Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-30-2012, 11:06 AM   #106
willowsnn3
Tagless not by choice but by circumstance

Quote:
Originally Posted by threeboysmom View Post
Ugh. When it rains, it pours!

I'm currently still reading The Fiery Cross (Outlander #5) but decided to take a break at page 900 and do a quick read before settling back in for the last 450 pages to finish.

So I started Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (#3) - have always wanted to read the Potter series.

Well..... my library contacted me yesterday. They are holding 3 books for me to pick up this week:

Our Husband (recommended here on the DIS)
Let's Pretend It Never Happened (another DIS recommendation)
The Fault in our Stars (not sure where I got this recommendation, lol)

I don't know what to read!! LOL! So overwhelmed! 5 books at one time will not go over too well, lol.

Why do requested library books ALWAYS come in at same time??!
Know what you mean!! Last week I had absolutely nothing to read so went to the library & found:
house of dark shadows (YA book--very good quick read)
The Skin Map (halfway thru)
then picked up the next two in that series
then two in another series I had on hold came in...
Now today I have 4 just came in & 1 in transit, lol.
I don't normaly have that many on hold but it usually takes so long for them to come in I didn't think much about it when I put them on hold.

Book Challenge Goal 86/72

willowsnn3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:38 AM   #107
Pollyanna Poppins
DIS Veteran

Just started Agenda 21 great so far...

The kids just finished Rise of the Elgin...very similar to Harry Potter. I like to dig out all of my old Ideals Christmas this time of year. Also started reading A Farm Christmas/recipes and stories bought it last year and accidentally packed it away.
Pollyanna Poppins is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-30-2012, 12:18 PM   #108
violetrose
DIS Veteran

I'm reading Notorious Nineteen, the newest Stephanie Plum novel. It's o.k. I think this series has run it's course. I hope the author ends with Twenty and wraps up Stephanie's love-life one way or another because it's becoming harder and harder to imagine that these two men are pining for Stephanie year after year. The mystery is decent in Nineteen though, so it isn't a complete loss.

violetrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:26 PM   #109
jgh
Peter Pan!

I'm re-reading the Hobbit for the millionth time before I see the movie.

Once finals are over I'd like to re-start and finish the Harry Potter Series.

jgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 01:18 PM   #110
kt_mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by violetrose View Post
I'm reading Notorious Nineteen, the newest Stephanie Plum novel. It's o.k. I think this series has run it's course. I hope the author ends with Twenty and wraps up Stephanie's love-life one way or another because it's becoming harder and harder to imagine that these two men are pining for Stephanie year after year. The mystery is decent in Nineteen though, so it isn't a complete loss.
I agree. I'm about halfway through it right now. They used to be so funny. I would be sitting on the couch with DH just laughing while I read and he would be giving me funny looks. But now they are just over the top and predictible. At least this one does have an interesting enough mystery in it.
Old 11-30-2012, 04:19 PM   #111
tinkerbellandeeyor
DIS Veteran

Just finished The secret life of Ashely Jurgens now I am reading Mary Camden to the rescue.
Old 11-30-2012, 04:27 PM   #112
WowLookAtThat
DIS Veteran

Reading The Shoemaker's Wife by Adriana Trigiani and so far it is great. As soon as I am finished I am going to go into my favorite Holiday books starting with the Christmas Cookie Club.
WowLookAtThat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 05:19 PM   #113
Pollyanna Poppins
DIS Veteran

I'm listening to talk radio and just heard Melissa Gilbert (Little House on the Prairie) plugging her new book Prairie Tale. It sounded pretty interesting. I might have to ask Santa for this one. Has anyone read it yet?
Pollyanna Poppins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 12:41 PM   #114
OhioStateBuckeye
DIS Veteran

If you are a fan of Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy or just in general of British humor/wit, I have to highly recommend The Eyre Affair.

when time travel is routine, cloning is a reality (dodos are the resurrected pet of choice), and literature is taken very, very seriously: it’s a bibliophile’s dream. England is a virtual police state where an aunt can get lost (literally) in a Wordsworth poem and forging Byronic verse is a punishable offense. All this is business as usual for Thursday Next, renowned Special Operative in literary detection. But when someone begins kidnapping characters from works of literature and plucks Jane Eyre from the pages of Brontë's novel, Thursday is faced with the challenge of her career
OhioStateBuckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 12:55 PM   #115
RunningGirl
DIS Veteran

Well I just finished A Discovery of Witches and am now reading the sequel, Shadow of Night, so I guess I'd have to say that I enjoyed the first one.

I saw Life of Pi last night, so now want to re-read that book.

I also loved Clan of the Cave Bear, but thought the series went downhill as it progressed.
RunningGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 11:06 AM   #116
tinkerbellandeeyor
DIS Veteran

Just finished Mary Camden to the rescue now I am reading Babysitters club friends forever Graduation day
Old 12-02-2012, 02:49 PM   #117
hulagirl87
DIS Veteran

DH bought me Confessions of a Murder Suspect by James Patterson. I started it last night and it's really good so far! I just finished Dash and Lily's Book of Dares. That was cute and an easy read.

me DH DD and DS
hulagirl87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 02:57 PM   #118
GingerJay
DIS Veteran

I'm on a historical fiction kick right now; just finished two books by Pauline Gedge, "House of Dreams" which I didn't really like and "Child of the Morning" which I loved. Before that, I read "The Bloodletter's Daughter" which was very good. Happy reading

February 2008: Contemporary Resort
March 2010: Windsor Hills
GingerJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:05 AM   #119
npealer
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GingerJay View Post
I'm on a historical fiction kick right now; just finished two books by Pauline Gedge, "House of Dreams" which I didn't really like and "Child of the Morning" which I loved. Before that, I read "The Bloodletter's Daughter" which was very good. Happy reading
Have you read any of Phillipa Gregory's books? She is a great Historical Fiction writer

DL/CA- Too many to remember
WDW-Jan 1997 Offsite, April 2003 offsite, November 2005 offsite, Jan 2013 AS Music

npealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:25 PM   #120
dizcrazee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioStateBuckeye View Post
If you are a fan of Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy or just in general of British humor/wit, I have to highly recommend The Eyre Affair.

when time travel is routine, cloning is a reality (dodos are the resurrected pet of choice), and literature is taken very, very seriously: it’s a bibliophile’s dream. England is a virtual police state where an aunt can get lost (literally) in a Wordsworth poem and forging Byronic verse is a punishable offense. All this is business as usual for Thursday Next, renowned Special Operative in literary detection. But when someone begins kidnapping characters from works of literature and plucks Jane Eyre from the pages of Brontë's novel, Thursday is faced with the challenge of her career
Thanks for the tip - huge Hitchhiker's Guide and British humor fan here! I'll definitely check this out!

Me DH DD:
dizcrazee is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: