Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Photography Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-30-2012, 02:38 PM   #1
Emma's Mom
Earning My Ears

Camera died- Kingdom Camera saved the day!

My camera died on day 1 of our Disney trip in November. I was crushed, as my kids love to have their pictures taken with the characters. The digital camera they sell at the parks is poor quality. I did some searching and found Kingdom Camera rental in Orlando (855-527-8555). They had me set up with a Canon Rebel DSLR the next morning which they delivered personally to our hotel. They took the time to show me how to use it. It was fully charged and ready to go. The rental package included a 4 GB card for me to keep. For a six day rental including delivery and pick up we paid just under $100. The pictures turned out great- way better than they would have with the camera we brought. We captured some great memories! I would definitely recommend them.
Emma's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:50 PM   #2
KingdomGirl
Viewfinder

Thank you Emma's Mom for the kind words! We're so glad that you found out about us and that we were able to help save the day with our camera rental. It really makes our day when we are able to help someone with a camera emergency while they're on vacation. (That's what happened to us and sparked the idea) It makes what we do even more joyful for us! Glad to hear the photos turned out great. We'd love you to share a couple of them on our Facebook page or here in Disboards!
KingdomGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-01-2012, 11:48 PM   #3
DSLRuser
Age is a state of mind

1st post ever is a commercial. Spam like this is why I would never use a company like kingdom cameras.
Port Orleans FQ x3
Coranado Springs
Caribbean Beach Club
Contemporary Resort
Animal Kingdom Lodge
Yacht Club
Polynesian Resort
<<Disney Wonder>>
Marriot Sable Palms x 4
Marriot Royal Palms x 4
Bonnet Creek x 3
Marriot Cypress Harbor x 2
Marriot Grande Vista
DSLRuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 08:39 AM   #4
KingdomGirl
Viewfinder

I can understand how you might think that, and I'm sorry that you feel that way. I googled our company name last night and that's the only reason I knew she had posted here.

I promise you she was a real customer ( and very sweet, BTW) who had a real camera emergency on her Disney vacation and she posted her comment with all sincerity and no ulterior motive - there's nothing in it for her. She found us through her hotel concierge and paid full price for her rental.

A few of our customers - who have been on Disboards for years, have posted unsolicited comments about our customer service - because they want to let others know what their experience was like - which is what forums are about- sharing information.
KingdomGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 10:32 AM   #5
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Other regular posters here have used this company and reported great results. I have filed the name away in my trip info in case of any camera emergencies. I always wondered if I should bother with a backup camera, but now am confidently leaving the backup at home and will call Kingdom rentals if I have a need.
mom2rtk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 06:58 PM   #6
Gianna'sPapa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSLRuser View Post
1st post ever is a commercial. Spam like this is why I would never use a company like kingdom cameras.
This is a serious allegation. Since there have been others who allegedly have been pleased with their service, do you have anything to support this? Everything that I have read on numerous sites says they are a reputable business and are recommended. If you know of something to the contrary please share it with all of us. Thanks

Terry
Gianna'sPapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 07:12 PM   #7
2Tiggies
I am subscribing to this thread just so I can see your shirt
I like those water proof containers that hang around my neck on a lanyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
Other regular posters here have used this company and reported great results. I have filed the name away in my trip info in case of any camera emergencies. I always wondered if I should bother with a backup camera, but now am confidently leaving the backup at home and will call Kingdom rentals if I have a need.
Due to great reviews on this company, I too have filed away the details and bookmarked a link for renting a lens for my next trip.
2Tiggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 10:29 PM   #8
DSLRuser
Age is a state of mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianna'sPapa View Post
This is a serious allegation. Since there have been others who allegedly have been pleased with their service, do you have anything to support this? Everything that I have read on numerous sites says they are a reputable business and are recommended. If you know of something to the contrary please share it with all of us. Thanks

Terry
Just years on the Internet and boards like this. 1 post, 1 post only and it is only about a company who's specific target audience are those on this specific board.

She even included the phone number.

Looks like spam, smells like spam, it is spam to me.
Port Orleans FQ x3
Coranado Springs
Caribbean Beach Club
Contemporary Resort
Animal Kingdom Lodge
Yacht Club
Polynesian Resort
<<Disney Wonder>>
Marriot Sable Palms x 4
Marriot Royal Palms x 4
Bonnet Creek x 3
Marriot Cypress Harbor x 2
Marriot Grande Vista
DSLRuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 10:46 PM   #9
Gianna'sPapa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSLRuser View Post
Just years on the Internet and boards like this. 1 post, 1 post only and it is only about a company who's specific target audience are those on this specific board.

She even included the phone number.

Looks like spam, smells like spam, it is spam to me.
I can understand your skepticism, but the poster did join this forum in 2007 even though they did not post until now. From my research, this company did not exist in 2007. Your evidence is a little thin, but everyone is entitled to their opinion. Have a great day.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:11 AM   #10
Icemann
Dis Vet

Sounds like a happy customer to me. Just got back from WDW yesterday and I saw a camera get broken at Epcot and the lady was heart broken.I told her about Kingdom Camera rental and gave her the telephone number and she thanked me.I don't know if she used Kingdom or not but I wouldn't have know about it if I had'nt seen it here.This board is a life saver with all the information here.So I guess you won't be using Kingdom anytime soon,sure hope you don't have camera problems and need their service.Wish I would have thought of the camera rental idea first

Last edited by Icemann; 12-04-2012 at 06:54 AM.
Icemann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:20 AM   #11
Gianna'sPapa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icemann View Post
Sounds like a happy customer to me. Just got back from WDW yesterday and I saw a camera get broken at Epcot and the lady was heart broken.I told her about Kingdom Camera rental and gave her the telephone number and she thanked me.I don't know if she used Kingdom or not but I wouldn't have know about it if I had'nt seen it here.This board is a life saver with all the information here.So I guess you won't be using Kingdom anytime soon,sure hope you don't camera problems and need their service.Wish I would have thought of the camera rental idea first
It appears to me they provide a great service. My only complaint is that they don't have Pentax (or compatible) equipment!
Old 12-03-2012, 09:57 AM   #12
2Tiggies
I am subscribing to this thread just so I can see your shirt
I like those water proof containers that hang around my neck on a lanyard

Quote:
It appears to me they provide a great service. My only complaint is that they don't have Pentax (or compatible) equipment!
They appear to read the message boards - perhaps you should type that again - louder
2Tiggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:04 PM   #13
Icemann
Dis Vet

Quote:
What's a Pentax
Icemann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 01:32 PM   #14
havoc315
DIS Veteran

I do find the original post a bit suspicious. That said, even if the post is a plant, it doesn't mean that Kingdom Camera is a bad outfit. I've seen multiple definite legitimate posts praising the service of the company.

Though planted posts and reviews are common on the internet, and they are disturbing.
havoc315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 02:05 PM   #15
Gianna'sPapa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icemann View Post
What's a Pentax
There's still a few of us around!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: