Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Gay and Lesbian at Disney
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-26-2012, 12:12 AM   #76
RENThead09
DIS Veteran

suffered through my 18 miler on Saturday. A little rough, but got it done.

When the runner's high engulfed me after the run, I was reading the Dis-boards and saw that they had re-opened registration for the TINK at the lowest cost.

What else is a boy to do but sign up for another 13.1 miles after running 39.3 the weekend before.

Now I just have to figure out what to wear.
Was thinking that running as Hook would be fun. But the crocodile would be cool too. HAHAHA

Upcoming Races...
Nov 2014 Avengers Half Marathon
Jan 2015 Star Wars Half Marathon
RENThead09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:53 PM   #77
dmwang9
Agent P's sidekick-in-training

This isn't quite in the same class as the other posts, but I've decided to run the Castaway Cay 5K while I'm on a Disney cruise with my family this June. Way back when, I ran cross country in high school, but I haven't run more than 2 miles in a long time. Right now, I could run/walk a 5k, but my goal is to run the entire thing.

DLR: off site (8/74), GC (2/01), DLH (10/07, Gay Days Anaheim), VGC (3/13), off site (12/13), off site (2/14)
WDW: Swan (7/03, Nimbus), CR (8/06), Dolphin (8/07), Swan (6/08), Swan (6/09), BWV (7/10), BWV (7/11), BWV (6/12), SSR (6/13), BWV (3/14, Flower and Garden), AKL-Kidani (10/14, Food and Wine)
Universal: Royal Pacific (7/10, Infinitus), Portofino Bay (7/12, Ascendio)
Cruises: Dream (7/11, 4 night Bahamas), Dream (6/12, PCC 3.0, 5 night Bahamas), Fantasy (6/13, 7 night W Caribbean)
ABD: DIS Backstage Magic (7/14)
dmwang9 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-28-2012, 07:36 AM   #78
jeanigor

Top of the "list" (now, which list is it?)
Don't pee on the parquet

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmwang9 View Post
This isn't quite in the same class as the other posts, but I've decided to run the Castaway Cay 5K while I'm on a Disney cruise with my family this June. Way back when, I ran cross country in high school, but I haven't run more than 2 miles in a long time. Right now, I could run/walk a 5k, but my goal is to run the entire thing.
I think that it is more about the getting out and doing it than the distance. The Castaway Cay 5K is a fun one. I'm not sure I would be willing to do it in June though. I've done one in May and two in December. Be prepared to sweat more than you normally do. This past October, our plan was to do the 5K on deck 4, on the running track. However, Hurricane Sandy prevented that (and our stop at Castaway Cay) so we worked with Guest Relations and ran/walked one inside the ship. Got some strange looks from Crew Members and fellow guests, but it was a fun experience.
Old 11-29-2012, 06:08 PM   #79
sunnygal041
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by adpibri
You'll do great, and think of the bling! Im going cheap these trips and staying at the All Star Movie resort
How is the training going in Texas?

[url=http://distickers.com/ticker/][/url
sunnygal041 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:39 PM   #80
adpibri
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnygal041 View Post
How is the training going in Texas?
It hasn't been too bad here lately as it has cooled off. . but this coming week it's supposed to creep back up to 80 so it won't be quite as comfy! lol!
adpibri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:48 PM   #81
sunnygal041
DIS Veteran

Quote:

It hasn't been too bad here lately as it has cooled off. . but this coming week it's supposed to creep back up to 80 so it won't be quite as comfy! lol!
It's been about 77 here during the day and right now, it is 69

Old 12-01-2012, 07:24 AM   #82
jiminy.cricket
Disneyphile Extraordinare

Quote:
Originally Posted by RENThead09
suffered through my 18 miler on Saturday. A little rough, but got it done.

When the runner's high engulfed me after the run, I was reading the Dis-boards and saw that they had re-opened registration for the TINK at the lowest cost.

What else is a boy to do but sign up for another 13.1 miles after running 39.3 the weekend before.

Now I just have to figure out what to wear.
Was thinking that running as Hook would be fun. But the crocodile would be cool too. HAHAHA
ROFL. Seriously, though, that's incredible. I've never heard of an 18-miler. I'll have to look up the Tink. Is that in Anaheim? Hook would be fun--he's kind of a diva. I can't imagine anyone running in a crocodile costume, though. Maybe not so much crocodile?
jiminy.cricket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 10:35 PM   #83
RENThead09
DIS Veteran

18 miler was just one of the training runs for the goofy. Got one more long run coming up. Besides that just focusing on the back to back runs. Did 5 and 9 this weekend and felt good.

Jiminy, which half you doing at WDW?

Upcoming Races...
Nov 2014 Avengers Half Marathon
Jan 2015 Star Wars Half Marathon
RENThead09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:11 AM   #84
sunnygal041
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Hey there, weather here in SE FLA has been unusually warm, supposed to hit 85 tomorrow. Hope it cools down some next month! R u doing the 5K also?

Old 12-06-2012, 12:26 PM   #85
jiminy.cricket

Quote:
Originally Posted by RENThead09
18 miler was just one of the training runs for the goofy. Got one more long run coming up. Besides that just focusing on the back to back runs. Did 5 and 9 this weekend and felt good.

Jiminy, which half you doing at WDW?
Oh, I see. Well congratulations anyway! Geez. Is the Goofy 1.5 marathons??? Five miles is my longest run so far, which I was supposed to run this weekend. With finals for my night class looming, though, running has taken a back seat over the past couple of weeks. I'll aim for six miles on my next run.

My dream is to run the WDW Marathon, and I have been noodling on doing the Half for years. I know I won't be ready for the one this January, though, so I'm thinking about doing a different one next year...not sure which. Guess it depends on season and registration availability. Which ones have you done?
Old 12-06-2012, 12:49 PM   #86
jeanigor

Top of the "list" (now, which list is it?)
Don't pee on the parquet

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminy.cricket View Post
Oh, I see. Well congratulations anyway! Geez. Is the Goofy 1.5 marathons??? Five miles is my longest run so far, which I was supposed to run this weekend. With finals for my night class looming, though, running has taken a back seat over the past couple of weeks. I'll aim for six miles on my next run.

My dream is to run the WDW Marathon, and I have been noodling on doing the Half for years. I know I won't be ready for the one this January, though, so I'm thinking about doing a different one next year...not sure which. Guess it depends on season and registration availability. Which ones have you done?
The Goofy Challenge is comprised of doing the Donald ½ Marathon on Saturday and the Mickey Full Marathon on Sunday. (You get a bonus medal. More bling!!!!!!)

Doing the Dopey is adding the 5K Fun Run on Friday as well.

Maybe 2014 for me. Had to bow out of 2013.
Old 12-06-2012, 08:41 PM   #87
geaux_half
Recovering 5 Moon Half Fanatic #137

I'll be having a Pirates and Princesses weekend in February. I'm running the Gasparilla Distance Classic 15k on Saturday the 23rd and volunteering for the Princess 1/2 Sunday the 24th.

geaux_half is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 02:21 PM   #88
jiminy.cricket

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanigor

The Goofy Challenge is comprised of doing the Donald ½ Marathon on Saturday and the Mickey Full Marathon on Sunday. (You get a bonus medal. More bling!!!!!!)

Doing the Dopey is adding the 5K Fun Run on Friday as well.

Maybe 2014 for me. Had to bow out of 2013.
Dang. That's over 40 miles. Wonder why it's called the Dopey. I think I'll struggle just to get through a Half. Don't worry. Disney will still be there in 2014, when you can try the Dwarves' mine coaster.

My toes are actually getting a bit beaten up from time to time in my sneakers. I'm actually thinking about trying out the Invisible Shoe. It's about as close as I can get to running barefoot without actually running barefoot. Has anyone tried it? What were your thoughts?
Old 12-07-2012, 06:10 PM   #89
adpibri
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminy.cricket View Post
Dang. That's over 40 miles. Wonder why it's called the Dopey. I think I'll struggle just to get through a Half. Don't worry. Disney will still be there in 2014, when you can try the Dwarves' mine coaster.

My toes are actually getting a bit beaten up from time to time in my sneakers. I'm actually thinking about trying out the Invisible Shoe. It's about as close as I can get to running barefoot without actually running barefoot. Has anyone tried it? What were your thoughts?
Dang those shoes do not look comfy at all! lol! I've seen people wearing them though, they're def not for my feet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnygal041 View Post
Hey there, weather here in SE FLA has been unusually warm, supposed to hit 85 tomorrow. Hope it cools down some next month! R u doing the 5K also?
Yes ma'am I'll be doing the 5k in Jan and Feb.
adpibri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 06:25 PM   #90
sunnygal041
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Dang those shoes do not look comfy at all! lol! I've seen people wearing them though, they're def not for my feet!

Yes ma'am I'll be doing the 5k in Jan and Feb.
Holy crow! 5k before the marathon?! 5k before the Princess??? You are Wonder Woman

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: