Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Canadian Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-02-2012, 11:15 PM   #31
piraterunner
Mouseketeer

Wow! What a dream come true that would be!!!! I am going in January for the Tinker Bell half marathon, not sure if I could swing another trip for July. Please post pictures it would be lovely to see everyone there
piraterunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:46 AM   #32
Club33forme
Mouse Wheels

Hi everyone,

We are still on for July 13th but I heard of a possible Club 33 renovation. I will try to get the facts and keep you all up to date.

Thanks.
Club33forme is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-07-2013, 10:27 AM   #33
Canadiantinkerfairy
Mouseketeer

Wow, okay. I was just coming here to check if things were still a go due to reno. We will await your information.
Just so excited to go that weekend! I cant wait to meet all the Canadian Disers and have others that are as jazzed about talking disney history. I love learning about the parks and Walt.

Has anyone else booked airfare yet? I made a reservation at the DLH so we are set to stay. I wasnt sure if it was confirmed for our lunch, and the timing on that. I will wait on pulling the trigger on airfare.

I feel like I know many people on this board even though I am not a high poster. I have been lurking in Disboards for years and became a member about a year ago when we were planning our last trip out. But, I still mostly lurk because I am a naturally reserved person.

Anyway, cant wait to hear more about the plans...Thanks again!
Canadiantinkerfairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 03:56 PM   #34
DisneyFreak06
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Club33forme
Hi everyone,

We are still on for July 13th but I heard of a possible Club 33 renovation. I will try to get the facts and keep you all up to date.

Thanks.
I had to cancel my trip to Rio. There might be a possibility of me joining you along with a friend, if this is a go and we can get things worked out. :-) of course this is if you still have room and rthe renos don't get in the way.
Tina the F.I. Kindergarten Pop Century (06) Pop Century (07) POFQ (09) All Star Music (09) All Star Movies and Grand Floridian(10) DL HoJo Anaheim (12) Port Orleans Riverside (12) DL Carousel Inn (13) Art of Animation and Pop (13)Sports and POR (14)

My Trip Reports:
Someone left their inside b*** on the toilet (WDW, July/Aug 2014) Dorothy and Blanche: a tale of leftover shoes and lost things! My Club 33 Disneyland trip! July 2013A Blast from the Past (2009!)The trip to make up for the cold (WDW, July 2012) I'm never staying home for March Break again (Disneyland, March 2012) You little sneak, a TR with lies and pictures (WDW, July/Aug 2010)
DisneyFreak06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:20 PM   #35
westcoastgal
Mouseketeer

Smile Amazing!

I have lurked on this board for a while but have been planning a trip to Disneyland in July to meet up with some friends that now live in Utah (I'm a Vancouverite and now in Toronto) for one of their son's birthday and for my daughter's first time to Disney. I am also thinking of a trip to Disneyworld in October or November but now think that the DL trip in July wins.
Am I allowed to attend even though you don't know me? Is the lunch on July 13? You are so incredibly kind and generous that this seems to good to be true.
westcoastgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:19 AM   #36
Club33forme
Mouse Wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastgal View Post
I have lurked on this board for a while but have been planning a trip to Disneyland in July to meet up with some friends that now live in Utah (I'm a Vancouverite and now in Toronto) for one of their son's birthday and for my daughter's first time to Disney. I am also thinking of a trip to Disneyworld in October or November but now think that the DL trip in July wins.
Am I allowed to attend even though you don't know me? Is the lunch on July 13? You are so incredibly kind and generous that this seems to good to be true.
You are most welcome to join us. Within the next week I want to confirm the Club can accommodate us so everyone can go ahead with their travel arrangements. Being you are new to the boards tell us a little of your Disney interests.
Old 01-12-2013, 12:51 PM   #37
Canadiantinkerfairy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Club33forme

You are most welcome to join us. Within the next week I want to confirm the Club can accommodate us so everyone can go ahead with their travel arrangements.
We are over the moon about this, and just beyond thankful for this opportunity. The most exciting part of this meeting is to meet all the other Canadian Disers.
Thanks again!
Old 01-13-2013, 03:21 AM   #38
westcoastgal
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Club33forme View Post
You are most welcome to join us. Within the next week I want to confirm the Club can accommodate us so everyone can go ahead with their travel arrangements. Being you are new to the boards tell us a little of your Disney interests.
I have been to Disneyland twice, once as a child with my family (3 sisters and parents and my aunt/uncle and cousins) and once as an adult with friends as a part of my bachelorette stag. I have been to Disneyworld once, as an adult.
I love love the magic of Disney and now that that Disney has evolved with the ages and has some strong heroines and not just princesses waiting for the prince to rescue them, I love Disney even more. My daughter is 3 and half and will be 4 in the summer and I believe age 4 or 5 is a perfect time for a child's first time at Disney. They are still young enough to feel the magic and wonder of it all. I still recall the first time I saw the Magic Kingdom and was in awe. At that age, they are old enough to go on some rides and don't get as tired or need to nap as much as younger toddlers. Although a day at the park wears out even me, a kid at heart.
I have to admit that I am a fan of Disney Pixar as the films have an adult humor and are for all ages.The other day I was at the Disney store and they play clips of films in the store for children on a big screen all the time. Well I sat with the toddlers and watched for a while and was laughing out loud and having as good a time as the children.
Having a child now of my own has had me explore Disney all over again. We own pretty much all the movies but I honestly don't allow my daughter that much television. She gets to watch a movie as a treat at certain times and is just at the age where she is asking who the characters are and getting interested in Disney. We went to a "meet Mickey and Minnie Mouse" at Christmas time here in Toronto and she was over the moon. She keeps asking to see Cinderella's castle and meet Mickey and Minnie Mouse.
I have been waiting for my daughter to be old enough to go to Disney with me and to see her face when she sees the castle and feels the magic.
I am not sure exactly what else you'd like to know but I'd be happy to answer any questions and give my info via private message.
I was planning to travel to Disneyworld with a friend who is also widowed and has a son that same age as my daughter but if I come to Disneyland, and it is looking that way, I would be meeting a different couple and their children. However, they wouldn't be joining us at the Club.
Is my daughter able to come to Club 33 with us?
Old 01-17-2013, 11:50 AM   #39
Club33forme
Mouse Wheels

Hi everyone.

I'm still waiting for confirmation from the Club that the upcoming renovations will not interfere with our event. I know it's only only 6 months until our date and we all need to make travel arrangements. Sorry for the inconvenience, I'm doing my best to get some answers. We have a great special guest on board to join us if everything continues as planned. *
Old 01-24-2013, 05:02 PM   #40
DisneyFreak06
DIS Veteran

Have you heard anything new?
Tina the F.I. Kindergarten Pop Century (06) Pop Century (07) POFQ (09) All Star Music (09) All Star Movies and Grand Floridian(10) DL HoJo Anaheim (12) Port Orleans Riverside (12) DL Carousel Inn (13) Art of Animation and Pop (13)Sports and POR (14)

My Trip Reports:
Someone left their inside b*** on the toilet (WDW, July/Aug 2014) Dorothy and Blanche: a tale of leftover shoes and lost things! My Club 33 Disneyland trip! July 2013A Blast from the Past (2009!)The trip to make up for the cold (WDW, July 2012) I'm never staying home for March Break again (Disneyland, March 2012) You little sneak, a TR with lies and pictures (WDW, July/Aug 2010)
DisneyFreak06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:49 AM   #41
Canadiantinkerfairy
Mouseketeer

Hey. i hope you all are well. My DH had to laugh at me as I compulsively check this thread to make sure I don't miss anything. Anyway. I just saw a disneyland commercial, so I guess it's good enough excuse as any to check back in and see how you all are doing..lol.
Old 01-26-2013, 10:33 PM   #42
OneoftheMels
Wearing My Ears

Quote:
Gee that's too bad, one of these years it will work for you. I have set up a few other meets. No special guest but fun activities. I can keep you informed if you like. We have enjoyed Walt's Firehouse Apartment, Circle D Ranch, Dream Suite and more. I expect to be there end of Dec 2012 Jan, July, Nov, 2013, Feb 2014 maybe one of those dates will work for you.
Are you still planning for Jan or have you already been? We are heading down there Monday....

Yay for the special guest!!! Very exciting!
OneoftheMels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 04:23 PM   #43
MaMudduck
Disney Princess Forever
I think is too cold in Canadian for the Tag fairy...She might freeze her pixie dust off!

Quote:
Gee that's too bad, one of these years it will work for you. I have set up a few other meets. No special guest but fun activities. I can keep you informed if you like. We have enjoyed Walt's Firehouse Apartment, Circle D Ranch, Dream Suite and more. I expect to be there end of Dec 2012 Jan, July, Nov, 2013, Feb 2014 maybe one of those dates will work for you.
I'm sticking to this thread like glue....I won't be able to make the July 13/2013 as I'll be flying to Honduras that day but there's still a possibility that I will be in California in Nov. Let me know if anything will be happen then.
Again I too would like to express my thanks for your wonderfully generous offer! You must a like the Fairy-godmother "making dreams come true"
WDW Commando Member#199

Wendy-MaMudduck-WDW' 77, Poly'78, DL'81,Grovs '88, ASMo'02, CBR'03, Vistana Oct'04,PolyCL- Oct'05,MVMCP@ POP Dec'07, BCV/BWV- Nov'08, Bonnet Creek, US/IOA, Nov '10, Disneyland-Nov '11 Dream Trip AKL-Oct'12, Xmas 1.5 Dec'13, 1st Solo Trip- Mar'14 , 2nd Solo trip-Nov '14
PaMudduck- Grovs'88, ASMo'02, Oct'04, POP- DEC'07 ,Disneyland-Nov'11 AKL-Oct'12, Xmas 1.5 Dec'13
'LilMudduck- ASMo'02, CBR'03, Oct'04, PolyCL-Oct'05, MVMCP- POP Dec'07WWoHP Nov '10, Xmas 1.5 Dec'13
MaMudduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 02:25 AM   #44
westcoastgal
Mouseketeer

So it is a go for July 13? I apologize for asking again but are children welcome at the lunch? I know kids are allowed in and there's a kids menu but I'm not sure of your personal policy for this meetup.
Thanks again.
Old 01-29-2013, 12:26 PM   #45
Club33forme
Mouse Wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastgal View Post
So it is a go for July 13? I apologize for asking again but are children welcome at the lunch? I know kids are allowed in and there's a kids menu but I'm not sure of your personal policy for this meetup.
Thanks again.
Sorry I missed your question, yes children are always welcome at Club 33. This event mght not be very entertaining for a little one but that choice is yours. You know your child best. Ours enjoy Club 33. The 33 staff is helpful and often bring something special like a glowing drink straw or dessert.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: