer
Is there a pill for this condition or do I just keep up the cycle of going to Disney

We just had an experiance were we had 5 people staying in one Villa and only 3 of us were flying in the other 2 drove. We got ME tags for all 5 and the name of the person all the materals came in was one of the 2 people driving and a non DVC member. ME was kinda confused when we showed up. And the whole trip the resort would call and ask to speak to my grandmother about the accomidations, it was booked with DW points.

Jousey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 06:47 AM   #9
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jousey View Post
We just had an experiance were we had 5 people staying in one Villa and only 3 of us were flying in the other 2 drove. We got ME tags for all 5 and the name of the person all the materals came in was one of the 2 people driving and a non DVC member. ME was kinda confused when we showed up. And the whole trip the resort would call and ask to speak to my grandmother about the accomidations, it was booked with DW points.
The lead name being incorrect is a separate software issue that has been going on for a year or so. I am hoping that tonights software update addresses the issue.

Bill

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:36 AM   #10
hidingmickey
wuteva

I would bite the bullet and call MS. I know the call isn't free, but do you really want to be sure the trip you are all traveling from different corners of the earth to get to is messed up because you wanted to save a couple of $ (either in phone charges or mail?). My mom travels with us, she doesn't live with us BUT like I said she travels with us. Her tickets and tag come to my house. She and I are co-owners on the DVC share, too, so they have her address and my address on everything.

But honestly, I'd not harbor a few bucks if I was this stressed out about it. I agree it makes no sense why they can't send them out separately. It has to be something with their system though because we needed just 1 extra bag tag this trip, I called for 1 tag and MS said they will be sending us 3 more tags ( there are 3 in the party). It is probably just the way the system works/prints/mails.
hidingmickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:39 PM   #11
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

My DS's family lives in Florida and drive. Whenever we are staying with them the ME comes with luggage tags for each of them, and the book says "no flight information given."

I do wish Disney would send each flier their own ME information.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: