Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-01-2012, 06:15 AM   #136
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
Hello to the folks!

Look how wise you are already.

So sweet of your fella to get that for you. Maybe he was trying to represent how wise you are to keep him?

We didn't make it over there. The girls would have enjoyed seeing the displays.
Hahaha possibly!! It was a very cute unexpected gift!

It was a bit out of the way, I can see how it was easily missed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoboysnmygirl View Post
OMG, HOW did I miss that spinach/cheese paneer thingie?!?! AND the chocolate? This is why I love WDW though, you can go and still miss enough that you always need to go back! Rey had that brat thing and he really liked it!
I feel the same way, there's ALWAYS something that we've missed!! The bratwurst was really good!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpletinker View Post
Hey this is a shot in the dark, but I'm sensing that you guys seriously love EPCOT.

Hoot is adorable!

Those chocolate sculptures are phenomenal! I have aunts who can decorate cakes like that. It's amazing what people can do with food.
LOL good call!!!

I am always SO impressed by people who are able to create art with food and other awesome materials like that! It is definitely a gift I wish I had!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
Hello Stringbean's parents!

Sounds like a successful F&W mission! The chocolate sculptures in the festival center are pretty cool!

Glad Wingnut got his shirt-and a present for you. Smart man.
It was successful...but by no means close to done!!

Hahaha he is very good to me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oopsiDAISY View Post
Oh, your F&W pictures are making me drool all over my keyboard! We are going in OCT 2013 and it will be our first F&W festival! Even better? My folks are joining us for part of the trip and have promised to keep the kids one night so DH and I can have a F&W festival date night! Although we always get the DP, I am already saving my $$$ for lots of F&W deliciousness!
That's so exciting!!! We really loved our first F&W!

YES, definitely hang on to those snack credits, you'll never get a better value for them than at the booths!
Stringbean&Wingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 06:21 AM   #137
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherylcin View Post
Note to Self: Do not look at food pics from Epcot's Food & Wine Festival when it's lunchtime and all you have is tuna and an apple.

Just kidding, of course I loved seeing all your food pics. Makes me even more determined to make it for F&W soon! Looks like you had a great start to your trip. Nice pic of your parents too!
Hahaha that ALWAYS happens to me - I usually check the Dis while I'm eating my breakfast of yogurt and toast...and looking at pictures of Tonga Toast and filets and other amazing things!!

Thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer48 View Post
Hello Mom & Dad Stringbean!

Wait, do you guys enjoy Epcot?!

Hoot is adorable!
LOL what???? Epcot??? Us??? Never!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs T 2009 View Post
Hi Stringbeans parents!!

I LOVE Epcot! And luckily so does the rest of my lil family :D

the jamminators seem awesome! Especially like the spatula bling!

And "hoot", your owl of wisdom, is adorable!
I can't even imagine park touring with someone who didn't like Epcot!!!

They are a really fun act - and the spatula bling was hilarious!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilAnn View Post
Wow the food from that South African booth looks yummy.

Hoot is just adorable!

Spatula bling? That is just so perfectly awesome. I love it.

I can't wait for the day when I can try F&W - one day.
It was REALLY good!!! A great booth for our first F&W experience!

Hahaha I know, right?? It was amazing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
Hello parents!
Mmmm love all the food and wine festival samples!
I loved them too...MANY more to come!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-01-2012, 12:35 PM   #138
__disneygirl
well, all that's left now is the happy ending.

THAT FILET FROM SOUTH AFRICA. Oh good lord. I just hate my life cause I'm not at the Food and Wine Festival right now. That was one of my favorite things. Good call getting two. Sharing is not an option.

You're reallyreally lucky, just saying. Cause I need a fiance who buys me tiny owls in Epcot. Some women like diamonds but I just want little things from WS gift shops.

What day was this again? I'm looking for myself in the bg of your photos. haha.

Can I just say that I have never been to the Festival Center and that is fine b/c my heart is just still very sore over the complete deletion of the Wonders of Life pavilion. EFF THAT.
__disneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 05:21 PM   #139
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Sara! Thanks for the introduction to your parents. Did they pass on their love of WDW to you or did you infect them with this incurable disorder??

You know.. I've heard that Epcot is your favorite park!

One day.. I will make it to F&W (says holding up a sausage like Scarlett at Tara!) The snack size portions look so perfect.

Hoot is pretty cute...I wonder if he can perch on 'planty' and keep each other company?
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 05:49 PM   #140
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

Love Hoot, he's adorable! I had forgotten your folks were along for this trip. Very cool!

I am totally with you on your love of Epcot! Best place in the world. Wish I were there now. Torches lit... waiting for Illuminations....

2xcited2sleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 08:53 AM   #141
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Haha, I really thought your parents were a random couple you just took a picture of!

I miss the Food and Wine festival already. How is that even possible, I was just there 3 weeks ago!

I love those little owls they have in Japan, they have cats too! I got a black one that's supposed to protect you from evil spirits, and then when I got home, I realized I already had a black cat that I bought the year before! I guess I'm really afraid of evil spirits!

I love that the Jammitors (Jamminators? whatever they're called!) have ovens! I was in Mouse Gear alone one day, and when Brandon came in he said he saw them playing so he stopped and watched! I've still never seen them! He said he left when they started rapping though...it seems a bit awkward!

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Nermel9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 08:00 PM   #142
CandleontheWater
Forever in love with Hathaway Browne

Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry I missed that you started this. I kept wondering if you were going to do a TR, but apparently I don't have enough brain cells left to rub together to realize I should just check your signature.

I'm so glad that Sandy didn't impact your trip to FL, and that you guys didn't get any damage!

I concur that the Spinach Paneer pocket was awesome! I did not try the filet, and looking at your photos I now really regret that decision. Maybe next year!

Looking forward to hearing more about wedding plans!
CandleontheWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 08:42 PM   #143
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

Caught up! I love seeing all of the F&W stuff. I've never gone, I don't think it's really my thing, but it looks neat! Your little owl of wisdom is so cute

I don't want to take up space in your TR with my wedding pics, but if you do want to see them, the link is in my signature. It isn't that long of a report.

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Disney9.9.10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 05:27 AM   #144
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by __disneygirl View Post
THAT FILET FROM SOUTH AFRICA. Oh good lord. I just hate my life cause I'm not at the Food and Wine Festival right now. That was one of my favorite things. Good call getting two. Sharing is not an option.

You're reallyreally lucky, just saying. Cause I need a fiance who buys me tiny owls in Epcot. Some women like diamonds but I just want little things from WS gift shops.

What day was this again? I'm looking for myself in the bg of your photos. haha.

Can I just say that I have never been to the Festival Center and that is fine b/c my heart is just still very sore over the complete deletion of the Wonders of Life pavilion. EFF THAT.
Hahaha no, sharing was definitely not on the table with that one!!!

Awww he is very good to me!!!

LOL yeah, it was really weird being there and knowing all of the awesomness that used to be there!!! I was a bit bitter walking around as well, I will admit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
Sara! Thanks for the introduction to your parents. Did they pass on their love of WDW to you or did you infect them with this incurable disorder??

You know.. I've heard that Epcot is your favorite park!

One day.. I will make it to F&W (says holding up a sausage like Scarlett at Tara!) The snack size portions look so perfect.

Hoot is pretty cute...I wonder if he can perch on 'planty' and keep each other company?
Oh they definitely passed on their love to me!! We are all a pretty Disney-obsessed family!!

LOL I can't imagine where that rumor would have started!!

F&W was a great experience, we loved it!!!

Right now Hoot is hanging out with Planty on our windowsill, actually! They're next to each other, though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
Love Hoot, he's adorable! I had forgotten your folks were along for this trip. Very cool!

I am totally with you on your love of Epcot! Best place in the world. Wish I were there now. Torches lit... waiting for Illuminations....
He is a little cutie!!

It really is! I adore it there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Haha, I really thought your parents were a random couple you just took a picture of!

I miss the Food and Wine festival already. How is that even possible, I was just there 3 weeks ago!

I love those little owls they have in Japan, they have cats too! I got a black one that's supposed to protect you from evil spirits, and then when I got home, I realized I already had a black cat that I bought the year before! I guess I'm really afraid of evil spirits!

I love that the Jammitors (Jamminators? whatever they're called!) have ovens! I was in Mouse Gear alone one day, and when Brandon came in he said he saw them playing so he stopped and watched! I've still never seen them! He said he left when they started rapping though...it seems a bit awkward!
LOL no, but that would be hilarious!!

Oh me too! Why can't I just wander around a beautiful atmosphere and get a delicious waffle and steak and soup at home??

Hahaha you are super-protected now!!!

I thought that was an awesome addition! Yes, the rapping was a bit out of place, but I thought that added to the comedy of the whole routine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandleontheWater View Post
Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry I missed that you started this. I kept wondering if you were going to do a TR, but apparently I don't have enough brain cells left to rub together to realize I should just check your signature.

I'm so glad that Sandy didn't impact your trip to FL, and that you guys didn't get any damage!

I concur that the Spinach Paneer pocket was awesome! I did not try the filet, and looking at your photos I now really regret that decision. Maybe next year!

Looking forward to hearing more about wedding plans!
You do not need to apologize for missing this report!!! You have enough on your plate at the moment!!!!

It really was good!!! I hope they bring that back next year, it was REALLY good!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney9.9.10 View Post
Caught up! I love seeing all of the F&W stuff. I've never gone, I don't think it's really my thing, but it looks neat! Your little owl of wisdom is so cute

I don't want to take up space in your TR with my wedding pics, but if you do want to see them, the link is in my signature. It isn't that long of a report.
It really was a cool experience! It was a lot of wandering around and eating!

I will definitely check out your report, but you are also more than welcome to share your wedding pics here!!! I'd love to see them!
Old 12-03-2012, 05:29 AM   #145
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Apparently you need a lawn to buy a lawn ornament?? Who makes up these rules anyways?

Around this time, it occurred to us that we had been in DISNEY WORLD for quite some time, and hadn't been on a ride yet! So, naturally, we picked our most favorite jam-packed-with-thrilled attraction.

(Thankfully, the FP's weren't all gone for the day.)

DON'T WORRY, BLUEBERRY BOY!! STRINGBEAN'S COMING TO VISIT YOU!!!

This seems like a nice idyllic place to live. Except for the constant slew of restaurant patrons staring down at you, of course.

This seems like a less idyllic place to live.

I can't not take a picture of the Mickey lettuce.

Isn't he adorable???

Okay, FINE, there's other people posing in front of food too.

(But Blueberry Boy is the most iconic in my mind.)

Exiting the ride, I spied something across the way in the gift shop. I gasped, and declared that I needed it IMMEDIATELY.

DF: We don't even have a lawn. How can you get a lawn ornament.
Me: Because it is a flamingo in Mickey ears. He could live in our living room with Planty.

I'm pretty sure DF didn't even say no, he just walked away shaking his head.

SIGH.

Okay, FINE.

I can't stay pouty in Epcot.

Next we went under the sea (wait, wrong aquatic Disney movie).

I wonder if the fish can see these projections, and are like "WHERE DID THIS BRIGHTLY-COLORED MANTA RAY SUDDENLY COME FROM???"

There was a diver doing a demonstration in the main area.

I wonder if DF would let me get a palm tree for our living room?

CONTINUED IN NEXT POST
Old 12-03-2012, 05:29 AM   #146
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran

I hope my Disney obsession passes on to my kids! I think I have 1 hooked for sure, and the teenage boys are on the brink. They were pretty impressed, but didn't get to go when they were little, so I may have not hooked them early enough!
Twoboysnmygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 05:30 AM   #147
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Apparently you need a lawn to buy a lawn ornament?? (Part 2)

CONTINUED FROM PREVIOUS POST

Next, we headed to (say it with me)..."This. Our Spaceship Earth."

When it came time for our future to be displayed, I was surprised to see that for once, it was Wingnut's picture that was messed up.

Me: What were you doing?
Him: I wanted to see if the facial recognition software would work if I was looking down. It didn't.
Me: Clearly.

We started meandering back over in the direction of World Showcase, and stopped at the cranberry bog for a few minutes.

I'll admit it, I REALLY wanted to go in there and see what it was like to walk around in a bog filled with cranberries.

(And yes, there is an extremely high likelihood that I would have re-enacted the wine-making scene from "I Love Lucy")

(Go ahead, just TRY to tell me you wouldn't do the same thing.)

We were still a bit early for our dinner ADR, so we decided to meander around France and Morocco for a bit.

I love all of the colors and textures here.

We then went into the museum, where apparently I only took pictures of the walls?

Oh, and of a bench.

Another educational TR experience, brought to you by Stringbean&Wingnut.

I did get a picture of the museum's sign. That's sort of like an exhibit, right?

Circling back towards the UK.

The pathways were still packed with people wanting their food and wine.

We checked in for our dinner, and were getting excited for our first (real) meal of the trip!!
Old 12-03-2012, 05:35 AM   #148
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran

We have funny posting mojo this morning! Sorry I posted right in the middle of your update, I didn't know you were updating when I posted!!!

OMG, that scene in Living with the Land with the house! I will always laugh now. When we were on it in January, we rounded the corner (or entered the room, I forget how it is) and at the EXACT same time, Dylan (my 18 year old) and I both said in voices dripping in sarcasm "Oh look, it's HOME". I burst out laughing, it was so funny that we both thought the same thing. We live in a rural area and don't really LOVE a lot of the rural aspects, so it was just funny. Sorry...rambling on your TR on top of posting right in the middle of an update!
Twoboysnmygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:47 AM   #149
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Whew! I thought at first you were going for a Mickey gnome but the flamingo is totally something I would sport on my front lawn! Glad to see blueberry boy made an appearance. You may need to consider paying him some royalties for use of his image since he's now become so popular!!

I love Morocco (except for the incense smell in the shops) and we finally went into that Morocco Style building to look around. I like the henna tattoo history where the married women do no work until the henna disappears!!

Love the update!!
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:49 AM   #150
Curiouser&curiouser!
DIS Veteran

Yippee! You're finally at Epcot!

Nice to meet the parents! You definitely look like their daughter!

The food looks delicious!
Curiouser&curiouser! is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: