Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-30-2012, 12:17 PM   #91
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Just don't want everyone reading to think they carry the theming far enough that they only have French servers, cause they don't...it was rather fun to hear everything described in a German accent. Our Palo server was Hungarian, but I never thought they'd only have Italians. They had an Italian manager on one of the classic ships but he got promoted.
Old 11-30-2012, 12:26 PM   #92
Douvres Family
DIS Veteran

Talking This was meant as a funny comment...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douvres Family View Post
I don't think it matters what country the servers are from as long as they are knowledgeable...
...For Example...my mother and has won many Salsa lessons with her preferred partner...who happens to be a Eastern-European Jew.
My DH can salsa better than me...well, I can't salsa at all. But I can dance to just about any Greek music (DH is Greek...we are PRican...)
DH can't dance Greek at all...
I know we are talking about cuisine not dancing...but I think this is hysterical
I hope everyone sees it as such!

WDW 1976, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1996, 1999...Puerto Rico 2000...WDW 2001, 2002...DCL Wonder 2003...Mayan Riviera MX 2007 & 2008...WDW 2009, 2010, DCL Dream 2012, DCL Dream 2013, Mayan Riviera 2013
Douvres Family is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-30-2012, 05:12 PM   #93
MrsScooby
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLEdge View Post
Ours was English - we had the same server for our dinner and brunch - of course, not surprising. The host, Nicolas, was French, as was the sommelier - though the sommelier learned English in Scotland so he had a very unique accent!
Love the scottish accent part of the reason I love the movie "Brave"
Our servers in Remy have been french both times we were there.

Quote:
I don't think it matters what country the servers are from as long as they are knowledgeable...
...For Example...my mother and has won many Salsa lessons with her preferred partner...who happens to be a Eastern-European Jew.
My DH can salsa better than me...well, I can't salsa at all. But I can dance to just about any Greek music (DH is Greek...we are PRican...)
DH can't dance Greek at all...
I know we are talking about cuisine not dancing...but I think this is hysterical

Quote:
I hope everyone sees it as such!
No problem
Places I have worked have had very diverse populations from all over the globe. Comparing customs and hearing stories was a big part of the fun
Old 11-30-2012, 05:39 PM   #94
wendym
I work to go to Disney!

One of the "It's a Small World" moments - the sommelier on the Fantasy learned his English in my hometown of Aberdeen! His Doric accent (yes the same one you hear on Brave) is better than mine. What fun we had with him. We have loved all the servers in Remy and think it is outstanding value.
Wendy
wendym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 12:52 PM   #95
MrsScooby
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendym View Post
One of the "It's a Small World" moments - the sommelier on the Fantasy learned his English in my hometown of Aberdeen! His Doric accent (yes the same one you hear on Brave) is better than mine. What fun we had with him. We have loved all the servers in Remy and think it is outstanding value.
Wendy
Oh how cool is that

Now I am hoping to meet that sommelier
Old 12-02-2012, 03:15 AM   #96
steveyjc81
Mouseketeer

I have a couple of questions.

We aren't big into wines, but would maybe have a glass or two. Can you get the same cheap wines (approx $10 per glass) as you would anywhere else on the ship?

Can you bring your own bottle and pay $20 corkage? Would this be frowned upon?

Thanks, Stevey
steveyjc81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 08:55 AM   #97
Little c Travel
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveyjc81 View Post
I have a couple of questions.

We aren't big into wines, but would maybe have a glass or two. Can you get the same cheap wines (approx $10 per glass) as you would anywhere else on the ship?

Can you bring your own bottle and pay $20 corkage? Would this be frowned upon?

Thanks, Stevey
Yes, you can bring your own wine, the corkage is $20, they will not frown on you doing that at all. You will get an invitation to meet the semolina. Take your bottle with you then so that they can serve the wine to you at the right temp. It is proper to offer a small taste of the wine to the semolina.
Little c Travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 09:07 AM   #98
zulemara
Oh Boy! I'm a WDW sailor!
Had a Thriller of a time on the Wonder

I've done Remy Brunch, and Victoria and Albert's twice now. All 3 experiences were fantastic and I'd absolutely recommend any of them. Yeah the price point is high, but I guess I don't see a problem with it when I witness the price people pay for the over priced crap at some of the restaurants at WDW. At least here the cost = quality. Plus, neither place is just a meal, it's an experience which is my favorite aspect.

I do wine pairing because I love tasting wine and I think it's the most affordable way to try several glasses.

zulemara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 01:28 PM   #99
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little c Travel View Post
Yes, you can bring your own wine, the corkage is $20, they will not frown on you doing that at all. You will get an invitation to meet the semolina. Take your bottle with you then so that they can serve the wine to you at the right temp. It is proper to offer a small taste of the wine to the semolina.
Semolina is a wheat pasta flour. Did you mean sommelier (i.e., the wine steward)?

Sayhello
NOW POSTING! My DIS Unplugged London/Paris/Disneyland Paris Trip Report! (2011)
Now posting my Greek Odyssey Trip Report (2013)

sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: