Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-28-2012, 06:29 PM   #136
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

Kristel’s berry beer looked good and I do not like beer. LOL
The monorail pic is beautiful.
The pic of the dtd boat is gorgeous.
You should do the balloon, it is really fun.
I look so cute in the r2 hat. ROTF
The spot you sat at looks so peaceful.
The breakfast Panini looks good.
I love Soarin’ but wish they would change it like Star Tours with different scenes.
You two must have hit every F&W kiosk I think we only hit France. LOL.
Oh I missed looking at the German miniatures.
The Polish food looked really good. Not the thing with mushrooms. YUCK!!!
The Philly cannoli’s were good but the ones in Astoria that a friend gets are INCREDIBLE. Ok sorry.
Nice you got to see Kathy.
The lounge was tiny.
Saying Kristel tweets a lot is like saying I am fat. It is just a natural fact. LOL
I loved the chocolate displays. They might be coming up in my tr. LOL
I saw several K-9 units this trip. Mostly in parking lots.
Lily is so cute.
That is why I stopped really ordering steaks at Disney unless it is a signature place or some place I really trust.
No your niece would understand. LOL. If there is one I won’t be there either. We are going December.
Oh I have a pic coming up of your bright red face.
She was a great CM.
Okay all caught up.
Old 11-28-2012, 07:04 PM   #137
tazdev3225
I sucked my thumb up with the vacuum
I fell up a mountain skiing and sprained both my ankles

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
Kristel’s berry beer looked good and I do not like beer. LOL
It was very good I had a taste.

The monorail pic is beautiful.
Thank you that is one of my favorite pics

The pic of the dtd boat is gorgeous.
Thanks again. I like my newest camera

You should do the balloon, it is really fun.
I don't think you could get me drunk enough to go up in that balloon

I look so cute in the r2 hat. ROTF
Yes you do.

The spot you sat at looks so peaceful.
It really was and in the shade.

The breakfast Panini looks good.
She said it was very good. I didn't try it.

I love Soarin’ but wish they would change it like Star Tours with different scenes.
I get sick on it. I have to keeo my eyes closed the entire ride

You two must have hit every F&W kiosk I think we only hit France. LOL.
I didn't eat at every one but I did get my passport stamped at them all. Gave me something to do.

Oh I missed looking at the German miniatures.
The Polish food looked really good. Not the thing with mushrooms. YUCK!!!
And I thought it could have used more mushrooms.

The Philly cannoli’s were good but the ones in Astoria that a friend gets are INCREDIBLE. Ok sorry.
I have never had them therefore no comparison. I'm sure there are others that are just as good or better. I do like mine from the Italian market though.

Nice you got to see Kathy.
You got to see her too.
The lounge was tiny.
Saying Kristel tweets a lot is like saying I am fat. It is just a natural fact. LOL
I don't know how to comment on this one. She was on that phone ALOT though.

I loved the chocolate displays. They might be coming up in my tr. LOL
I will be reading

I saw several K-9 units this trip. Mostly in parking lots.
I've seen them in the parking lots but this was really strange. I don't think he found what he was looking for

Lily is so cute.
She is a real cutie.
That is why I stopped really ordering steaks at Disney unless it is a signature place or some place I really trust.
The one at the Turf Club was really good. This was the first really bad one I've had in all my trips but it was bad

No your niece would understand. LOL. If there is one I won’t be there either. We are going December.
I don't think my mom or brother, her father- would understand. When in December? I thought you were looking at September cruises.

Oh I have a pic coming up of your bright red face.
My bright red face seems to have been a source of amusement. It always gets like that

She was a great CM.
She really was and a nice person to chat with. Some of the CM's can be stand offish.
Okay all caught up.
Ok all caught up on your response. You were a bit behind.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-29-2012, 08:37 AM   #138
xDisneyAngelx
"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, Your party from Saturn has arrived please give them a ring"

Disney Guest Outfits

Hey, I just had to stop by and say something about the crazy outfits. Now you tell me...who would wear heels to Epcot? I mean seriously look how much walking this theme park has. Just looking at the photo makes my feet hurt. I pray for the people who brave the theme parks with heels, they definitely have alot of guts. Anyway I also had to say what wonderful photos you have taken and I am glad you had an amazing time. It's always sad when the last day is here :-( I have enjoyed following your trip report and hope that there is more to come in the future. Take care :-)
Old 11-29-2012, 01:37 PM   #139
tazdev3225

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDisneyAngelx View Post
Hey, I just had to stop by and say something about the crazy outfits. Now you tell me...who would wear heels to Epcot? I mean seriously look how much walking this theme park has. Just looking at the photo makes my feet hurt. I pray for the people who brave the theme parks with heels, they definitely have alot of guts. Anyway I also had to say what wonderful photos you have taken and I am glad you had an amazing time. It's always sad when the last day is here :-( I have enjoyed following your trip report and hope that there is more to come in the future. Take care :-)
Thanks for stopping in. I told my friend I am going down one day and just taking pictures of all the crazy outfits.As you said it's a theme park. Commfy shoes should be what you are packing. My feet hurt too looking at them.

Thanks about the photos. I love taking pics and I'm glad that my travel companions are usually very tolerant. In fact we usually laugh about the fact that my camera is in my face on ride photos.

It really was an amazing trip. I will be planning my trip for december when I finish up here and it will be decorated for the holidays. More photo ops. I do have my last day to finish this report up. Sadly a half day as we were leaving but a fun filled half day.
Old 11-29-2012, 05:59 PM   #140
barneyda
Earning My Ears

Your camera

What kind of camera are you using for those fabulous pictures? If you've already had this discussion in this trip report, I missed it! This is the first time I've come out of ""stalker" mode on these boards, but I enjoyed your photos so much I HAD to know!!!
Old 11-29-2012, 06:09 PM   #141
tazdev3225

Quote:
Originally Posted by barneyda View Post
What kind of camera are you using for those fabulous pictures? If you've already had this discussion in this trip report, I missed it! This is the first time I've come out of ""stalker" mode on these boards, but I enjoyed your photos so much I HAD to know!!!
Thanks for coming out of stalker mode and Hi!

Thanks so much I'm glad you've enjoyed the photos. I used a Sony DSC-HX200 on this trip. It is a great camera and I've been happy with it. Fabulous zoom, better than my DSLR believe it or not.

There are a few more photos to come tomorrow. I plan to do an update while watching one of my favorite subjects to take pics of - my granddaughter.
Old 11-30-2012, 12:00 PM   #142
tazdev3225

DAY 7 and we leave for home

First we had some things to do.

I was up at 7. No need to rush. After I showered I packed what I had left and headed to the gift shop to pick up my packages. Kristel was packing her car. I think we were both a little moody that morning because we were a little short with each other. While she packed her car I loaded my suitcase, back pack and the battery on the scooter and headed to resort check in. That I should have gotten a picture of. But picture in your mind my driving with all of that wearing the boot. It was pretty funny to watch.

Check-in was a breeze and I even got my boarding pass. It was then off to Bell Services to drop off my backpack and the battery. Finally I was off to the bus stop. Kristel was there waiting to go to DTD so I joined her. I had one last thing I wanted to look for. I didn't get it there. We just had some major miscommunication at the room. She was going to Goofy's Candy Co. so I went there too. Got a pic of the Flights in Fancy balloon while we waited for the shop to open.

It's hard to tell but that balloon was drifting sideways ALOT!!! There is no way I am ever going on that. I took a pic of our destination

Then we realized they were already open. We each had some snack credits left so I was looking for something for the plane. She was looking for driving home snacks. What to get though there are so many choices

I settled on a Snickerdoodle cookie and this

rice krispie treat dipped in dark chocolate, covered in mini M & M's and drizzled with white chocolate. It was my treat for a week. We headed to the bus stop and then tried to decide what bus to take. Well I did anyway. She was taking her things to her car. I had my mind made up for me when the first bus to arrive was going to POFQ. When we got to the resort she headed to her car and I got back in line for DHS. We had one last meal planned there with Scott and Vinny. The bus for DHS arrived just after Kristel so we were off. When we arrived I had one picture I wanted to get

I never had time before or it was crowded. Kristel needed a bathroom break so I waited and decided I was not using water fountains ever again

This little guy was taking a bath in it. I stopped at the camera store and bought a Mickey Strap for my camera. It is really cute but very uncomfortable. Word of advice - don't buy one. We were then off to 50's Prime Time. Kristel had texted Scott and they were running late. We decided to just wait. So of course I took more pics

Kristel tweeting, I'm not even sure what that is but she did it a lot.

I watched some TV

And Scott and Vinny were there. They had issues with laundry and switching resorts. Now I have had a very quiet time here and I had a waiter who really got into the routine. We had a great "cousin". We took some pics
Kristel and I

Scott and Vinny

someone said something funny

Scott had onion rings. This changed from last year. Now they come in a little fry basket

We all had shakes. I had a chocolate malted

That was so good. Nice and thick and plenty of malt. Vinny didn't like his shake because he said it was too thick. He wanted a thin shake. Kristel and Scott had the PB&J shakes. They said they were good.

For entrees Scott had the chicken, Vinny had the meat loaf and Kristel and I got Mom's sampler, it had the chicken, meat loaf and pot roast too

It was going to be my only meal of the day so I ate more than I would have normally. I thought everything was very good especially the vegies. Scott and Kristel didn't like the greens and Vinny had a real issue with the carrots. He doesn't like carrots from what I could gather. Carrots were in the meatloaf and in the green beans. Our cousin tried to feed him

Scott was having a good time watching

I waitressed through college so out of habit I stack my dishes. I didn't eat all of the chicken But I am weird about chicken. I only eat the outer layer. I can't eat what's near the bone. Weird I know. I was labeled argumentative because I argued that at least I at all of my vegies. She also announced it to everyone near us. I got up and waved. It really was a lot of fun. For dessert Kristel got a Boston Creme Parfait

Scott and I each got this monstrosity

The Brownie sundae. We should have just gotten the one that came with my meal and 2 plates. It was HUGE!!! Sadly our lunch came to an end and we headed to the exit. Scott and Vinny were off to their new resort and Kristel was headed back to POFQ and her car. After some hugs we parted ways. I was off to MK as I still had some time before the ME came for me.
Old 11-30-2012, 08:20 PM   #143
Mom&RN
Mouseketeer

I think the last day blues make everyone grumpy. Glad you both had obviously cheered up by lunch. We have a reservation and 50s for our upcoming trip. I know my husband will get a kick out of the decor (he was born in 1950) but am worried he won't find the servers funny. I'm hoping if I warn him in advance he will enjoy it. However, he does not like attention drawn to him so that is my big fear. I think the servers must be able to pick up on when to push and when not so I'm sticking with the reservation and hope he enjoys it. Your Goofy's treat looked very decadent!

2003 - Offsite, 2006 - Offsite, 2007 - Pop, 2009 - AKL, 2010 - CBR, 2011 - Pop, Jan 2013 - BC (WITH Non-DH!!), Sep 2013 - CBR (girls trip!), Feb 2014 - BW (conference), May 2014 - WL (club level!)
Old 11-30-2012, 08:42 PM   #144
tazdev3225

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom&RN View Post
I think the last day blues make everyone grumpy. Glad you both had obviously cheered up by lunch. We have a reservation and 50s for our upcoming trip. I know my husband will get a kick out of the decor (he was born in 1950) but am worried he won't find the servers funny. I'm hoping if I warn him in advance he will enjoy it. However, he does not like attention drawn to him so that is my big fear. I think the servers must be able to pick up on when to push and when not so I'm sticking with the reservation and hope he enjoys it. Your Goofy's treat looked very decadent!
I really think that was part of our problem, that and my just being in pain. We are planning a trip together in 2014 so I think we are good. Keep the reservation. They really do seem to know who to play with and who to back away from. The table next to us had a couple who really seemed to not be in to the whole experience and they had the same waitress as we did. She never bothered them at all.

That Goofy's treat was decadent. I ate a little piece every day for a week. Any more and I would have been on a sugar high but it really was good.
Old 12-02-2012, 06:49 PM   #145
tazdev3225

We had said our good-byes and I was on my own. We left 50's Prime Time around 1 PM according to the time info on the last picture have. I was lucky that a bus to the TTC came almost immediately. I made good time and an express monorail arrived almost the second I got to the platform. With that my luck ended. I was sitting on it and the doors weren't closing. The express monorail was going off line. I had to transfer and then stop at all of the resorts. I wasn't happy.

Finally, 1 hour later I was seeing this.

I have to say it's one of the best shots I have ever gotten. Usually there are a lot more people in my way. I was on a mission. I drove as fast as I safely could to Fantasyland. Of course once in that area I go at a snails pace as it is crowded and difficult to manuever. Soon I reached my destination. I was going to get a preview of the Fantasyland expansion. I wound up going in the side they were using as an exit. The CM tried to make me go around and for once I argued back and stood my ground. I didn't choose to go in the exit I was forced in there by the crowds. I told him that if he wanted to run interference I would go around the 10 feet to the other side. BUT since the entrance was going to the same spot I was already at I was going in. I felt bad afterwards but I only had a little time.

Just pics coming up with a little commentary.

I believe this is all for Be Our Guest

Gastons Tavern

Not sure where this was but those people in the lower right corner don't look happy

The gift shop

I wanted to go on the Little Mermaid ride and the wait time was about 20 minutes. So on I went. Following pics are from the queue

I can't even begin to describe how wonderful all of the little details were

This was for the interactive part. It was a little to crowded as so many people were trying them out

Right around here is where I separated to park the scooter.

I loved the whole queue area and wish I hadn't been worried about the time.
Old 12-02-2012, 07:04 PM   #146
tazdev3225

And then I was on the ride

The ride vehicles are clams like Finding Nemo but I felt that they were a tad bigger. The whole ride was so worth the wait and I'm really happy I was able to experience it.

I went over here next

I had hoped to see Ariel but the wait was too long. I was already pushing my time limit.

One last shot of Belle's castle

And I really hope this opens early so I can ride it next year

With that I had to leave the MK. Of course it was just before 3 PM and and the parade was due to start. I had to try and beat the parade and deal with the crowds to exit. I had an hour for the ME bus but needed to get the scooter back so I woudn't be charged for a full day. I called Walker Mobility to tell them I was running a little late so I was OK there.

Next update will be the end of the trip.
Old 12-02-2012, 07:25 PM   #147
Lesprivate
DIS Veteran

I was so happy to be able to ride the Little Mermaid.

DVC Owners - Saratoga Springs since 2006
AKL Kidani August 2013, CBR October 2012, OKW August 2012, May 2011 BLT,October 2010 BLT, August 2010 AKV, August 2009 SSR,May 2009 SSR, August 2008 VWL, August 2007 - POR and BCV, November 2006 - POFQ, August 2004 - ASSP, January 2001 - Offsite, December 1998 - Offsite, May 1997 - Offsite, June 1996 - Offsite, December 1995 - Offsite, June 1994 - Offsite, February 1989 - Offsite, April 1986 - Offsite, April 1985 - Offsite, December 1985 - Offsite, Numerous times as a child
Me , DH , DD , DGS Lucky , Spike Spanky :
Old 12-02-2012, 08:03 PM   #148
rndmr2
DIS Veteran

Looks like your meal at 50's was a good one. I would like that fried chicken but from what I have seen it comes with greens and I would have to substitute the green for another veggie because I don't like them either. I definitely wouldn't want them to feed me those! LOL

Glad you were able to see the New Fantasyland! You got some nice pics. I can't wait to see it and get on that Little Mermaid ride.

8/1985--Days Inn Sand Lake Rd, 8/1987-- Wilson World, 12/1987-- Contemporary, 8/1989-- Caribbean Beach, 12/1989-- Port Orleans (now POFQ), 7/1990-- Caribbean Beach, 6/1991-- Carribbean Beach (Senior Week!), 8/1992-- Port Orleans (Now POFQ), 9/1995--All Star Music, August 1998-- Dixie Landings -Alligator Bayou (now PO Riverside), 7/1999-- All Star Movies, 11/2004-- Pop Century, 5/2010 POR Magnolia Bend, 5/2011 Saratoga Springs Resort
Old 12-02-2012, 09:20 PM   #149
tazdev3225

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesprivate View Post
I was so happy to be able to ride the Little Mermaid.
I was too. I knew when Scott said that they were open I had to try and get over there before I left and was so thankful I had enough time. It was too bad that Kristel had to leave earlier than I did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rndmr2 View Post
Looks like your meal at 50's was a good one. I would like that fried chicken but from what I have seen it comes with greens and I would have to substitute the green for another veggie because I don't like them either. I definitely wouldn't want them to feed me those! LOL

Glad you were able to see the New Fantasyland! You got some nice pics. I can't wait to see it and get on that Little Mermaid ride.
The chicken does come with greens. I never really had them before but there is only one vegie I steer clear of and they weren'tas bad as that one. Watching the cousin try and feed Vinny was the best part of the meal. He was having none of those carrots.

I really was excoted to see the expansion. I knew it wasn't due to open til after I left so that was a real bonus. Now if the Snow White ride is open by next december I will be really happy. I can't wait to go back next year and really have some time to explore. One hour wasn't much time but it was really worth it.
Old 12-03-2012, 07:10 PM   #150
GeminiAngel
DIS Veteran

Sorry you and Kristel got grumpy on each other. Good thing you bought those Grumpy shirts.

I can't wait to see the new Fantasyland. And according to the menu for Gastons Tavern it looks as if the idea of a special beverage is being copied.
Butter Beer, vs LeFou's Brew.

I had told Scott the Little Mermaid ride is exactly the same as the one in DLR's California Adventure. We should have an Ip-Dip on the west coast!

DLR: To many times to count!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: