Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-03-2012, 09:57 AM   #11
shalom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewisc View Post
edited to add VS didn't post the OPs full name, address, number of kids, phone number, email address or credit card information. I don't think VS posted any personal information.
Agreed. They posted enough for the OP to verify they're talking about the same transaction (a common first name), but nothing that would give anyone else access to the OPs personal information. Their response is actually very similar to the ones you'll see on Trip Advisor -- details only of that transaction, with no personal information.

I also didn't think they were blaming the OP. Their stated purpose -- and, I think, their actual purpose -- was to let people know "what steps you need to take in booking a vacation with us." I would guess they also want to remind people that "availability is always changing" -- in other words, if someone wants the reservation they rejected yesterday, VS may not be able to get it. The fact that it was available yesterday -- or ten minutes ago -- has nothing to do with it. Motels or hotels in that situation can sometimes work around the system and finangle a reservation somehow; TS brokers really can't.
shalom is offline   Reply With Quote