Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-03-2012, 10:39 AM   #1021
EpcotIsMyFave
Mouseketeer

Wow! I just found this thread and I am 50 days out! (49 actually, since we are driving to the airport in Chicago the night before since we have a 6:05 AM flight)

We are going the 22-30 of January and staying at Pop on the s/p/d deal, upgraded to the regular DDP after seeing the cost of a meal at CRT!

This is a surprise for the kids and we are telling them on Christmas day - I can't wait, I am so very excited!!!!!!

Pop Jan 2013
Caribbean Beach 2010
Port Orleans Riverside 2009, Pop 2008,
All-Star Movies 2007, Pop 2005, All-Star Music 2003
EpcotIsMyFave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 02:09 PM   #1022
mickeyplanner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzznina View Post
They did the ceramic activity, you buy a piece($3-$5) paint it and they will tell you to pick it up later after they put it in their kiln. Both our DD's really like rubbing. AKL has two or three 4' brass circle imbedded in their lobby floor with african symbols, plants and animals engraved on it. You just ask a CM for some paper and crayons and then lay the paper over a part of the circle and lightly rub the crayon over the paper and whatever you put the paper on will start showing up on the paper as a picture. Hint; take the paper off the crayon and rub using it on it's side. We had all 4 of us sitting in the middle of the lobby floor doing this It makes a very unique souvenir
I would also highly recommend doing the night vision, it is also free. Google aklresort and they have a copy of the animal list that the resort gives out and a lot of good info. Have a great time. Only 32 days before we will be back at the world
Thanks for all the tips, we will be back in 34 days and we got our Mickey Mail over the weekend.

mickeyplanner is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-03-2012, 03:47 PM   #1023
Echo queen
I like the idea of being close to the action
I had to buy another piece of luggage today and shoes and a floppy hat
The camping trip got a little hairy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinFallsChurch View Post
If I'm mistaken, hope someone can correct me, but as best as I can remember, the Magical Express tickets are a separate thing from what most folks refer to as "Mickey Mail". Mickey Mail consists of a booklet that includes your a reservation summary sheet that includes the names of the guests included in the package along with the lodging ressie and park pass information. It will also include air travel summary and car rental vouchers as well as some other coupons and vouchers that's included as your Magic Your Way Package. Finally, the mailing will also include some Disney themed luggage tags to help you label your luggage BUT is different and separate from your Magical Express Tickets.

My understanding is that the Magical Express tickets arrive first. Then the Mickey Mail and in some cases, the Mickey Mail may not arrive until 2-3 weeks prior to your arrival date. Also, if you did not book a vacation package (such as those who book room-only ressies), you will not receive the Mickey Mail.

Hope this helps!!
Everything came together this time for me, so they do change it sometimes. Past visits I did receive 2 separate mailing as you describe above.

Echo queen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 03:48 PM   #1024
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caseystigger View Post
So excited to be going back! My sister and I are having a girls only weekend Jan 18-21st. We're staying at POR Royal Guest Room River View! SO EXCITED!!
& added
A girls weekend sounds like so much fun!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpcotIsMyFave View Post
Wow! I just found this thread and I am 50 days out! (49 actually, since we are driving to the airport in Chicago the night before since we have a 6:05 AM flight)

We are going the 22-30 of January and staying at Pop on the s/p/d deal, upgraded to the regular DDP after seeing the cost of a meal at CRT!

This is a surprise for the kids and we are telling them on Christmas day - I can't wait, I am so very excited!!!!!!
& added
Have you decided how you are telling them on Christmas day? I can't wait to hear how excited, I'm sure they will be. Heck, if someone did that for me on Christmas, I would be.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:09 PM   #1025
mom of lil princess
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo queen

Everything came together this time for me, so they do change it sometimes. Past visits I did receive 2 separate mailing as you describe above.
Mine came today in the mail and luggage tags and booklet were all together..

1986,1991,1996, 2009, jan 2013
mom of lil princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:31 PM   #1026
Penguin312
Earning My Ears

We received our ME packet on Saturday and then luggage tags and package info today. A month and a few days. I can barely contain the excitement.
Old 12-04-2012, 01:17 PM   #1027
mickeyplanner
DIS Veteran

2013 dvd

To add to the excitment of our upcoming January trip, we received the 2013 Planning DVD in the mail today.

Old 12-04-2012, 09:55 PM   #1028
haPevraftr
DIS Veteran

Awesome!!! We leave in 24 days!!!!!!!
Visited WDW many times as a child; Engagement trip OKW '01 ; Disneyland '04 and '05; Off-site '06 and '07 ; Pop Century '08 ; POFQ '09 ; ASMo '10 ; CSR '11 ; AKL/SVR '12 ;NYE '12-'13 WBC Easter '13, SLR/CBR ;Thanksgiving '13, VVP; WBC '14, ; WBC/ASSp Spring Break 2015
haPevraftr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:17 PM   #1029
niffer5150
Mouseketeer

32 days left to go and i'm dying to get our mickey mail. this is awful. everyday I rush to the mail box only to find it chock full of disappointment. how do you kill time and distract yourself? I swear im worse than a 6 year old on xmas eve.
niffer5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:23 PM   #1030
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyplanner View Post
To add to the excitment of our upcoming January trip, we received the 2013 Planning DVD in the mail today.
That is awesome!! I think I'll order one for our June 2013 trip.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 12-05-2012, 10:24 AM   #1031
SgtsWifeandmommyof4
Mouseketeer

I know we are all counting down the days now. YAY!! Im so excited for our trip and for everyone that is about to embark on magical adventures of your own! I wanted to ask a question if I may. My family has only taken 1 vacation before. We drove for 27 hours to MA when DH came home from Afghanistan last time. Packing was eh. lol I only had 3 kids, it was still pretty warm so summer clothes were small and in full swing. Ive begun packing but man am I overwhelmed! We have another baby now and while his clothes are small, he comes with so much stuff!

My question is, do any of you have a system for this? Oh and I should mention this trip is a surprise so packing has to be in secret......which makes things harder.

SgtsWifeandmommyof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:02 PM   #1032
kdog_1981
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtsWifeandmommyof4
I know we are all counting down the days now. YAY!! Im so excited for our trip and for everyone that is about to embark on magical adventures of your own! I wanted to ask a question if I may. My family has only taken 1 vacation before. We drove for 27 hours to MA when DH came home from Afghanistan last time. Packing was eh. lol I only had 3 kids, it was still pretty warm so summer clothes were small and in full swing. Ive begun packing but man am I overwhelmed! We have another baby now and while his clothes are small, he comes with so much stuff!

My question is, do any of you have a system for this? Oh and I should mention this trip is a surprise so packing has to be in secret......which makes things harder.

You can always do laundry at the resort. I did this last time and worked out great!

2011-Animal Kingdom Lodge
2013-BC
kdog_1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 02:33 PM   #1033
SgtsWifeandmommyof4
Mouseketeer

Very true. I cringe to think about opening 4 bags of boys clothes when we get back. It would be nice to clean everything the night before and just have them put their things away when we get home.

SgtsWifeandmommyof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:23 PM   #1034
mickeyplanner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
That is awesome!! I think I'll order one for our June 2013 trip.
I agree that you should order one to help pass the time for June. Who doesn't like getting mail from Disney? Go for it.

Old 12-05-2012, 03:44 PM   #1035
letthewookiewin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyplanner View Post
I agree that you should order one to help pass the time for June. Who doesn't like getting mail from Disney? Go for it.
My DH b/c he thinks it's filling my head with more ideas for more trips.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: