Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2012, 11:10 AM   #2236
KMcCP
DIS Veteran

FYI- I know there has been a LOT of talk about the thermostats. We're here know- on arrival it was set at 74. We were able to turn it down to 65 w no problem and there it has stayed. Last night the room actually was too cold and we're New Englanders.
The hotel is great- we're in LM building 8- looking at the pop lake. The walk really isn't bad at all. The Nemo pool is great fun for the kids!
Old 12-03-2012, 01:19 PM   #2237
luvthemouse71
Cries like a baby at Illuminations..

Quote:
Originally Posted by monique5 View Post
Staying in the AoA-Cars Suite. DD. Nemo not available for the S/P/D promo. Hoping Cars is ok for girls. I have loved the design/layout of Cars wing since 1st photos. Any thoughts on DD enjoying Cars suits?
My niece would love it, she's three. She likes dinosaurs, space, cars, and also animals, and having her nails painted,lol. Kids like what they like, despite the gender categories that we adults tend to put them in.

The Cars suites look fantastic, I'm sure she'll love it. Have a great trip!
Register to remove

Old 12-03-2012, 02:15 PM   #2238
czmom
DIS Veteran

December movie schedule

We are checking in this coming Saturday. Is anyone there now that can tell me what the December outdoor movie schedule is? Thank you!!!
Old 12-03-2012, 02:39 PM   #2239
Tigger's ally
Segway test dummy

Just returned from a quicky weekend trip with two nights in LM room, king bed. For a value price, this is a great resort. We were in building 7 second floor and other than the occasional flush of a toilet, we didn't hear much. The shower was great.
The bed was very comfortable (once you kicked off that cardboard of a comforter ) and our thermo was fine. We were on Deluxe Dining so we didn't eat at the resort but wandered through and it all looked great.

Busses were especially good. Too good actually. We left Sunday morning for reservations at 1900 park fare and had plans of a bus to MK, then boat to GF. When we got to the line for the bus, there were people backed up behind the ropes...changed our mind to go to epcot, hit the monorail and then connect. Got in line there, only to have two busses show up for MK before the epcot bus arrived, then followed up by 2 more MK busses that picked up everybody all within about 7-10 minutes. We jumped lines when we didn't have too! But it all worked out great.

With all this being said, we will probably not stay here again unless it is in a suite. Just hard for us to walk by all the cute suites to get to Ursula!
Was great to see the place and I can refer friends with youngsters that way cause it truly is a great little resort!
Old 12-03-2012, 02:43 PM   #2240
KapBoy77
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by czmom
We are checking in this coming Saturday. Is anyone there now that can tell me what the December outdoor movie schedule is? Thank you!!!
Yes I would like to know this as well! Thanks!
DIS Dad #749
Old 12-03-2012, 02:55 PM   #2241
Newbie123
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMcCP View Post
FYI- I know there has been a LOT of talk about the thermostats. We're here know- on arrival it was set at 74. We were able to turn it down to 65 w no problem and there it has stayed. Last night the room actually was too cold and we're New Englanders.
The hotel is great- we're in LM building 8- looking at the pop lake. The walk really isn't bad at all. The Nemo pool is great fun for the kids!
That's great news, I'm relieved to hear that about the thermostat! we booked LM for next October, and I was worried about the temperature of the room (we keep our house pretty chilly all the time, I HATE being even the list bit hot when I'm trying to sleep!)
Old 12-03-2012, 03:14 PM   #2242
KapBoy77
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by czmom
Ok I found the listing online. Just google AOA movie schedule and you should find it. They won't let me post the link.

Hope this helps!
DIS Dad #749
Old 12-03-2012, 03:28 PM   #2243
czmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KapBoy77 View Post
Ok I found the listing online. Just google AOA movie schedule and you should find it. They won't let me post the link.

Hope this helps!
Got it! That website was blank earlier today when I checked.
Old 12-03-2012, 03:30 PM   #2244
candielips
DIS Veteran

http://www.*********************.com...rmovie.php#aoa

Here is the movie schedule for all the resorts.
Old 12-03-2012, 04:11 PM   #2245
Eoywin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by candielips View Post
http://www.*********************.com...rmovie.php#aoa

Here is the movie schedule for all the resorts.
The link doesn't work for me - it might be from a blocked website.

Me DH DD - 5 years old

Past Trips: 1986 (offsite), 1993 (offsite), 2007(CBR), 2013 (AoA)

My Next WDW Trip: October 2016

The October 2016 Facebook Group

Visit my Blog!
Old 12-03-2012, 05:35 PM   #2246
ktate82
DIS Veteran

One week from today we will be checked in to a LM room and at MK!!!!!
Sept 2014 AKL, June 2014 SWW at OKW, Feb 2014 Disney Magic, Sept 2013 AKL, May 2013 POP, Dec 2012 AOA, Sept 2012 POP, Sept 2011 Poly, March 2011 Poly, Sept 2010 CBR, July 1995 off site (MK only), Aug 1987 off site (MK only)

Old 12-03-2012, 10:44 PM   #2247
Bibbidi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eoywin View Post
Great report, Bibbidi!

We've only ever stayed at a mod (CBR), but we had originally planned on AKL for this trip until we realized that we'd all have to go to bed at the same time. So we opted for a family suite instead so DH and I can stay up/watch TV while DD is sleeping.

I've never stayed at a value but it sounds like AoA is going to be a blast to be at. We are in the Finding Nemo area and the pictures look so amazing!
AKL is another one of our favorites, but I don't think you will be at all disappointed at a
AoA, especially with a suite! I can't think of another Disney hotel that is more Disney than this one. I hope you have a great trip.
Old 12-03-2012, 10:49 PM   #2248
Bibbidi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger's ally View Post
The bed was very comfortable (once you kicked off that cardboard of a comforter
So glad that you mentioned the dreadful comforter. That would be our only complaint. My husband kept trying to fold his half over onto my side, but it was so heavy and slippery that the whole darn thing would slide off the bed. They remind me of something made out of recycled plastic bottles. The texture is plasticky and they are very annoying. As I said, only complaint.
Old 12-03-2012, 11:11 PM   #2249
monique5
DVC - BLT & VGF

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvthemouse71 View Post
My niece would love it, she's three. She likes dinosaurs, space, cars, and also animals, and having her nails painted,lol. Kids like what they like, despite the gender categories that we adults tend to put them in.

The Cars suites look fantastic, I'm sure she'll love it. Have a great trip!
Thanks for those words. This has been my favorite since photos were released before the Grand Opening. Husband commented on theme. Any who, I agree that girls can like cars, dinosaurs and pirates too, and the princesses. MY DD does! Cars here we come, 60D!

Old 12-04-2012, 07:08 AM   #2250
DisneyRunnerChick
Princess of the Sneakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by monique5
Staying in the AoA-Cars Suite. DD. Nemo not available for the S/P/D promo. Hoping Cars is ok for girls. I have loved the design/layout of Cars wing since 1st photos. Any thoughts on DD enjoying Cars suits?
The themeing is so great, I'm sure she'll be entranced by the magic. My girl loved it as much as my son; maybe watch the movie before going to get her excited when she gets there?

Me-; DFi-; DS-; DD-
Walt Disney World Half Marathon 2011, 2012; Wine and Dine Half Marathon 2011; Princess Half Marathon 2012; Expedition Everest Challenge 2012; ToT 2012; Wine and Dine Half 2012

Off property 2003; Off property 2004; PC March 2006; POR September 2010; ALSS January 2011; CS March 2011; POR October 2011; YC/PC January 2012; ALSS February 2012; AKL May 2012; POR September 2012; CB September 2012; AoA/ALSMusic November 2012; CSR January 2013

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: