Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2012, 08:35 PM   #2041
snowwite
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post
It sounds fantastic, I'm glad you enjoyed it!
Thanks. It was only a long weekend but nice to get to see my daughter. Since she started working as a CM she isnt home much.

Old 12-01-2012, 09:35 PM   #2042
TigrLvsPooh
Disney's Ultimate Fan, and our very own Travel Channel television star!!!
Anthony's Girl
Got my way

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogo View Post
We stayed at BWI last January in a standard CL room. I requested a boardwalk view and as a second choice a pool view. We were given a boardwalk view, the CM checking us in said because it was not busy during that time we would be getting the boardwalk view. It was wonderful. Although the balcony was small it was still very enjoyable. The room was not very far from the club lounge or the elevators or maybe in comparison to other resorts we've stayed at the walk didn't appear as far

We're planning another visit this coming January and I requested the same locations, boardwalk view and second choice pool. Hopefully, we will get the boardwalk view but I understand it is just a request.
Wow! Great upgrade! That would be a great surprise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowwite View Post
We just got back from a Thanksgiving trip. We had Rm 4057 which is a Deluxe Studio with daybed, Q pull out sofa and Q bed. we had a fridge,microwave,toaster and coffee pot. The balcony overlooks the surrey rental and faces the spaceship earth at epcot, the greens with a large xmas tree and the veranda. We had a clear view of both MK and Epcot fireworks. The stairs to right of room come out by the pool/arcade area. The elevator comes out in lobby by the gift shop. We saw a couple getting into Cinderellas coach to go to the gazebo for a wedding. It was a great room.
Sounds like a great view!!!!!
My WDW Resort stays: Grand Floridian 2012, 2003, 2001, 1994 * Polynesian 2013, 2011, 2008, 2008, 2005, 2003 * Contemporary 2014, 2008 * Bay Lake Tower 2013 *Boardwalk 2014, 2013, 2006, 2004 * Wilderness Cabin 1998 * Dixie Landings 1999 * All Star Music 2001 * Caribbean Beach Resort 2012, 2002 * Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014, 2012, 2011, 2008, 2006, 2005 * Old Key West 2009, 2008, 2004, 2003, 2002 * Yacht Club 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010, 2002 * Beach Club 2014, 2012, 2011, 2008, 2003 * Swan 2006, 2005, 2003 * Pop Century 2014, 2013, 2012, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004 * Art of Animation 2014 * Wilderness Lodge 2014, 2011, 2004, 2003 * Saratoga Springs 2015, 2007 * Port Orleans French Quarter 2014, 2013, 2004 * Coronado Spring 2014 *
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-02-2012, 09:11 AM   #2043
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Maintenance planned for Disney reservation systems

By Leah Zanolla
Nov 28, 2012

Disney's reservation system will go down for maintenance December 3 at 5:00pm until sometime Tuesday afternoon, December 4. This is for Walt Disney World, Disneyland, and Aulani. If you need to make a payment, you should do so before these dates to ensure you will not be late. You will also not be able to make reservations for dining, dinner shows, tours, recreation and children's activity centers as well as Cirque du Soleil at Downtown Disney. You will also be unable to access Disney's online check-in service.
Old 12-02-2012, 09:16 AM   #2044
Cee
DIS Veteran

I just booked a 1BR at the BWV for May 12-19, 2013 and am so excited! It will be the first time my DH has been to the World since 2006. We will have a nice honeymoon after almost 32 years.
Old 12-02-2012, 11:05 AM   #2045
evilqueenmindy
Mouseketeer

Just booked 2 rooms at BWI for Super Bowl weekend. So excited, I love the Epcot resort area, we've stayed at Beach Club the last couple of years but decided to switch it up this year.
Old 12-02-2012, 04:39 PM   #2046
KerryCM
DIS Veteran

Location: Murfreesboro, TN now, but will always be a MA girl!

My daughter and her family and my son and his family arrived today. My husband and I go tomorrow. This is the 3rd time we have given them a Disney trip for Christmas. We stay on the club level and they all love it. My daughter called to say her sons were so happy to see all the cast members. This is a great time for us to be together since my children are spread accross the country. was hoping my daughter in Alaska could come, but not this year,
Old 12-02-2012, 07:36 PM   #2047
sfbank
DIS Veteran

KerryCM. What a fun time. Keep us updated and say hi to everyone!

Old 12-03-2012, 09:20 AM   #2048
OhThePain
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilqueenmindy View Post
Just booked 2 rooms at BWI for Super Bowl weekend. So excited, I love the Epcot resort area, we've stayed at Beach Club the last couple of years but decided to switch it up this year.
Don't forget the Super Bowl MVP parade the Monday after the game (if you're still there).

1988- Contemporary Resort / 1990- Big Red Boat and Buena Vista Palace / 1993- CBR / 1997- ASMusic / 1998- CBR / 1998- ASSports / 2008/9- POR / 2009- Convention at Gaylord Palms / 2010- POR / 2011- AKL-CL (with 3 "bonus" nights AKL non-CL) / 2013-BWV / 2014- POR / 2014- Disney Fantasy (Western)
Old 12-03-2012, 01:39 PM   #2049
MUFFYCAT
Sorry, I'm a spaze
Nevermind I see it, my eyesight is going
Which Spice Girl can I be?
Jealous of Christmas Tags

Quote:

My friend and I stayed there Super Bowl weekend last year and a blast!
One of the best ladies trips we've had at DW!
Old 12-03-2012, 01:46 PM   #2050
MUFFYCAT
Sorry, I'm a spaze

Quote:
Originally Posted by KerryCM View Post
My daughter and her family and my son and his family arrived today. My husband and I go tomorrow. This is the 3rd time we have given them a Disney trip for Christmas. We stay on the club level and they all love it. My daughter called to say her sons were so happy to see all the cast members. This is a great time for us to be together since my children are spread accross the country. was hoping my daughter in Alaska could come, but not this year,

That sounds awesome for you all! That's what I call a Special Gathering, you all should be on Disney's ads for family gathering!
Old 12-03-2012, 01:52 PM   #2051
MUFFYCAT
Sorry, I'm a spaze

Does the CL staff at BW contact you before you arrive? We're going in 5 weeks and I haven't heard from them.
We've stayed CL at other Disney resorts and they always called or sent a e-mail?
Old 12-03-2012, 02:00 PM   #2052
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolyndianPrincessJes View Post
So excited for our first BWI stay next month!! We're usually across the lake at BC when we stay in the Epcot area. We got a lagoon view room, and we're really excited to be able to look out onto the Boardwalk! We're just there for a weekend before we head "home" to the Poly, but I can't wait!!
Only 5 more days!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigrLvsPooh View Post
I'm looking for some advice on room requests!
We will be arriving at BWI CL in just 37 days!
It has been several years since we've last stayed there, we are booked for standard CL and I believe last time we had a view of the rose garden area and the backside of the WS. We could see the high fireworks from our balcony. Could someone give me a quick run down on the possible locations for CL standard... and what request I should make. Last time we were pretty close to the lounge which was nice. It's been so long it's hard to remember a lot about it. Does anyone know an approximate percentage of rooms that have daybeds? I was counting on disneyzone for a room map but sadly they are all gone. Thanks for any info you can share!
There aren't any bookable views for BWI CL, they are all by-request only. I believe that all CL rooms have a daybed with the exception of the Deluxe CL room which has a queen sleeper, but someone please correct me if I'm wrong. I've never seen a BWI room number map on Disneyzone (or anywhere else), just the infamous YC/BC one, which as you said has disappeared

The two most popular views are the "Epcot view," which would enable you to see Illuminations, and the BW view. The view is amazing, but you can hear the buskers at night and if you're near the Flying Fish sign you can hear it and also the air conditioning unit which is behind it. Otherwise, the BWV is wonderful. If you want a quieter location, you can request an Epcot View or a Garden View.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowwite View Post
We just got back from a Thanksgiving trip. We had Rm 4057 which is a Deluxe Studio with daybed, Q pull out sofa and Q bed. we had a fridge,microwave,toaster and coffee pot. The balcony overlooks the surrey rental and faces the spaceship earth at epcot, the greens with a large xmas tree and the veranda. We had a clear view of both MK and Epcot fireworks. The stairs to right of room come out by the pool/arcade area. The elevator comes out in lobby by the gift shop. We saw a couple getting into Cinderellas coach to go to the gazebo for a wedding. It was a great room.
What a great vacation and how cute seeing the bride and groom get into the coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cee View Post
I just booked a 1BR at the BWV for May 12-19, 2013 and am so excited! It will be the first time my DH has been to the World since 2006. We will have a nice honeymoon after almost 32 years.
How exciting - congratulations!

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KerryCM View Post
I hope you have a wonderful time with your family - what a fantastic gift
Old 12-03-2012, 02:02 PM   #2053
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFFYCAT View Post
Does the CL staff at BW contact you before you arrive? We're going in 5 weeks and I haven't heard from them.
We've stayed CL at other Disney resorts and they always called or sent a e-mail?
The IPO for all CLs should contact you, but often this doesn't happen. When this happens, just send an email to them with your confirmation number in the subject line. Mention any special requests or reservations you need, or simply introduce yourself and you should receive a response quickly.
Old 12-03-2012, 02:16 PM   #2054
tiger4me2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigrLvsPooh View Post
I'm looking for some advice on room requests!
We will be arriving at BWI CL in just 37 days!
It has been several years since we've last stayed there, we are booked for standard CL and I believe last time we had a view of the rose garden area and the backside of the WS. We could see the high fireworks from our balcony. Could someone give me a quick run down on the possible locations for CL standard... and what request I should make. Last time we were pretty close to the lounge which was nice. It's been so long it's hard to remember a lot about it. Does anyone know an approximate percentage of rooms that have daybeds? I was counting on disneyzone for a room map but sadly they are all gone. Thanks for any info you can share!
Can't speak for day beds as we always had one in the rooms we stayed in. If you want a Boardwalk View request a odd number and if you want a view of Epcot even numbers. Have fun
Old 12-03-2012, 02:19 PM   #2055
tiger4me2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogo View Post
We stayed at BWI last January in a standard CL room. I requested a boardwalk view and as a second choice a pool view. We were given a boardwalk view, the CM checking us in said because it was not busy during that time we would be getting the boardwalk view. It was wonderful. Although the balcony was small it was still very enjoyable. The room was not very far from the club lounge or the elevators or maybe in comparison to other resorts we've stayed at the walk didn't appear as far

We're planning another visit this coming January and I requested the same locations, boardwalk view and second choice pool. Hopefully, we will get the boardwalk view but I understand it is just a request.
Just a side note, it wasn't really an upgrade as all the rooms with odd numbers are boardwalk view. The even numbers are views of Epcot or garden views. Sometimes the CM make you think you are getting an upgrade lol
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: