Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-03-2012, 12:26 PM   #19
Douvres Family
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by neg58 View Post
I have two kids who are 16, and even though that means they can't go to Palo or Remy even though they would enjoy it and even though they could 'pass' as adults (and act like it), I'm glad DCL has the rules and enforces them. If exceptions were made for my kids, then someone else would want an exception for a 13 year old's birthday, or a 15 year old winning a contest and celebrating on board.
I understand and I agree. I've been taking my son to 5 star restaurants in NYC since he was 9yrs old...dates with mom. I figured the best way he would learn is through exposure. He is 15 yrs old and has better table manners and most adults I know and is not afraid to try anything. He really does enjoy the "finer cuisine" (and McD's...lol).

When DH and I dined at Palo we mentioned dishes our DS would enjoy...along with the atmosphere. HOWEVER, though we felt guilty...this time was about us...for us.
You may be able to understand how bothered I was as I was leaving to see a 15-16 yr old boy sitting in Palo dinning with his family. Apparently, exceptions are made!

I did not say anything AND I DO NOT want the policy for adult dinning to change.

WDW 1976, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1996, 1999...Puerto Rico 2000...WDW 2001, 2002...DCL Wonder 2003...Mayan Riviera MX 2007 & 2008...WDW 2009, 2010, DCL Dream 2012, DCL Dream 2013, Mayan Riviera 2013
Douvres Family is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: