Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-02-2012, 06:38 PM   #31
OMD13
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillpie View Post
Ok I have an official update. I went right to the source, and called DCL this morning. They confirmed there will be no change. After speaking to a regular DCL rep, they then gave me the number for the embarkation dept themselves to confirm even further. They too confirmed they are continuing the airport service as is. She had no idea why a random date of December rumor would have even started. There is no such thing. I mean, think about it. DCL would have contacted all Dec. and Jan. cruisers by now if such a change would be occurring. None of it makes sense. So rest assured everyone, DCL is still and will be, checking guests in at the airport.
That is great new!
OMD13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 06:44 PM   #32
bzzelady
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Ok I have an official update. I went right to the source, and called DCL this morning. They confirmed there will be no change. After speaking to a regular DCL rep, they then gave me the number for the embarkation dept themselves to confirm even further. They too confirmed they are continuing the airport service as is. She had no idea why a random date of December rumor would have even started. There is no such thing. I mean, think about it. DCL would have contacted all Dec. and Jan. cruisers by now if such a change would be occurring. None of it makes sense. So rest assured everyone, DCL is still and will be, checking guests in at the airport.

Jillpie,

You rock!
Thank you for checking this out and getting the official word from the "horse's mouth"

Me DH DD14 DM
bzzelady is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-02-2012, 07:02 PM   #33
phoenixleigh
Mouseketeer

Don't you mean the "mouse's mouth"? Lol
Old 12-02-2012, 09:18 PM   #34
Jillpie
Can you package some Main St. music and send it to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixleigh View Post
good one.
Old 12-02-2012, 10:05 PM   #35
MKRuns 26
Mouseketeer

This is disappointing if true that MCO will no longer check-in you or your family. Itís a great service for those who are staying at the airport hotel or flying in. I hope Disney is preparing the terminal for even more passengers checking-in and managing the long lines that will happen at PC. Fingers crossed that this is a myth.
Disney Magic- X 4

WDW- More times then I can count
DL- Soon
MKRuns 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 10:25 PM   #36
Jillpie
Can you package some Main St. music and send it to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKRuns 26 View Post
This is disappointing if true that MCO will no longer check-in you or your family. Itís a great service for those who are staying at the airport hotel or flying in. I hope Disney is preparing the terminal for even more passengers checking-in and managing the long lines that will happen at PC. Fingers crossed that this is a myth.
See pg. 2 post # 28. No worries.
Old 12-02-2012, 10:46 PM   #37
MKRuns 26
Mouseketeer

Quote:
See pg. 2 post # 28. No worries.
Sorry, I must have missed your post. Thanks for the good news update.
Disney Magic- X 4

WDW- More times then I can count
DL- Soon
MKRuns 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 02:41 PM   #38
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hopefully your CMs had better info than the OP's CM.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 05:09 PM   #39
bzzelady
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixleigh View Post
I stand corrected...thank you

Me DH DD14 DM
bzzelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 06:45 AM   #40
momof2minnies
DIS Veteran

As I said in thepast you will always get two different answers when you speak to cms. I called dcl for another question and while I had her on the phone I asked her this as well. She said she has heard this and cant confirm or deny, so I said standard corparate answer and she laughed and said yes. So no one knows the real deal til it happens
2000 OKW First trip with the kids,2001 OKW First time for my parents,2002 Marriott Grande Vista/OKW,2003 MGV,2004 OKW,2005 March Disney cruise/SSR, July-MGV, 2007 CSR, 2008 Clearwater-day trip, Marathon 2009 OKW,Nov. 2009 CSR then the Magic,Marathon 2010 OKW,June 2010 AKL,Marathon 2011 OKW, Anniversary 2011 POFQ,Disney Dream+BC 2012,Disney Fantasy 2013,Anniversary 2013 POR, Jan 2014 OKW

4/08 First half marathon- Oleksak lumber- Ma., 2:23:35
10/08 Second half marathon-Applefest-Hollis,NH.,2:17:05
01/09 First full marathon- Disney-5:39:24
01/10 5K and Half marathon- with my brother- Disney-2:43:42
01/11 5k and Half marathon-Disney- 2:11:46
4/12 5k Castaway Cay on the Dream with Arynn
momof2minnies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 07:49 AM   #41
cwdefouw
DVC Member since 1999

In terms of the possible lack of security issue mentioned early in the thread. We just did airport check-in last week and the process went like this...

At 8:30 Those waiting to check in went up in family groups to a check-in cast member behind a desk just like at the terminal. Passports and documents are shown. The cast member verifies photos are on file, (we were all returning cruisers) they present KTTW cards and lanyards, health questionaires are completed, they staple a card for the first bus (Mickey) to the document book. Your document book has a barcode that they scan to verify your name and that you purchased transfers so even if you do online check-in you will need your document book that they send in the mail.

At 9:20 They call those with cards for the Mickey bus to line up. Everyone lines up and a cast member proceeds to check passports again and scans the barcode in the document again, matching up person with documents, that cast member also hands out Boarding Group Cards, everyone on the first bus got Boarding Group 2.

At 9:30 We proceed to board the bus and they scan the barcode in the docs again to link us to the bus and confirm again that we paid for transfers.

At 10:30 We arrive at the port, go through security and proceed upstairs to wait in the terminal. No further checks of documents were done at the terminal.

So there are additional checks done at the airport after check-in to ensure the person checked in is the same person boarding the bus.

This was our first time using DCL transfers and airport check in and it was great. Hopefully they will not discontinue this.

Last edited by cwdefouw; 12-07-2012 at 07:55 AM.
cwdefouw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 06:13 PM   #42
SigalTchelet
Mouseketeer

Hi-thanks for the great info. Do you recall if the bus was handicapped accessible (Did it have a lift on it?)? Thanks!

Siggy aka Jill
Siggy's Fantastic Fantasy PTR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3081866
WDW Caribbean Beach Resort 1994
Disneyland: Many times in my childhood, October 1976, March 1977, June 16, 1977 (Grad Night), severasl times in the 80's, August 1991, October 3, 2009 (50th Birthday), May 2010, October 2010, February 2011, May 2011, October 2011

SigalTchelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 07:06 PM   #43
shburks
DIS Veteran

What if I (gasp) don't want to be there at 8:30 to check in? Does the line get long? If I'm ok with arriving downstairs to check in at airport at 9:00 will we still get to port at decent time?

DCL: Wonder: October 2015 * Magic: January 2014 * Fantasy: October 2013 * Dream: January 2013 * Fantasy: August 2012
WDW: Beach Club Apr 2014 * Coronado Springs Oct 2013 * Boardwalk Sept 2013 * Animal Kingdom Lodge July 2013 * PO French Quarter (Jan 2013, Apr 2014) * Pop Century (Aug 2012, Dec 2009) * Wilderness Lodge (Sept, 2013, Oct 2011, Sept 2010), ASMo Dec 2003, off property: 1990, 1988, 1985
Disney's Vero Beach Resort: July 2013
shburks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:46 PM   #44
tinkerone
DIS Veteran

as i am another canadian, this would not matter to us in the least. if it does happen and it effects anyone i am sorry. i will say its not that big a deal to have to do the check in at the port. we just get our bus pass, get on the bus and do the line up at the port instead of at the airport. from watching both lines, theres not much of a difference in time. you have to do it here or there. if your sitting at the port anyways why not check in there?
what i'm trying to say is don't let this bother you if it does happen, your still going to be on the happiest ship in the world in time for lunch.
tinkerone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 05:34 PM   #45
hmangus
Mouseketeer

Maybe they are going to do a mobile Check in... Making it even more convenient!

November 2002 Disney Wonder (Nassua & Castaway Cay)
January 2006 Disney Wonder (Nassua & Castaway Cay)
January 2012 Saratoga Springs Treehouse Villas WDW
January 2012 Disney Dream (Nassua & Castaway Cay)
January 2013 Saratoga Springs Mini Vacation
May 2013 Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean (Grand Cayman, Costa Maya, Cozumel, & Castaway Cay)
November 2014 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean (St. Thomas, San Juan & Castaway Cay)
hmangus is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: