Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-03-2012, 05:39 AM   #1
momogintz
Mouseketeer

Best resort deal for 7 of us?

I've been to WDW many times, using many different discounts. Family and friends often ask me for tips on how to book the best deal, but I've stumped myself with this idea, lol!

I'm thinking about a surprise trip for the extended family, but uncertain of how to get the best price and make it affordable. There would be my Mom, my sister, my DD, my DS, DGS (4yrs), DGD (3yrs), and myself. That breaks down to 5 adults (by Disney's 10yr+=adult rule) and 2 pre-schoolers. We prefer to stay on property, so what kind of room do I book? Can the value suites accomodate our group? The site says 'sleeps 6', but we don't mind squeezing one of the younger ones in with us, lol! Is that allowed? Or, the campground cabins, same idea? Or 2 value rooms? BTW, does the 3 yr old need park tickets, it's been awhile since I took one that age, lol?

Then, once I nail that down...maybe I can score a discount (the reservation system is temporarily down, wink, wink!). Which discount would save me more, FD or resort discount? I know it depends on which way we resort, but looking for some idea. I'm open to different dates, depending on when the deals are.

All input appreciated, thanks!

Lisa
Old 12-03-2012, 05:40 AM   #2
momogintz
Mouseketeer

BTW, does the 3 yr old need a park ticket? It's been a while since I took one that age, lol!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-03-2012, 05:43 AM   #3
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

You can not squeeze more into the room than it will accommodate - willing or not. The only way to do that is with an invisible 2 year old, but you don't have that. This includes the cabins as well.

Your cheapest option is going to be to get 2 value standard rooms which will accommodate 8 people.

Yes, the 3 year old will need park tickets and will be charged for any dp you may get as a child as well.

You could get a 2 bedroom as well, but that's going to bump the price up significantly from 2 standards at a value or even a mod.
Old 12-03-2012, 05:48 AM   #4
momogintz
Mouseketeer

Definitely no invisible kids here, lol!

I was kind of leaning toward 2 rooms, since we don't spend enough time at the resort to need much more than showers and sleep; but kids will need some down time and 2 rooms will allow enough space for that.

Thanks!
Old 12-03-2012, 09:35 AM   #5
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side

when did disney change the rule for the room - did not know that over 10 was considered an adult - now over 18 definitely.

wonder if that means a 10 year old can check in alone.... by disney own rule. a 18 year old definitely can.

spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:19 AM   #6
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiceycat
when did disney change the rule for the room - did not know that over 10 was considered an adult - now over 18 definitely.

wonder if that means a 10 year old can check in alone.... by disney own rule. a 18 year old definitely can.
I dont know. It has always been that way as long as Ive been around.

10 yrs is just "Disney Adult" for prices but they are still marked as children on the res.
Old 12-03-2012, 12:49 PM   #7
Marthasor
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiceycat View Post

A 10-year old is only a "Disney adult" for dining plans and tickets - not for rooms. 18 is still the adult age for rooms. For example, if you have 2 adults and 2 children under 18, (4 people total), you do not pay any extra for the room portion of your package. Dining and tickets portion will vary depending on age of child (under or over 10). However if you have 4 people in a room and more than 2 of those people are 18 or over, Disney is going to start charging you extra per adult, per night. So, for room or check-in purposes, no, a 10-year old is not considered a Disney adult and can't check-in alone.
Marthasor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 01:07 PM   #8
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

A 10 yr old is not an adult. A 10 yr old is a guest aged 10+. An adult is a guest who is 18 or older.

WDW does not sell adult tickets. They sell tickets based on guests' ages. The two age ranges are Age 3-9 and Age 10+.

Three year olds need a ticket. They also are counted in the room occupancy.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 02:11 PM   #9
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marthasor View Post
A 10-year old is only a "Disney adult" for dining plans and tickets - not for rooms. 18 is still the adult age for rooms. For example, if you have 2 adults and 2 children under 18, (4 people total), you do not pay any extra for the room portion of your package. Dining and tickets portion will vary depending on age of child (under or over 10). However if you have 4 people in a room and more than 2 of those people are 18 or over, Disney is going to start charging you extra per adult, per night. So, for room or check-in purposes, no, a 10-year old is not considered a Disney adult and can't check-in alone.
thank you - that is what I though - but since Disney is changing so much was not longer sure.

spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: