Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 12-03-2012, 04:56 PM   #1591
chiburple
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 354

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlOutlaw View Post
I stopped for a photo op at the umbrella twice (each time it was feb . 2010&2012) neither time did the rain feature work. They may shut it off during cold weather?.?
That is a good theory. Defiantly could be it.

It also seemed like the giant coke bottle wasn't releasing mist and I know that was working back in September of this year.
__________________
chiburple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:04 PM   #1592
2012bella13
Mouseketeer
 
2012bella13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: NEVER NEVER LAND
Posts: 283

A few more tips

Here are a couple of tips:

1. Take a wet wash cloth put it in a ziploc, stick it in the freezer overnight. Put it in your cooler or backpack, Use it on hot days to cool off your face & neck, it will refresh you, it will be wet & cold by the middle of the day. This is from a beach bather - she gave me that tip a long time ago & it cost you nothing.

2. When taking a bag or cooler to Disney if you have anything like a cup or bowl, you will want to put it in a clear ziplock because when I went last year a bag checker had a stick & used it to look at everything, he poked in all the cups & bowls, so I could not use them for my DD, who knows what that stick has touched!

3.Take something for you child to have to snack on while pushing her thru the parks, they will see all of the other kids with lollipops, the second day I figured out that if my DD had a ring pop she was quite as a mouse! & I did not have to buy one of those expensive ones that take you forever to open & they never finish, you either eat it, save for later or throw it in the trash!! ( next trip is in Feb. I going to try that again - but she is older almost by 2yrs, so I do not know if it will work as good-LOL!!-going to celebrate her 5th birthday)

I finally got thru the whole thread, great tips!!
__________________
:-DD,4yrs Bella DH
Disney World Trip Febuary 2013 A.O.A. Cars Suite
MAW-GKTW
MAKE A WISH TRIP MAY 2011
2012bella13 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 12-06-2012, 12:18 PM   #1593
bdklein
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: In a House
Posts: 1,862

Free filtered water (not bottled) at counter service (like most fast food places).
bdklein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 04:00 PM   #1594
gracer9977
Happiness is Disney
 
gracer9977's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Hillsboro, NH
Posts: 474

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012bella13 View Post
Here are a couple of tips:

1. Take a wet wash cloth put it in a ziploc, stick it in the freezer overnight. Put it in your cooler or backpack, Use it on hot days to cool off your face & neck, it will refresh you, it will be wet & cold by the middle of the day. This is from a beach bather - she gave me that tip a long time ago & it cost you nothing.

2. When taking a bag or cooler to Disney if you have anything like a cup or bowl, you will want to put it in a clear ziplock because when I went last year a bag checker had a stick & used it to look at everything, he poked in all the cups & bowls, so I could not use them for my DD, who knows what that stick has touched!

3.Take something for you child to have to snack on while pushing her thru the parks, they will see all of the other kids with lollipops, the second day I figured out that if my DD had a ring pop she was quite as a mouse! & I did not have to buy one of those expensive ones that take you forever to open & they never finish, you either eat it, save for later or throw it in the trash!! ( next trip is in Feb. I going to try that again - but she is older almost by 2yrs, so I do not know if it will work as good-LOL!!-going to celebrate her 5th birthday)

I finally got thru the whole thread, great tips!!
I had read that tip for the baggies with the frozen washcloth and I remember thinking I am not going to be that hot (we left from NH in Sept). However by midway through our first 90 degree day I had my baggies with the washcloths in the stroller.

We always bring a cooler of food in with us and make sure we have snacks for the kids. Seems like they are always hungry and always want something when they see another child walk by eating something. This saves us from having to constantly find something for them to eat and pay $5.00 for a bag of popcorn, a lollipop or Popsicle.
__________________
Me 41 : DH 41 DD 9 DS 6 Zera
DisneyLand 1973-78, First trip to the World stayed offsite 1988 and 1992 Stayed on Disney Property 2006 (CBR), 2011 (POR), 2014 (CBR)
gracer9977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:40 PM   #1595
fuzzlekins
Mouseketeer
 
fuzzlekins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 493

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdklein View Post
Free filtered water (not bottled) at counter service (like most fast food places).
How can you tell whether or not the water is filtered? I'm not fond of drinking water from foreign locales (can create stomach issues of course) so I'm wondering if the water being filtered would fix the issue. We typically pack bottled water and this time we'll have the big mugs from the resort, but in the restaurants, I really don't want to order a high-calorie or carbonated drink (we're on the DP).
__________________
11/4-11/12/10
2/4-2/11/12
2/1-2/9/13
1/31-2/9/14
fuzzlekins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 06:19 AM   #1596
afnaechiquita
DIS Veteran
 
afnaechiquita's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 804

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzlekins View Post
How can you tell whether or not the water is filtered? I'm not fond of drinking water from foreign locales (can create stomach issues of course) so I'm wondering if the water being filtered would fix the issue. We typically pack bottled water and this time we'll have the big mugs from the resort, but in the restaurants, I really don't want to order a high-calorie or carbonated drink (we're on the DP).
You might want to look into something like this: http://www.waterbobble.com/
__________________
WDW (off-site) '90 - Caribbean Beach '07 - French Quarter '08 - Riverside '11 - Riverside '12 - Tokyo DisneySea '12 (one-post quick TR here!) - DLR (off-site) '13 - Grand Californian '14 (presidential suite tour here!) - Yacht Club '14
Princess Half Marathoner '11 - '12 - GSC '14 for runGKTW! - training for DLH '14 for SOSC!

afnaechiquita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:03 AM   #1597
jemh628
Mouseketeer
 
jemh628's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 171

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzlekins

How can you tell whether or not the water is filtered? I'm not fond of drinking water from foreign locales (can create stomach issues of course) so I'm wondering if the water being filtered would fix the issue. We typically pack bottled water and this time we'll have the big mugs from the resort, but in the restaurants, I really don't want to order a high-calorie or carbonated drink (we're on the DP).
We took the Camelbak water bottles with the charcoal filters and just hooked them to the outside of our backpack. It was easy and a huge moneysaver and the water tasted great.
__________________
>
jemh628 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 02:34 AM   #1598
fuzzlekins
Mouseketeer
 
fuzzlekins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 493

Quote:
Originally Posted by afnaechiquita View Post
You might want to look into something like this: http://www.waterbobble.com/
This sounds good. Does it really kill the bad taste that FL is notorious for?
__________________
11/4-11/12/10
2/4-2/11/12
2/1-2/9/13
1/31-2/9/14
fuzzlekins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 06:37 AM   #1599
Sandie08
Earning My Ears
 
Sandie08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthMama
My magical tip -- if you go to Enchanted Tales with Belle in the new Fantasyland section, volunteer to be part of the show. It's a lot of fun (even saying just one line) and you get a nice picture with Belle and a bookmark from her. Great fun for both kids & grown-ups. My daughter got to play the horse and I was the maid/feather duster when we went on Nov. 7 and we are all still laughing about it.
Thanks for this advise we will be there the week of Christmas I will make sure we volunteer for this!
Sandie08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 09:59 PM   #1600
disneyjes
Earning My Ears
 
disneyjes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 33

Thank you everyone for the great tips! Subbing so I can keep reading them! <3
__________________
Jessica , DH & DS(6)
Planning for our first WDW trip for April or May 2013!
Eating gluten, soy and dairy free. Celiac won't keep me from Disney!

disneyjes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 11:04 PM   #1601
afnaechiquita
DIS Veteran
 
afnaechiquita's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 804

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzlekins View Post
This sounds good. Does it really kill the bad taste that FL is notorious for?
I am not sure, because I'm not sensitive to water tastes. I imagine it would though?
__________________
WDW (off-site) '90 - Caribbean Beach '07 - French Quarter '08 - Riverside '11 - Riverside '12 - Tokyo DisneySea '12 (one-post quick TR here!) - DLR (off-site) '13 - Grand Californian '14 (presidential suite tour here!) - Yacht Club '14
Princess Half Marathoner '11 - '12 - GSC '14 for runGKTW! - training for DLH '14 for SOSC!

afnaechiquita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 04:49 PM   #1602
bdklein
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: In a House
Posts: 1,862

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzlekins View Post
How can you tell whether or not the water is filtered?
I have been told that the CS water is filtered, and it sure tasted that way. Tasted fine to me. Especially when compared to the hotel bathroom, water fountain by Main Street/Castle, etc.
bdklein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 02:24 PM   #1603
Samish
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 19

I read on this thread somwhere about foldable water bottles. I just picked up 3 for $5 at Target. They have sport squirter top and attached carabiner clips.
Going to DW in 10 days so I am sure these will come handy!
Samish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 02:39 PM   #1604
brennicksmom
!!!
 
brennicksmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 461

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samish
I read on this thread somwhere about foldable water bottles. I just picked up 3 for $5 at Target. They have sport squirter top and attached carabiner clips.
Going to DW in 10 days so I am sure these will come handy!
I just found these yesterday at Big Lots for $1.00 each. And they are bpa free
__________________

June 2004 All Star Movies, June 2005 All Star Movies, June 2006 POP Century, June 2007 POP Century, June 2008 POP Century, June 2009 POP/POLY split stay, February 2010 POP Century, June 2011 POP Century, May 2012 POP Century, May/June 2014 AKL Kidani/Boardwalk split stay
brennicksmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 10:41 PM   #1605
newbie2013
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 99

I only on page 13 but trying to catch up!
Love that early tips said to take a Polaroid of your tickets or of kids! My how far times have come
newbie2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
3rd Disney ship on the drawing board disneyfan73 Disney Cruise Line Forum 16 10-03-2005 07:31 AM
Collecting DCL pins djs113 Trades/Wants Board 1 03-16-2005 09:26 PM
New AP discount questions Carl Purchasing DVC 8 03-14-2005 08:01 PM
A Disney Dream Comes True/Happy Disney Birthday to DS! February 15-19, 2005 GADISNEYGIRL Completed Trip Reports 1 03-09-2005 08:59 AM
šoš Yeahhhhh... "13" days to WDW Mousefest Mega-Mouse Meet... UPDATES. šoš RaySharpton Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies 111 11-29-2004 08:08 AM

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:06 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright Đ 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: