Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2012, 12:42 PM   #2206
babyberger
DIS Veteran

I was hoping for the full weeks list but this is all I got from the IPO regarding the Dec movies.

The movie schedule is as follows:

Saturday 12/1 Cinderella
Sunday 12/02 Aristocats
Monday 12/03 Cars II
Tuesday 12/04 Muppets
Wednesday 12/05 Winnie the Pooh

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 11-30-2012, 12:49 PM   #2207
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
I was hoping for the full weeks list but this is all I got from the IPO regarding the Dec movies.

The movie schedule is as follows:

Saturday 12/1 Cinderella
Sunday 12/02 Aristocats
Monday 12/03 Cars II
Tuesday 12/04 Muppets
Wednesday 12/05 Winnie the Pooh

The movies are usually the same for the entire month. They only change daily and are repeated the next week, so it looks like you're missing Thursday and Friday.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-30-2012, 12:52 PM   #2208
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK
The movies are usually the same for the entire month. They only change daily and are repeated the next week, so it looks like you're missing Thursday and Friday.
Yep, but I was hoping to receive the whole week so I could post it for someone else who may want it. I'll get a copy of the schedule this weekend and post it when I get back.

My Trip Reports:

Old 11-30-2012, 12:57 PM   #2209
ErinsMommy
DIS Veteran

Where are the movies shown??

Old 11-30-2012, 01:40 PM   #2210
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Yep, but I was hoping to receive the whole week so I could post it for someone else who may want it. I'll get a copy of the schedule this weekend and post it when I get back.

The activities calendar should be updated this weekend and I'll post it here if it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErinsMommy View Post
Where are the movies shown??
In between the CR and BLT near the Skybridge (which is off to the right in this photo):

Old 12-01-2012, 05:33 AM   #2211
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgundry View Post
A few quick questions for the group:

1. How far is the walk from the lobby to Magic Kingdom?

2. How long is the typical monorail trip to Magic Kingdom (considering all the stops at TTC, Poly, and GF)?

3. How far is the walk from the monorail concourse to the Garden Wing?

In advance, thanks!
It takes about 10-15 minutes to walk or monorail. It usually becomes a matter of convenience vs crowds. For instance, if you were leaving MK after Wishes, being able to walk could save you 30 mins (or more) in monorail crowd backup. But otherwise, we generally found it easier to take the monorail. Many people will tell you the opposite, that they always just walk.
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 12-02-2012, 08:11 AM   #2212
WDWKOOK

Maintenance planned for Disney reservation systems

By Leah Zanolla
Nov 28, 2012

Disney's reservation system will go down for maintenance December 3 at 5:00pm until sometime Tuesday afternoon, December 4. This is for Walt Disney World, Disneyland, and Aulani. If you need to make a payment, you should do so before these dates to ensure you will not be late. You will also not be able to make reservations for dining, dinner shows, tours, recreation and children's activity centers as well as Cirque du Soleil at Downtown Disney. You will also be unable to access Disney's online check-in service.
Old 12-02-2012, 11:02 AM   #2213
MickeyT
DIS Veteran

CR and BLT here we come!

Ok. Time to scratch another one/couple off our WDW resort bucket list. For our annual Marathon trip in January DW and I have booked one night CR Atrium Club level before moving over to a BLT 1 BR for four nights.

Then my sisters and BIL's are packing into a 2-BR at BCV. Best of both Worlds. 5 night MK and 4 night EPCOT.

Have thoroughly enjoy pouring over these pages for tips and insider info. Thanks everyone!

Old 12-02-2012, 07:35 PM   #2214
alcontemp
Earning My Ears

Garden Wing Balcony Door

Does anyone know if the upper floors in the garden wing have balcony doors that open?
I know there is no patio on the upper floors but I like to open the balcony door to let in fresh air.
I have talked to others who never tried to open the door and one other that thinks it opened a little and had a stop on it.

Last edited by alcontemp; 12-02-2012 at 08:06 PM.
Old 12-02-2012, 08:34 PM   #2215
NJRRK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcontemp
Does anyone know if the upper floors in the garden wing have balcony doors that open?
I know there is no patio on the upper floors but I like to open the balcony door to let in fresh air.
I have talked to others who never tried to open the door and one other that thinks it opened a little and had a stop on it.
They have sliding glass doors and a railing right outside. You can open the door, no problem.

4/76 - offsite, 4/77 - CR, 4/78 - CR, 4/79 - FW Trailer, 5/80 - CR, 5/82 - Disney Inn, 12/82 - FW Trailer, 5/83 - DL California, 12/83 - CR, 9/84 - CR, 1/85 - CR, 3/88 - Disney Village suites (later Disney Institute, where SSR is now), 8/96 - DxL (POR), 8/07 - CR, 10/08 - CR Atrium
Old 12-03-2012, 02:10 AM   #2216
Kidgoingon40
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post
My wife and I very much liked dinner the one time we ate at the Wave. And to be honest, we're the opposite, we thought we wouldn't like it because of the health bent. . The food was very good!
Hehe...I know what you mean!

I am glad to hear you enjoyed it - I am looking forward to trying it!

DisneyWorld Trips: 1990 GF / 1995 GF / Dec 2007 - Jan 08 DH and my 1st trip together / 2009 Jan GF July WL Birthday Sept. GF-AKL MNSSHP - Expedition Everest Challenge / 2010 Poly / 2011 GF split stay US PBR / 2013 March Contemporary
Old 12-03-2012, 03:57 PM   #2217
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyT View Post
Ok. Time to scratch another one/couple off our WDW resort bucket list. For our annual Marathon trip in January DW and I have booked one night CR Atrium Club level before moving over to a BLT 1 BR for four nights.

Then my sisters and BIL's are packing into a 2-BR at BCV. Best of both Worlds. 5 night MK and 4 night EPCOT.

Have thoroughly enjoy pouring over these pages for tips and insider info. Thanks everyone!
We loved our BLT one bedroom this past August, (we actually liked it more than the Atrium Club). I'll be eager to see what you think of both. Have a great trip!
Old 12-03-2012, 07:11 PM   #2218
alcontemp
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJRRK View Post
They have sliding glass doors and a railing right outside. You can open the door, no problem.
Thanks NJRRK,
I can breathe easy now
Old 12-04-2012, 04:20 PM   #2219
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Got back last night from our quick 2 nt trip to CR. We had originally booked a BLV as well as a Wishes Dessert Party at the MK, but when a Atrium CL std room came available we upgraded and canceled our dessert party. BEST DECISION!!!

It was our first visit to CR and we honestly only booked it because my DS9 really wanted to stay there. We had recently been to YC and WL and really didn't know how much we would like the CR and its compactness. But we loved it, everything was so convenient and the CL staff was extremely friendly. Having a BLV and being able to use the CL for MK views was PERFECT!

DH and I still like the "feel" of YC more, but were very happy at the CR and the kids have casted their vote for Feb and we will be returning to CR once again CL isn't avail for our Feb dates, but I still think we will have a great time and just bring our own drinks and snacks and use the observation deck for MK viewing.

I had read on the boards somewhere that the design of the sinks leads to losing the vanity and shelf area for toiletries. We just kept our stuff on the shelf underneath, which wasn't as convenient but worked out fine. I really do like the room decor and the modern feel. Not to mention the spaciousness of the room!

CR turned out to be a winner for our family Thanks to everyone for all the tips and info!

My Trip Reports:

Old 12-04-2012, 08:08 PM   #2220
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Got back last night from our quick 2 nt trip to CR. We had originally booked a BLV as well as a Wishes Dessert Party at the MK, but when a Atrium CL std room came available we upgraded and canceled our dessert party. BEST DECISION!!!

I had read on the boards somewhere that the design of the sinks leads to losing the vanity and shelf area for toiletries. We just kept our stuff on the shelf underneath, which wasn't as convenient but worked out fine. I really do like the room decor and the modern feel. Not to mention the spaciousness of the room!

CR turned out to be a winner for our family Thanks to everyone for all the tips and info!
Glad you liked it so much! We were in the camp that really hates those sinks, good that it didn't bother you at all.
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: